North Rd

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The man is a total liar.

Over on his blogs comment section he wrote this in reply to someone

@st2oh scott Ive apologised. Were trying to do a feature on some of this internet stuff. Wasnt aware if nature of memorial. Sorry.

Er that's not what you wrote a few months back fud..

8/3/12

Outside one corner of Ibrox a monument stands to the 66 who were crushed to death on a cold, foggy January night in 1971. Today an empty area, concrete bollards and a small street mark the area where Stairway 13 once stood and those supporters died in the crush

http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thoms...ngers-rack/818

A total muppet of the highest order can't even get his story straight.

I think we should keep our dignity here and the dignity of our fallen friends who died at the Ibrox disaster to not entertain him.

Whilst I see your point, no-one could possibly taint the dignity of 66 people who died doing nothing more than watching a football match.

What I want this character hauled over the coals for is having no respect.

We live in an age where junkies are stealing the metal off war memorials, a memorial to boys killed by the ira was stolen, miners memorials have been vandalised. I accept that standards are falling, these are the acts of mindless junkies and thugs but making a cartoon of a monument takes some degree of "intelligence" and frankly it blows my mind that anyone thinks it could possibly be funny.

Alex Thomson case dropped

An odd footnote to the Rangers saga was resolved on Tuesday. Strathclyde Police confirmed that their investigation into an alleged threat made by an unnamed Scottish journalist against Alex Thomson, Chief Correspondent of Channel 4 News, has closed after no evidence was found.

A Strathclyde Police spokesperson told The Daily Telegraph: “An investigation was carried out but we were unable to establish any evidence of criminality.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9357195/Rangers-problem-dumped-on-laps-on-Scottish-Football-League-clubs.html

Liar.

I already have, and called CH4...

I’m contacting you to draw your attention to a cartoon/GIF posted on the twitter account of your journalist Alex Thompson.

This shows a picture of the Ibrox Disaster memorial at Ibrox, there is a speech bubble coming from the mouth of the John Greig statue, saying “we don’t do walking away”. Alex Thompson’s tweet states …

This should amuse all fans of all colours who've a sense of humour http://i48.tinypic.com/2s1rh8p.gif

Now I realize you can’t control everything your journalists post on their twitter page, but I hope you do realize that his comments are, in the public eye, linked with CH4 news.

This tweet is grossly offensive to all Rangers fans, and should be to all decent people, regardless of their affiliations. Sixty-six men, women and children died at Ibrox on the second of January 1971. A nine year old boy died in that accident … and Thompson thinks “This should amuse all fans of all colours who've a sense of humour”

Now I believe Thompson has now deleted his tweet, claiming that he didn’t realize the significance of the statue at Ibrox.

Well, I’m sorry, but that just doesn’t wash. I refer you to a previous CH4 blog, when he states:

Outside one corner of Ibrox a monument stands to the 66 who were crushed to death on a cold, foggy January night in 1971. Today an empty area, concrete bollards and a small street mark the area where Stairway 13 once stood and those supporters died in the crush.

Link : http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/rangers-rack/818

Thompson clearly knew the significance of the statue, he must have understood the significance of his tweet, yet he went ahead and posted it anyway.

Are you happy with this man reporting on the Rangers situation when he clearly doesn’t understand the emotions and the sensitivities of the people involved.

In closing, I urge you to go onto You-tube and search for a BBC documentary on the Ibrox disaster, look for an interview with Gisela Easton who lost her 13 year old son, and ask yourself where the humour is.

you are spot on,well said!

9m alex thomson ‏@alextomo

I apologise. I was not aware. I have deleted that post.

Chris Graham ‏@ChrisGraham76

@alextomo You were aware. You've stood beside statue. You pander to bigots every day, why not leave the tweet as a testament to your idiocy?

7m Jonny Graham ‏@jonny2107

@alextomo yes you where i read tweets a number of months ago when u refered to it as a statue & you where corrected to which you aknowledged

Hi, I don't have twitter, can these be verified. By anyone?