I reckon Sky will reduce TV deal by 75% without Rangers.

I had read that the Old Firm matches were amongst Sky's very highest games for ratings and that Rangers or Celtic matches generally and surprisingly get massively more viewers than SPL matches without either. I think some figures quoted a factor of 10 or more.

Add in the loss of sponsorship without Rangers, even with a Sky contract, which would be reduced due to the reduced viewing numbers for the SPL and the effect on salaries, which would lead to a lower standard of player, I reckon Sky could cut by as much as 75%, as they could justify that easily.

From a Sky perspective, they'd look on it as they've lost the crown jewels of the Old Firm matches, and half their bread and butter of matches involving either and are left with the dross on an ever-diminishing standard, even in the case of Celtic, I reckon Sky could easily justify only paying 25% for such a reduced package.

The chairmen have almost all spoken fine words, but they must, as business men, be absolutely shitting themselves. I reckon most were hoping their fans wouldn't care and they could get away with a yes vote. A secret vote could yet lead to a surprise result if they don't get the SFL to agree to the one-year SFL1 solution.

well written and some good points, but why 75% - why not 60% or 80%?

It's a rough estimate, but your ball park is equally feasible to me. (tu)

As a business, they will look at the reduced product and want to use that for more favourable terms.

It's a rough estimate, but your ball park is equally feasible to me. (tu)

As a business, they will look at the reduced product and want to use that for more favourable terms.

fair enough. to be honest as long as they hurt the spl financially then i am happy.

and by hurt i dont mean hurt the other teams, i mean to make them realise how much this country needs us

Is it time for everyone to cancel their sky and see what happens

we were already doing this due to sfa sponsorship! i do know if your tied up in a 12month deal you have to see it thru,just feel rangers support if galvanised could do everything itself! theres enough of us! become a force in our own right.we are HUGE,leadership needed.

Scottish football has even less credibility now. Rangers have only ever been the 'story' and with our demise, hopefully to Division 3, Sky will hopefully terminate the contract.

In addition, sponsors will also desert Sky with regard to the SPL advertising lots.

I watch most of my SPL and Rangers only matches in the middle east via al jazeera with the feed from espn or sky itself. Last season, most of the live games were generally Rangers as it is the only club of interest. I have along with others already written to al jazeera and asked them to cancel any live SPL games and ensure that they are it paying over the odds for a sub standard product. Looks like they will be doing this when the SPL decision is contractually ratified.

This will be another funding stream which will soon evaporate as very few are interestd in watching the IRA sports wing's team. Once the al jazeera viewing is lost...that will be it forever. Also suggested to al jazeera that they shown more English Championship games instead or the Austrian league as they already show most European in any case.

The Old Firm is the only Scottish match that English and Welsh people will watch unless they support a Scottish team - so without the Old firm, any Sky Deal becomes pointless based on how many Sky customers there are in England - which is why Sky do not air any Irish Premiership and Welsh Premiership matches because not enough numbers wants to watch it.

They might just launch a channel like Scottish-Sports for a subscription fee and not air any matches on SkySports anymore.

But also lets not forget International countries who air Old Firm matches, that brings in revenue too - so overall Scottish football would be damaged by Rangers OR septic not being in the league.

Scottish football has even less credibility now. Rangers have only ever been the 'story' and with our demise, hopefully to Division 3, Sky will hopefully terminate the contract.

In addition, sponsors will also desert Sky with regard to the SPL advertising lots.

I watch most of my SPL and Rangers only matches in the middle east via al jazeera with the feed from espn or sky itself. Last season, most of the live games were generally Rangers as it is the only club of interest. I have along with others already written to al jazeera and asked them to cancel any live SPL games and ensure that they are it paying over the odds for a sub standard product. Looks like they will be doing this when the SPL decision is contractually ratified.

This will be another funding stream which will soon evaporate as very few are interestd in watching the IRA sports wing's team. Once the al jazeera viewing is lost...that will be it forever. Also suggested to al jazeera that they shown more English Championship games instead or the Austrian league as they already show most European in any case.

Alright mate.

Not seen you on for while.

You raise good points especially about writing. I think it would be worth more of us writing to say that we wouldn't pay to watch an SPL without Rangers.

i have had sky sports on since day one through ntl then virgin media and when i phoned up to cancel my sky sports package the guy asked why and when i told him it was because sky would no longer be showing rangers games due to penalties imposed by a currupt sfa and spl conspiracy. he said oh no not more rangers fans cancelling and he said he has been snowed under with cancellations since all the furore surrounding the club. so remember and outline to who ever takes your call if you are going to cancel and who knows maybe just maybe it will make a difference as sky has a lot of sway when it comes to footballing decisions.fuck the sfa and spl div 3 for me start with a clean slate then onwards and upwards w.a.t.p

i have had sky sports on since day one through ntl then virgin media and when i phoned up to cancel my sky sports package the guy asked why and when i told him it was because sky would no longer be showing rangers games due to penalties imposed by a currupt sfa and spl conspiracy. he said oh no not more rangers fans cancelling and he said he has been snowed under with cancellations since all the furore surrounding the club. so remember and outline to who ever takes your call if you are going to cancel and who knows maybe just maybe it will make a difference as sky has a lot of sway when it comes to footballing decisions.fuck the sfa and spl div 3 for me start with a clean slate then onwards and upwards w.a.t.p

I cancelled ESPN several days ago and they tried to persuade me to remain and offered me an incentive of two months free. I had previously advised their sales assistant that I was cancelling due to the bigotry and discrimination shown against RFC and the anti competitive nature of the actions which effectively was a barrier to free trade... Could hear other sales assistants in the background also dealing with cancellations.

Btw, if u cancel ESPN and suggest everyone does, you have to give them thirty days notice. Getting acting now as I believ from the conversation I had that they are feeling the pinch but principles come first...

Reckon sky might just put a cheap nasty take it or leave it type deal to the spl next season same as the bbc did in the early 2000s when the spl thought they were smart in turning down a much better deal from sky.

Also think they'll buy the rights to Rangers away games no matter the league to try and stop our fans from canceling SS and stop advertisers in Scotland from not renewing deals.

We'll probably be the number one rated team to watch next season in terms of viewers in and outside Scotland, the novelty factor of having a Glasgow derby against Queens park at hampden in front of 50,000 will be far more appealing than watching that other lot batter teams 4 or 5 nil most weeks.

Also got a feeling the Scottish cup draw might be rigged so that we end up playing "them".

Who fills the gap when the Timothy's are at home? Showing the sheep on tv would reduce their gate to below 1k in fact showing any non old firm teams home games will decimate their attendances which are shite to start with anyway.

I cancelled ESPN several days ago and they tried to persuade me to remain and offered me an incentive of two months free. I had previously advised their sales assistant that I was cancelling due to the bigotry and discrimination shown against RFC and the anti competitive nature of the actions which effectively was a barrier to free trade... Could hear other sales assistants in the background also dealing with cancellations.

Btw, if u cancel ESPN and suggest everyone does, you have to give them thirty days notice. Getting acting now as I believ from the conversation I had that they are feeling the pinch but principles come first...

I cancelled my Sky Sports in midweek and when asked why I told them ...... no Rangers no Sky.

They made a half hearted attempt to keep me by offering 20% off the next six months subscription.

Politely declined their offer.

I don't have Sky, do you guys dump the EPL as well or is the SPL a seperate deal?

No doubt people watch the Old Firm down south, even BBC Radio 5 covers them to a UK audience. It's one of the world's biggest games. This goes beyond just Scottish-based fans, no idea of the numbers.

I cancelled my Sky Sports in midweek and when asked why I told them ...... no Rangers no Sky.

They made a half hearted attempt to keep me by offering 20% off the next six months subscription.

Politely declined their offer.

WELL DONE! if there aint gers what is the point! cartoon network? cancelled mine also.was paying for cartoons,,,,,dont have a wein! robbers.