Hard times ahead aint that bad

hammer93

I think that's a bit unfair. There was a period from about 79 through until Holmes/Souness turned it all around where we had low crowds and very little success. I think the bears who were ST holders (as I was) or regular attendees deserve special mention as they showed committment when there wasn't big name players or trophies to be celebrated. I wouldn't want to alientate any more recent fans but I'd hope they'd use our experience as an example for the next couple of years.

During these years, well from 81/82, I was travelling down from Inverness, often on my own, just to see The Rangers (who were utter fucking gash). As soon as I found out how to get from Inverness to Glasgow & back without the parents sussing what I was up to, I was away. 12 years old. :D I think I paid for the train about 6 times in 4 years! The team were dreadful but I was like a moth drawn to a lightbulb.

Maybe, if I'd lived in Glasgow things would have been different, but I missed out on a childhood spent in the Ibrox Derry, so I wasn't missing any more.

A different breed of fan appeared after Souness arrived, and it took a long time for me to accept these glory hunters (especially the ones who could get to Ibrox no bother......."where the fuck had they been for years?" was my attitude).

25 years later, I think I've seen it all with Rangers now.....like any relationship, its had its ups and downs over the years, I was disgusted when we signed the tim, I was gutted when the standing areas finally disappeared, Murray and his attitude sometimes made it hard to stomach, the adulation of certain players who were very obvious cunts (I include John Brown here btw), I thought, at one point I may end the relationship altogether, as the club had lost its soul.....

Not now though. We have a journey to travel together again. We have a bond that no fenian bastard can ever break. The hatred shown towards Rangers has fanned the flames in my heart....my love for the club is ten-fold. It is like I was a kid again. Those bastards want a battle? I'm well up for it. A new reason to live. Anger is an energy.........and its one I thrive on.

NO SURRENDER. NOT NOW, NOT EVER.

WE ARE THE PEOPLE.