Exited about playing in the 3rd

mainsy81

I am excited about the new adventure our club will embark on in the lower divisions. The football won't be great but it will be a new and fresh experience which will allow our club to rebuild. I believe our fans will back the club in numbers that will embarrass the SPL. In many years to come I will tell my grandchildren about the famous Glasgow Rangers who got sent to the 3rd and I was there to see every kick of the ball that took them back to the top. Think of the day when we lift the title again, it will be the greatest I will ever witness.

I would rather it was 1st Division. To hell with all this 3rd Div crap. I know we want to see how other SPL clubs cope without us, but i am really only interested in our well being and that means 1st Division and then back among the reptiles in the SPL to do the basterts that done us in. I want my revenge and i want it quick.

I would rather it was 1st Division. To hell with all this 3rd Div crap. I know we want to see how other SPL clubs cope without us, but i am really only interested in our well being and that means 1st Division and then back among the reptiles in the SPL to do the basterts that done us in. I want my revenge and i want it quick.

naw down to 3rd for me lets see these fuckers suffer ! killie liquidated a month into season, aberdeen and hearts before christmas and then the rest will follow !

Yep third division would be exciting. As we'd be a pro team in what is essentially a semi-pro league we could genuinely target maximum points.

Unfortunately I fully expect all those who've been trotting out the "sporting hypocrisy" line to casually forget that mantra as they ensure we go into d1 to serve their financial interests

I personally think that Div 1 will financially penalise us relative to SPL teams more than Div 3. We go into Div 1 with sanctions and could take 2 or 3 years to get out of the division while having to maintain a squad capable of competing in thet league and preparing for SPL. In the meantime the SPL teams keep the bulk of their income, only losing our visits but keeping TV and sponsorship cash. The Tarriers will replace 2 Old Firm games with a couple of friendlys agaist European or ELP teams.

Now in Div 3 we can staff up with a Div 2 level squad, enough to win Div 3 and then in year 2 upgrade to a Div 1 squad etc. etc. In the meantime the SPL team's incomes are decimated and as we are getting stronger as they are getting weaker. Why do you think they want us in Div 1, sporting hypocrisy (sorry integrity) doesn't seem to matter now.

Div 1 could see a gap between us and the tarriers develop which will take us a generation to close, unless it is Div 1 with no sanctions.

I am excited about the new adventure our club will embark on in the lower divisions. The football won't be great but it will be a new and fresh experience which will allow our club to rebuild. I believe our fans will back the club in numbers that will embarrass the SPL. In many years to come I will tell my grandchildren about the famous Glasgow Rangers who got sent to the 3rd and I was there to see every kick of the ball that took them back to the top. Think of the day when we lift the title again, it will be the greatest I will ever witness.

nice romantic post mate and one that may eventually come true .(tu)

has to be the third and rebuild , But the SFA are gonny stich rangers up . first they will try to fire them into the first and if the clubs dont vote to accept it it will be a SPL 2 league formed to accomodate rangers and still keep the money from Sky television going to the clubs that voted us out. anyone that says the first div is the way to go is clearly not a rangers fan.Rangers is a club clearly with a big enough support to take care of itself. I hope they go to the third and the rest of the SPL can go to hell and the SPL will be 10 million down (do you think they are gonny let that happen). But plans are already being made to stitch rangers up. If thats the case then loads a fans will walk and you will see crowds a 4 and 5 thousand at the game