AJ a litany of excuses

ray

AJ saying too little too late imo, he and the old board have let us down badly. They know where the Skeletons are buried, but AJ own addmission he is still not telling us everything. That's why we are in the mess we are in, a culture of fear and silence instilled by Murray is still to this day prevalent.

Very true Rangers were Mintys personal domain for 20 years, we will be recovering from his desicions for along time yet, especial his handing over to CW

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

AJ failed during his directorship to implement proper corporate governance procedures and stop SDM's dictatorship.

AJ failed during his chairmanship to find a new buyer, his self proclaimed purpose.

AJ failed to disclose the CW dossier to the fans which was the only way he could have prevented the sale.

Basically AJ failed throughout his time at the Club.

But now, apparently, he doesn't want to take his share of the blame.

AJ failed during his directorship to implement proper corporate governance procedures and stop SDM's dictatorship.

AJ failed during his chairmanship to find a new buyer, his self proclaimed purpose.

AJ failed to disclose the CW dossier to the fans which was the only way he could have prevented the sale.

Agreed he wants to be the fans friend without taking responsibilty. ps cheers for the rep Boss :)

(tu)

Alastair Johnston isn't to blame for our predicament but he isn't the wonderful guy, who defended the Club in its hour of need either.

The debt came down because of Lloyds Bank, not because of many of the board members, including Mr Johnston, during that two year period. Mr J accused the bank of restricting the board from spending.

As for "jumping up and down" to warn everyone of the danger that was Craig Whyte, Alastair J was not vocal enough. He and the other board members should have resigned if they felt so strongly. His comments at the time were more muted than vocal and as has been posted previously, they seemed more like "sour grapes" than outright criticism. The only reason that fans backed Whyte at the time of the takeover was simply due to a lack of any evidence to totally distrust him. Alastair Johnston's parting comment to the fans to "be wary of Whyte" is hardly "shouting from the rooftops" or "jumping up and down".

I'm one of the older cynical types who is wary of everybody I don't know. You get the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. I note other people's comments but unless there is hard evidence against a person, I go with them up to a point. When Whyte came along and Murray had supposedly checked him out, why should we fans not have gone with the flow? There were no "red lights flashing" from AJ, just a slightly blinking amber of caution.

and its still going on.

debt halved without proper corporate governance hmmmm.

didn't tell us. hmmm. he did but was shot down are we to believe any additional info would have helped. its not like we didn't know whyte was potless and a liquidator.

didn't find a buyer. perhaps he was just fussyer than Muir about that.

and its still going on.

didn't tell us. hmmm. he did but was shot down are we to believe any additional info would have helped. its not like we didn't know whyte was potless and a liquidator.

These are interesting points GS; just a pity you are the one saying them, because they are worth considering, but because it's you they will largely be ignored.

Incidently, I am a fan of AJ the man; as Chairman of Rangers he was not that great. I heard a story, and hearing AJ's friendship spoken about brings it to mind. Sir Peter Walker, former cabinet minister in Thatcher's Government was invited to be Chairman of the Board of Mirror Group; but when he looked at the company he declined at the very last minute, when it was much expected that he would take the position: history gives us some idea why he declined. If AJ didn't like what he saw why did he at least distance himself with what was going on; or did he allow his close relationship with Sir David Murray to compromise his integrity?

These are interesting points GS; just a pity you are the one saying them, because they are worth considering, but because it's you they will largely be ignored.

Incidently, I am a fan of AJ the man; as Chairman of Rangers he was not that great. I heard a story, and hearing AJ's friendship spoken about brings it to mind. Sir Peter Walker, former cabinet minister in Thatcher's Government was invited to be Chairman of the Board of Mirror Group; but when he looked at the company he declined at the very last minute, when it was much expected that he would take the position: history gives us some idea why he declined. If AJ didn't like what he saw why did he at least distance himself with what was going on; or did he allow his close relationship with Sir David Murray to compromise his integrity?

people can take or leave what I say but I seriously doubt anyone listens to boss anymore on this subject. with his record.

and its still going on.

debt halved simply because uefa gave us near 40 million extra in revenue that isn't guaranteed anymore.

Don't try and paint a picture that the old board somehow halved the debt when they relied on champions league money, obtained by the players winning the league, to halve it

rangers were living well outside their means under the guidance of aj and co. If it wasn't for the bank basically telling them to Fucking reign it in we'd be without a club about now

people can take or leave what I say but I seriously doubt anyone listens to boss anymore on this subject. with his record.

It's not like you to play the man when you're losing the argument. :rolleyes:

I neither like nor dislike AJ. I don't know him personally.

I don't blame him for our situation but I don't think he did particularly well as chairman. He looked and sounded the part in an American "bullshitting" sort of way but it didn't really amount to much in terms of actually getting results at boardroom level.

His main function was to get a buyer and at that he failed. I assume he would have been aware of the difficulty of that particular task prior to accepting that remit. As we can see for ourselves just now, finding the right buyer is not an easy task.

Reducing the debt, as far as I can tell, was basically due to necessity at the behest of Lloyds and their man Muir on the board.

On the Craig Whyte issue, AJ should have been far more vocal in his condemnation, in fact, he should have resigned as a clear and unambiguous warning to us all. He didn't though and all his subsequent comments at the time were more guarded than thunderous. The situation required much more clarity from AJ on the Whyte situation. His warnings should have been "DANGER" not "Caution".

debt halved simply because uefa gave us near 40 million extra in revenue that isn't guaranteed anymore.

Don't try and paint a picture that the old board somehow halved the debt when they relied on champions league money, obtained by the players winning the league, to halve it

rangers were living well outside their means under the guidance of aj and co. If it wasn't for the bank basically telling them to Fucking reign it in we'd be without a club about now

This. (tu)

Walter earned the money (without him, we wouldn't be having this conversation). Muir made sure it wasn't squandered. But AJ now wants to claim the credit. You couldn't make it up - but AJ did.

and its still going on.

One only had to look at the boiler room that is/was MHG and all of the cross correlations with all sorts of whyte blind alleys Countryliner being a particularily easy and telling one to find no PI needed, also Pritchards indebtedness to LBG.

Johnston could have done a lot more, he would have been as well saying nothing rather than his half hearted quotes before the sale, of course he could have resigned but he didn't, my old bank manager had a favoured saying about men of straw, if the cap fits etc.

Some on here took the time of this to have a right go at some of our legends at our club, I myself thought whyte was being unfairly treated at the time and I believe people played with our fans emotions on this matter but I still don't understand the shit that was being spouted by our own fans at the tine

Some on here took the time of this to have a right go at some of our legends at our club, I myself thought whyte was being unfairly treated at the time and I believe people played with our fans emotions on this matter but I still don't understand the shit that was being spouted by our own fans at the tine

the problem the fans had at the time is that the old board seemed quite happy to sit there and claim ignorance of Murray's running of the club, and also claim a wage

now that their gravy train seemed to dry up with Whyte they took to the rooftops proclaiming he's the devil. Fuck me we paid Martin Bain near 500k when the club's financial position got worse. Did you hear Bain having a go at Murray lol

cost were cut players sold. don't rewrite history.

it was disgusting.

if he thinks I am going to prove we cut cost during aj's reign he's off his chump. everyone knows we did.

You're right here in terms of transfer fees. In the last published accounts we had a net transfer income of £9.95m between 2009 and 2010.

Player amortisation also dropped slightly from £8.8m to £7.3m

To be fair to AJ while he may have known Murray for a long time he was never involved with Rangers until brought in to find a buyer, so he wasn't really a part of the mess Minty created.