Loaning Players Out

coopered

Is this an option. If we go down,say,to div 1 for a year,is it feasible that we allow any player wishing to stay with Rangers to go out on loan for a year to the likes of the Championship or EPL. I'm thinking of the likes of Naismith & MacGregor. Davis, Boca,McCabe,Aluko seem likely to move on. I'm hopeful Jig,Broadfoot,Wallace,Fleck,Bedoya,Ortiz,Ness,Perry,Alexander and a few other youngsters may stay on.

if mcgregor goes id be chuffed to bits if alexander stayed. great back up keeper.

but although an option very unlikely with the amount that are 'expected' to leave if newspapers and media are to be believed

Also thought about this idea, means we could get there massive wages off the bill for a season and when we returned to our rightful place in the sphell we could have our team back and not have to rebuild

I reckon it might be the only way we could afford to retain even some of the better players. Wage bill reduced. Key players performing at a decent level while we are down for a season. Still likely to be picked for their countries if playing in championship as opposed to div 1.

Some flaws in the plan though lads.

One being that a lot of loan deals see's the parent club generally paying a very large percentage of the player wage (will it really benefit us THAT much?)

Secondly being that the age/calibre of player being loaned usually see's the new club wanting to attach a future fee clause.

Can't really see us being able to loan out McGregor to say a Wigan on full wages agree'd by them, and them not wanting to have an attached first buy option of X amount.

Which is probably a bit of a shite way to go about things, when ideally these guys could still do us the turn, and be kept. or are better to be sold and the income generated be used elsewhere - be that in the near future, or in a few years time when we can expand more.

if mcgregor goes id be chuffed to bits if alexander stayed. great back up keeper.

but although an option very unlikely with the amount that are 'expected' to leave if newspapers and media are to be believed

If Alexander stays I hope its not on his present wages !