Mikel Arteta

Craigy

Was it a big mistake getting rid of Arteta.

He always looked a class player and has been linked with £10m moves away from Everton. He has also just picked up Evertons player of the year award and is highly rated down in the Premiership :pipeguy:

Was it a big mistake getting rid of Arteta.

He always looked a class player and has been linked with £10m moves away from Everton. He has also just picked up Evertons player of the year award and is highly rated down in the Premiership :pipeguy:

Part of Murrays cost cuttin and he wiz greetin tae get hame anyway but we all know now that was a false whinge fae the wee ersehole

He wanted to be the main man in our midfield and got his chance when Barry left. But he didn't do the business, for whatever reason. He also didn't do much at Real Sociedad. So he's come good at another club, in another league, some years after he left us? Good luck to him - there's no point in us greeting about it now.

He wanted to be the main man in our midfield and got his chance when Barry left. But he didn't do the business, for whatever reason. He also didn't do much at Real Sociedad. So he's come good at another club, in another league, some years after he left us? Good luck to him - there's no point in us greeting about it now.

I dont like the wee barsteward for wanting oot anyway so feck him

Part of Murrays cost cuttin and he wiz greetin tae get hame anyway but we all know now that was a false whinge fae the wee ersehole

Yeh, went back to Spain but didn't give his paella time to cool down before he was away again. But it was hardly a mistake, like Gattuso, wanted to go and we didn't know how good they would end up being.

he wanted to go there wasnt much we could do about it. We all knew he was a class player.

Agreed. He wanted to move to a bigger league. We couldn't have kept him much longer even if we wanted to.

Much wiz it we got? ;)

£2.5m i think but then we got a percentage of the tranfer fee when everton signed him as well. Still stupid to let him go for so little considering we paid £6m for him. Everton only paid £2m for him i think.

Yeh, went back to Spain but didn't give his paella time to cool down before he was away again. But it was hardly a mistake, like Gattuso, wanted to go and we didn't know how good they would end up being.

For the cynical amongst us, RFC were just shop window stuff for his hopeful move to the premiership....via spain.

For the cynical amongst us, RFC were just shop window stuff for his hopeful move to the premiership....via spain.

He was a Barcelona player, out on loan to French club PSG when we signed him I believe. He was easily good enough for his agent to get him into a Premiership side, if that's what he wanted. Not one of the big clubs, granted.

he wanted to go, we didnt want him to go..

Dont think he was part of the cost cutting, he went back to spain as he coundnt settle, and we also took a loss because of that so i really doubt we'd have let him go for less than 5 mil at that time.

Murray DID spend £6million on him to be fair.

Murray DID spend £6million on him to be fair.

I know he wanted to leave but we only got £2m which was pretty poor considering how good he was :pipeguy:

TBH, I wish we ha never gotten rid of Arteta, I think he's a great player. However, he wanted to leave and head back to Spain. As said in an earlier post, he was always going to play second fiddle to Ferguson, that he didnt want. It still anoys me that he cried to go home to spain and within a year he was in the EPL. Its too bad really, we sold him on a low and go F#$% all for him. He would be great in our midfield now!

Dont think he was part of the cost cutting, he went back to spain as he coundnt settle, and we also took a loss because of that so i really doubt we'd have let him go for less than 5 mil at that time.

The couldnt settle stuff is a whole load of crap because 6months later he was back in Britain playing for Everton. He spat the dummy out because he wasnt gonna be the main man in midfield had 1 good season and will always be remembered for scoring that penalty against Dunfermline :D