Silk Purses and pigs' ears

Can Walter do it ?

Is all well with the world again after yesterday ?

Do they need to spend more than us ?

Are we getting carried away with it ?

What is the truth of our current situation ?

Can Walter and Ally transform this team into a decent team ? If not, what will it take ?

Well..he has shown what can be achieved with man-management and organisation of a rabble of players that he didnt pick in the first place.

His argument therefor should be, imagine what i can do with the players i want, in to play the systems i want.

He has steadied the ship, got the fans and more importantly, the players on his side. He has them believing that we are more than a match for sellik and the confidence to push on next year.

We are no where near the finished article, but we have a foundation to build upon

Can Walter do it ?

In the SPL yes, Europe no, i have my doubts.

Is all well with the world again after yesterday ?

For a couple of days anyway, yes.

Do they need to spend more than us ?

No, we need a lot of work.

Are we getting carried away with it ?

Not me, we are still pish in general.

What is the truth of our current situation ?

We are poor, but imo Celtic are not much better, they went through a spell Oct, Nov, where they kept having other teams score goals for them, last minute bloomers by opposition goalkeepers, etc.

Can Walter and Ally transform this team into a decent team ? If not, what will it take ?

We need a real injection of pace, twice yesterday Boyd could not run away from a defender (that is the only time you'll see me criticise Boyd)

We need Brown, he has pace and tenacity, something we sadly lack, coz much as Fergie can be brilliant, he has a tendency to slow a break down.

at the end of the day he has players playing for the jersey and thats what you want. We need players that will give everything for the gers and WS knows that.

Agreed. You can chuck all the money you want at your team, but if they are not willing to fight for the Jersey then you are wasting your time. Chelsea anyone?

Like Talksport were saying, we need an injection of pace into the team. If Walter can sort that I see no reason why we should be at least challenging for the title.

Celtic will have a cash advantage but need to make big changes too. We're lucky that they've been foolish with their wage bill.

Agreed. You can chuck all the money you want at your team, but if they are not willing to fight for the Jersey then you are wasting your time. Chelsea anyone?

Bad example. Chelsea fight for each other, Hence why despite having injuries to key players all season they managed to win the Carling cup, take the league almsot to the wire, get to the Champions league semi (losing on pens) and getting to the fa cup final.

Newcastle or even Arsenal would be a better example.

Yes with the right backing from SDM WS can do it.

He has shown as stated numerous times above what he can do with a rabble of players NOT of his choosing (mainly).

This squad is pretty poor and I think WS and Ally et all KNOW THIS.

Again as stated above we need pace AND guile brought into the team in the form of a quality playmaker, also a good CB, a ball winner in m/field, a good big target man/ striker and two good wingers that can CROSS a ball. Plus a back-up at GK and RB.

Thats 5 or 6 new starters plus a couple of back-ups.

WS in one paper today says he needs 5 additional players if no-one leaves.