In defence of D & P

Rangers appointed the administrators which was approved by the courts, Duff and Phelps were also Rangers prefered administrators if I remember correctly HMRC wanted the court to choose our administrators but that clearly did not happen.

Rangers have appointed administrators Duff and Phelps after a court battle with Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs. The Glasgow club were given an ultimatum to move into administration at the Court of Session in Edinburgh 24 hours after lodging notice of intent.

The move will trigger an automatic 10-point deduction by the Scottish Premier League all but handing the title to Celtic.

The Court of Session had given Rangers until 3.30pm to appoint an administrator, at which point a challenge by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs to do exactly that at Ibrox would have been ruled upon.

When signalling their intention to move into administration on Monday, Rangers named Duff and Phelps as the firm set to assist with that. A partner in that London-based company, David Grier, was photographed alongside the Rangers owner Craig Whyte in the Rangers directors box before a match on 10 May last year.

Also stop greeting and acting like a bell end!

Interesting how you are keen to repeatedly stress how Rangers (not Craig Whyte) wanted D&P.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting how you are keen to repeatedly stress how Rangers (not Craig Whyte) wanted D&P.

I am only repeating what it says in black and white and what I recall from the start of the process if I am wrong then sorry we cannot all be correct with the info we provide.

As I believe Rangers, (Whyte) appointed D&P as administrators and informed the Court of Session which was then granted.

Either way ill make my judgment come judgement day whenever that may be. :)

c whyte wants us liquidated to get rich.

d&p need us liquidated so rangers can't sue them.

people should wake up.

Oh GS how you let yoursself down (I actually like you BTW :h34rt: )

BUT If there is shenanigans it would be the CREDITORS who would sue D&P for not doing their jobs correctly NOT Rangers and HMRC and Ticketus (being the biggest) have deep enough pockets to do so! Going into Liquidation does NOT stop D&P for being responsible to the creditors for their actions.

Someone better tell the many supporters rushing to JJB ect who are buying new tops by the bucketload then.... :sherlock:

They are just buying the new Rangers top. Next week they'll be able to buy the new New Rangers top according to slinggunnermudstalker.

Rangers appointed the administrators which was approved by the courts, Duff and Phelps were also Rangers prefered administrators if I remember correctly HMRC wanted the court to choose our administrators but that clearly did not happen.

Rangers have appointed administrators Duff and Phelps after a court battle with Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs. The Glasgow club were given an ultimatum to move into administration at the Court of Session in Edinburgh 24 hours after lodging notice of intent.

The move will trigger an automatic 10-point deduction by the Scottish Premier League all but handing the title to Celtic.

The Court of Session had given Rangers until 3.30pm to appoint an administrator, at which point a challenge by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs to do exactly that at Ibrox would have been ruled upon.

When signalling their intention to move into administration on Monday, Rangers named Duff and Phelps as the firm set to assist with that. A partner in that London-based company, David Grier, was photographed alongside the Rangers owner Craig Whyte in the Rangers directors box before a match on 10 May last year.

Also stop greeting and acting like a bell end!

Ach I may be greeting and acting like a bell end (I am sure you'll find a few to agree with you) but at least I do understand the administration process unlike some !!

If we are going to start arguing about CW / Rangers apointing the administrator we may as well accept the SFA sanctions where they have made no distinction between individual action and corporate action (and yet as a support we disagree with that)

I suggest we get some honest admins that don't want us liquidated.

There is zero proof that D&P want us liquidated.

If they are replaced and the whole administration process starts again, we will end up being wound up, sold off at an asset sale and cease to exist. Then again maybe that's what the bitter TBK supporters want.

There is zero proof that D&P want us liquidated.

If they are replaced and the whole administration process starts again, we will end up being wound up, sold off at an asset sale and cease to exist. Then again maybe that's what the bitter TBK supporters want.

let's see if that happens anyway.

Reporting to the court has its requirements, but it doesn't mean the court has granularity (!) on every decision they make or why. The constantly changing deadlines seem self-serving for the admin, Whyte states he won't sell to tbk and then only one group of the 3 to get close to preferred bidder status are asked to front a non-refundable 500k (possibly a justified request to prove they have any money given tbk's performance, but then bill miller doesn't seem to be a billionaire and he was rushed through).

Duff and phelps need to be seen to be acting in the best interests of the creditors to keep the court happy, but I think their secondary interest is more closely aligned to Whyte's interests than it is to Rangers'.

By reporting to the court their actions are challengable by the creditors in the court - if they do anything not in the best interest of the creditors then they will have to account for it. Now what secondary interest that you elude to would they have that would sway them doing their professional best ?

Regrettably this issue is no longer about proof - perceptions are a wholly different matter, and perceptions are a very strong influence. I have not asked D & P to resign nor requested that they be sacked (and nor do I intend to). I have suggested that I consider their position to be untenable - it is for them to decide if, in these circumstances, they feel they can continue.

OK I suspect they will choose to stay. - to resign now would be an admission - perception of guilt !

By reporting to the court their actions are challengable by the creditors in the court - if they do anything not in the best interest of the creditors then they will have to account for it. Now what secondary interest that you elude to would they have that would sway them doing their professional best ?

Extending the process to make them the most money possible, regardless of the impact on our club or the closer it brings us tto being liquidated.

Extending the process to make them the most money possible, regardless of the impact on our club or the closer it brings us tto being liquidated.

Velo if they wanted to extend the administration all they need to do is reduce costs and take us, still inv administration, into next season - that would be a disaster. As for liquidation that is a valid part of the admin process which ensures a Cva is worth more to the creditors than selling the assets