Alex Thomson Mocks the Rangers Disaster

North Rd

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not defending him, more having a go at the 'mock offense' that some of our own have taken to. If you look at my post you will see that I say:

If you think that is defending someone, then I'm glad you are not my lawyer!

There is no fucking 'mock' about it. It was a disgraceful and disgusting use of our memorial and should rightly be slated.

I will put on my tin hat for this but ...

Why are we all getting so workied up over this ??

For many years we sang, quite happily, TFIO. When the MOPES complained, bitterly about it, our defence, quite rightly, was "Where has the humour gone from the game ?"

To the great unwashed, this song is an affront to thier sensibilites, it makes a mockery of a terrbile disaster than affected many of their (supposed) ancestors and they therefore found it distasteful & offensive. Whereas, to us, it was a poke in the ribs at all the plastic paddies who proclaim links to the Emerald Isle, when the closest thay have got to it is putting 3 numbers on the Irish Lotto at the bookies !!

Now, this image is broadcast by a journalist, who has somehow been blindsided by those who wish us harm at every opportunity, we have suddenly developed the same thin skin, is the image Crass ... yes, Is the image in bad taste .. again yes, but do i find the image offensive & deserved of such bad press ... not really.

I have said as much on twitter and been on the receiving end of some abuse because of my opinion, however I don't really give a fuck.

After the abuse we have taken in the press the last few weeks/months, I think we are jumping on any opportunity to become offended, taking a chance to strike back, blindly, at anyone just to point score.

It's been a horrible period in our history but we cannot ask for humour to be part of football, even if considered by some as offensive then react in exactly the aame way when it's aimed at us.

That's my tuppence worth, have at it (me) guys !!

I understand exactly the point you are trying to make.

Unfortunately now everything is a bit tit for tat, but lets not forget who made it that way.

We simply have to fight fire with fire, do you honestly think any Celtic fan was offended by TFS? Or by TBB? They simply complained and played the offended card as they always do.

Tried raising a complaint with them and they just have an answering service for you to leave your views, I left a comment but I reckon i'll need to email them.

Woman who put me through knew exactly what it was i was wanting to complain about though.

http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/rangers-apology/2041

A facet of the long-running Rangers story has been the creative use of the internet and IT to comment on the saga from all sides, from all kinds of fans. For some time I have been collecting such examples as they represent often highly-creative comment on the issues.

This morning I posted one such example which shows a statue of former Rangers player and director, John Greig, “walking away” from Ibrox. Mr Greig – along with other former Rangers directors was recently cited in a legal Tribunal ruling by the Scottish Football Association. Central to their ruling was that key directors – including Mr Greig – had not acted properly whilst the club was mismanaged.

This covers the time when Mr Greig was at the club, before he resigned. Therefore, I took this spoof video purely as a comment on John Greig “walking away” from Ibrox and nothing more.

However, it is true that this statue commemorates those who died in the Ibrox Park disaster. Some have interpreted this as disrespectful to their memory. I was aware of the significance of the statue, but did not interpret that this image was designed to make a cruel link between those that lost their lives and the recent Rangers story.

I immediately deleted the tweet and issued an unreserved apology – but Twitter is not always the best place for thorough explanation and apology –so I wanted to set out exactly what happened in my blog. I completely and unreservedly apologise for any offence caused.”

John DC Gow ‏@JohnDCGow

Re: Ibrox disaster statue @alextomo at 10.23 on twitter says, "I was not aware." Blog at 13:06 says "I was aware."

I am not defending him, more having a go at the 'mock offense' that some of our own have taken to. If you look at my post you will see that I say:

If you think that is defending someone, then I'm glad you are not my lawyer!

Oh you threw in the casual taig references but bottom line you still thought it was ok.

I'd argue otherwise, but entitled to your opinion. I believe he set out to take the piss, but not to directly mock the Ibrox disaster.

Agreed, he does pander to them. But mock outrage and offense only solidifies his reputation with them. It's just reality that some journalists will like us and be biased towards us, while others will favour the other side.

Here's an idea you tit. Why not ask some of the families of those 66, or fans who were there, if they are "mock" outraged or if they are declan o'ffended.

Here's an idea you tit. Why not ask some of the families of those 66, or fans who were there, if they are "mock" outraged or if they are declan o'ffended.

That's it, take the brave internet hardman pills before you log on and then start the name calling.

The bottom line is this - most of us hate Alex Thomson as he panders to the tims and uses and abuses us as a vehicle to progress his career. However, the picture that he posted was not made by him, was not intended to inflict misery of those who lost loved ones and was not mocking the Ibrox disaster.

We have been battered a lot in the press, media, other forums and in general recently and I can see the need to protect what is left of our club and to stand up for what we believe is right.

In this case I believe that he was taking the piss out of us, as we would with them, but that he was NOT mocking the Ibrox disaster. You are entitled to your opinion, and I am entitled to mine. What is the point of a forum if we cannot discuss things?

He is a fucking rat. Whether he intended it or not he understands how it has been perceived. How does he react? Remains on twitter continuing to obsess about Rangers with other offended offenders.

5 paragraphs, with more muck slinging, then a final sentence apology. If he made a similar mistake mocking the Syria Qubair massacre, I suspect it would be a different tone.

Obviously not that apologetic.

https://twitter.com/alextomo/status/217542216942485504

Has the man no shame. Alex give a proper apology or resign now.

He did know what the significance of John Greigs' statue was . He did know it directly related to the Ibrox Disaster. To say anything else makes him a dirty fuckin liar.

Dont let anyone kid you , this cunt gets posts from the scum and happily repeats them on his blogs including this latest obscenity.

They dont give a fuck how offensive this is to us , they can count themselves lucky it hasn't happened to them- It just goes to show the extent these evil bastards will go to get at us.

I'm sick of us just letting these things happen to us , we just seem to take it all the time. When are we going to get someone in the media to highlight shite like this?

BTW I sent a reply on his blog at 5 o'clock and its still being moderated after 2 hours. Free speech in action eh? What a fuckin joke.

The guy is a dick and an attention seeker, but he certainly isn't 'mocking the Ibrox disaster'.

He has posted a gif of the greatest ever Ranger saying 'we don't do walking away' and then having him walk away.

Absolutely fuck all to do with the Ibrox disaster.

Too many people acting like Declan O'fended these days. :anguish:

[/q

I agree (tu) (tu)

Finally got through to someone called amy, who is handling the complaints to this story has anyone else spoke with her, she offered her email for me to send a reply so they could send out a written response ..........

again the number is .............................02078333000

Any chance of posting her email so I can complain direct to save sitting in the phone queue?