Something that has been annoying me since Admin

The Dude

I know that this has went on for years but in the weeks and months following Admin its been something that has really been annoying me. Its not anything major but its an annoyance just the same.

'Glasgow Rangers'

The club is called Rangers or The Rangers. Not Glasgow Rangers. I can kind of tolerate foreigners who dont know better but men like John Brown (y'know the guy trying to portray himself as Mr. Rangers to the World) continually referring to us as Glasgow Rangers. Why should I trust you john when you can't even get the fucking clubs name right? You love the club? Call it by its proper name then. Now Brown isn't the only person guilty of this, far from it, but he should know better.

Whilst I appreciate that the club is referred to in song as 'Glasgow Rangers' theres a scope of creative licence allowed there. When you are trying to convince the fans that you are the right man to lead the club? There isn't the same creative licence.

So please, everyone that calls the club Glasgow Rangers, either conversationally or in print, fucking stop it.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shut up ye moaning old twat

I've never met an Raith Rovers fan who calls his club Kirkcaldy Raith Rovers.

We are not Glasgow Rangers. We are THE Rangers. We are the definitive article. Every other football club named such came after us. They use theilr location to differentiate between the clubs. Heres another example. When do you hear the FA refer to themselves as the English FA?

I'm fully aware that our name is just 'Rangers' but it's just common practice to call us 'Glasgow Rangers.'

It doesn't bother me to be honest, we've got bigger worries at the moment.

This really annoys the fuck out of me too.

So because of whats going on just now i just ignore everything else that isn't as serious?

'oh look i've fell and broke my leg, but its fine because I have cancer.'

Who determines the severity level? Is there a chart like the terror threat one?