WTF happens if a club gets suspended for a year?

bunter

Surely they might as well just expell the club, how can any club stand going a year with no money coming in from attendances? Can you just freeze everything? I doubt it. Has this ever happened before in world football??

We could play a home friendly every week(52 matches), fill Ibrox with 50000 fans and charge £15 per head. Potential £39m there in just gate receipts(obviously unrealistic but you get my point), that should get us back on our feet. Do the SPL and SFA want that cash rich monster coming back into their shite league and destroying everything in its path? I doubt it.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed.

The JPP actually mentions 5 sanctions (what did I say about McConville being a crap, stuck-off solicitor?)

1. Fine

2. Suspension

3. Expulsion from participation in the game

4. Ejection from the Scottish Cup

5. Termination of membership

(On a separate point, I don't see "suspension" defined. Suspension from what? Voting, playing, membership? Interesting...)

Interesting point, nothing in Annex E

We could play a home friendly every week(52 matches), fill Ibrox with 50000 fans and charge £15 per head. Potential £39m there in just gate receipts(obviously unrealistic but you get my point), that should get us back on our feet. Do the SPL and SFA want that cash rich monster coming back into their shite league and destroying everything in its path? I doubt it.

I don't think we could. Most FA's have it as a rule that you can only play clubs affiliated with other FA's.

I don't think we could. Most FA's have it as a rule that you can only play clubs affiliated with other FA's.

Isn't that ok? I didn't mean playing Scottish sides every week, i meant playing anyone from anywhere. Expanding our brand, utilising contacts worldwide and making new friends.

Isn't that ok? I didn't mean playing Scottish sides every week, i meant playing anyone from anywhere. Expanding our brand, utilising contacts worldwide and making new friends.

Well if the IFA had such a rule we couldn't play Linfield. I know for a fact the FA do so we couldn't play any FA member clubs. It would depend on the individual FA's. I know FIFA nations can't generally play non-FIFA nations too.

Well if the IFA had such a rule we couldn't play Linfield. I know for a fact the FA do so we couldn't play any FA member clubs. It would depend on the individual FA's. I know FIFA nations can't generally play non-FIFA nations too.

Didn't we play Hamburg during the season last year?

Ah, got you now mate. Ok. (tu)

This is my biggest problem with people going on about having membership suspended/terminated and how we'll just play friendlies and do this and that and the next. If we have no membership to ANY FA we're fucked. Bigtime. Even down to things as simple as referees. The SFA won't provide us with refs for frienly games. I'd be surprised if other FA's did so it'll end up eith Jimmy Bell running one line, the other teams kitman doing the other and some punter being the ref.

We'll plat Linfield home and away every weekend for a season lol

Na but seriously, it won't happen, its not even an option.

I think if we are suspended that friendly matches are out of the question.

Here's hoping that's it a ban out if the Scottish Cup.

Thats a typical punishment the SFA have dished out in recent years.

Spartans got kicked out last year for not putting a date in the correct place on a form.

A but severe in my opinion, but rules are rules I suppose.

This is my biggest problem with people going on about having membership suspended/terminated and how we'll just play friendlies and do this and that and the next. If we have no membership to ANY FA we're fucked. Bigtime. Even down to things as simple as referees. The SFA won't provide us with refs for frienly games. I'd be surprised if other FA's did so it'll end up eith Jimmy Bell running one line, the other teams kitman doing the other and some punter being the ref.

In other words, there is no way we will be suspended or expelled unless the SFA actually want to kill off Scottish football once and for all. (tu)