Does Protesting Work?

Over the last few weeks, we have seen a number of different actions undertaken by fans.

Two things jump out at me, firstly was the boycott the SFA campaign, trying to hit sponsors and trying to get the SFA to take notice. We saw William Hill as running around trying to sort themselves out with it, etc, we demanded responses and pushed and pushed until some were claiming a degree of a victory on our march to Hampden.

Secondly, obviously, is the anti-Bill Miller campaign, bombarding aggressive e-mails at his company, facebook page, etc, and probably disrupting his business, as well as more obvious displays at the stadium (even threats of pitch invasions and all sorts).

The point is, can we claim that protesting works, apart from the one occasion when the person it was directed at actually says it had an impact? Or, if we don't think it works, should we all just save our time for any future campaigns?

Give newco the red card was well received.....and followed up by a desperate support accepting just that.

Miller didn't pull out of the deal because of any protest, that was down to finances.

The only sponsors that the protest affected were one's whose deals had already ended.

So, when it involves money, probably not.

I don't think we'll see the same people protesting again at Ibrox, given that so many of them claim their protest had no effect on Miller. Why waste money on banners?

Hopefully, there will be nothing else which neefs such action to be taken.

Apparently nothing needs such action to be taken, because the action is completely ineffective.

How was it ineffective? In the end up it wasn't needed with regard to the Miller bid, but there's still D&P and other bidders.

Because, as you among others have told us repeatedly, it had no effect.

Miller pulled out because he didn't have the funds to plough into the financial black hole. His wee dig made good copy for the media, but was merely a smokescreen.

I would have said no but when 7000 marched with Sandy Jardine... that was some powerful shit.

And theres the uprising in the Arab countries recently. More powerful shit.

Ha ha. Classic, comparing 7000 football fans walking to a stadium, to the millions of people uprising in the arab world.

So the banners and emails had no effect?

I already answered that a couple of posts back.

You obviously think it did, as you're entitled to. If you were happy with a newco being formed, I can understand why you would take that view. Others weren't happy about it and made their feelings known. Get over it.

You obviously think it did, as you're entitled to. If you were happy with a newco being formed, I can understand why you would take that view. Others weren't happy about it and made their feelings known. Get over it.

:lol:

In one post you claim the banners had no effect, in another you claim they had an effect. When asked again to clarify, you invent my position and tell me to get over it? Bravo sir, fine stuff! :D

Casey, you pulled me up for falling for spin a few days ago....when were those protests ever about newco's ?

Casey, you pulled me up for falling for spin a few days ago....when were those protests ever about newco's ?

I have no idea what the true nature of the protests was, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were self-serving acts. For me though, they were critical of Miller's plans to set up a newco, and therefore I approved of them. Like the 'attacks' on Whyte last year, I don't care where they come from.

I have no idea what the true nature of the protests was, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were self-serving acts. For me though, they were critical of Miller's plans to set up a newco, and therefore I approved of them. Like the 'attacks' on Whyte last year, I don't care where they come from.

They were driven by a blue knights spokesman....this can't be compared to getting rid of whyte.

Miller being right or wrong is not he point here, tbk's sabotaging other bids because they have more "quantum" is.

The rst

It was the moronfromdelmonte and Dingwall that whipped this up.

If you like to describe them as powerful so be it.... :lol:

Any moron can cause disruption, look at you on here :)

powerful enough to have London bidder whimpering in their basement it seems.