Rangers Will Save Scottish Football, When The SFA Force Them In To Division 1

Rangers Will Save Scottish Football, When The SFA Force Them In To Division 1

[imgleft]http://rangersmedia.co.uk/images/resized/images/wv25sfa_200_200.jpg[/imgleft]The build up all this week ahead of the legal formality that is the SFL vote, has been focussed on the various statements made by SFL club's, as each individual stance is made clear, for the whole of scottish football to see.

So far, the incredible overwhelming majority, wish to see Rangers admitted to the SFL and placed in Division 3, as would be in line with previous entries in to the SFL. Approximately seventeen SFL club's have indicated that they wish to see Rangers enter the SFL, and be admitted in to Division 3:-

Annan Athletic, Arbroath, Ayr United, Berwick Rangers, Clyde, Cowdenbeath, Dunfermline Athletic, East Fife, Elgin City, Falkirk, Greenock Morton, Livingston, Partick Thistle, Peterhead, Raith Rovers, Stranraer, Stirling Albion.

Only two club's have actually stated that they would wish to see Rangers shoe-horned straight in to Division 1 - Dumbarton and Stenhousemuir* (*conditionally) - with another abstaining, and one team who cannot vote.

This only leaves nine SFL club's, who have not stated their intentions, or indicated in anyway, how they will vote. We don't need them to! The outcome of a fair vote, has already been presented to us - via the seventeen club's in bold above.

Even if everyone of the remaining nine clubs decide to vote in favour of Rangers being shoe-horned straight in to Division 1, the majority would see the result of the vote being in favour of Rangers being admitted to Division 3.

So that is that then, surely? No? The whole point of this vote, is to decide on what league Rangers will play in next season?

The vote itself, is a legal formality, under current SFL legislation. As was the case with the SPL, the SFL member clubs have the power to determine the outcome? Don't they?

Of course they don't.

Stewart Regan and Neil Doncaster's stance has been very clear for all to see, for the past few weeks now - Rangers will be entering Division 1, regardless of Friday's vote.

All there is to determine, is what sanctions the SFA will try and force on to Rangers? Rangers don't have a choice in what league they are admitted to, but they can choose what sanctions they are prepared to accept.

There have been numerous options discussed, such as points deductions, the reinstatement of the illegal transfer embargo and even as ridiculous as shared gate receipts!

In the most recent supporters meeting, Charles Green and Ally McCoist made it absolutely clear that any points deductions would not be accepted. Charles Green also aggressively stated that they would never even consider shared gate receipts.

So that only leaves the possible reinstatement of the illegal transfer embargo? Which surely could not come in to effect until the end of the current transfer window? Due to the fact that Rangers don't even have a full starting XI of senior players!

Let me make one thing clear. Shoe-horning Rangers in to SFL Division 1, is no helping hand to Rangers - as suggested by Hibernian last week. Forcing Rangers in to the second tier of Scottish football, is only to save most of the senior clubs themselves.

These are the club's in the SPL, many of whom released sporting integrity hypocrisy statements. Their message was simple. Rangers have cheated and should be punished via demotion from the SPL, in the name of sporting integrity hypocrisy.

Yet, these are now the club's who need to be saved by Rangers! These same clubs, have set out business plans based on TV money, brought in by Rangers! And ticket sales, brought in by Rangers!

If I could make a request to the SFA and the SFL, please do not drag this process out any further. Whatever way you plan on justifying ignoring the probable outcome SFL club's vote, do it quickly!

We need a full blown statement from the RST today asking where's the intregrity if we do go to sfl3

Also if the sfa then put us into div 1 surely they cannot impose sanctions on us, these Diddies make the rules up as they go along and Scottish football is a total embarrassment, regan needs to go and he can take Doncaster with him.

Let me get this straight regardless how the vote goes today the SFA can over rule this and demote or enter Rangers to division 1?

I hope this does not happen I really dont see why we should be the safety net to keep scottish clubs financially secure, let them suffer I say and let them see how much all this TV and sponser money meant!

Not to metion the 5k fans we packered there sheds out with!

Let me get this straight regardless how the vote goes today the SFA can over rule this and demote or enter Rangers to division 1?

I hope this does not happen I really dont see why we should be the safety net to keep scottish clubs financially secure, let them suffer I say and let them see how much all this TV and sponser money meant!

We are the safety net cause clubs are so 2 faced it's not real.

In public they have a hang them high attitude to appease the hords, in private they know they need the money we bring in to survive.

Spl2 will be forced on everyone now and it will be made to look like it's been done purely to help Rangers by everyone in Scottish football and the media. This will be the stick used to beat Rangers over the head with for years to come while in reality it's been the enemies of Rangers that have driven this whole agenda.

I have no idea what the best solution is except that whatever happens we have been right royally shafted all round. I have this recurring image of the Queen shaking hands with McGuiness, the man who ordered her cousin's murder. I can't help thinking we will end up like that, shaking hands with those people who tried to damage us, for the good of Scottish football. The reason I am unsure about which division we should play in is that I wonder just how long it would take us to get back on track with massive overheads (although a decent business plant should actually see Ibrox and Auchenhowie pay for themselves, and our ability to attract players. Though we have an advantage over other clubs because we are Rangers. Still how good will we be by the time we get back to the Premier league when other clubs have been getting European money etc. Division 1 might be even worse. We have already lost many of our better players because they have no loyalty and if we have any sanctions at all we may not be able to escape the first division at the first time and will be weaker than other SPL clubs. Plus they still get to keep all that money after voting us out of the SPL after the rise of the idiocracy. However, if we did have only one season out of the SPL it would be satisfying to stick it to Whittaker et al while they are warming the benches at their too much money, no ambition clubs.

I am sick to death of the hypocrisy of other clubs, (Leeds United didn't get this crap) and feel they need to experience the true weight of their decisions. Division one is punishment enough for being taken over illegally by a criminal scheister. If debt is criminal, look at England, look at Spain where top clubs owe the tax man £300,000. Sanctions would be down right bullying.

Pretty much.

Regardless of how the actual clubs vote, the board can overturn it. It's an absolute sham.

Pretty much.

Regardless of how the actual clubs vote, the board can overturn it. It's an absolute sham.

So what the hell is the point in this to make the other clubs feel important that they have a say?

Your right what a sham.

yeah if they vote to put us in DIV3 then the SFA will overturn that vote probably not today but next week.

they will then produce the new all singing all dancing SPL2 which they will have us playing in so that SKY dont walk away from scottish football.

the SPL clubs will enbrace this and then offer lower DIV clubs to join,if they dont they will then be cut out of the SKY deal.

NOW THATS WHAT YOU CALL SPORTING INTEGRATY :angry:

There is no mechanism beyond league reconstruction that the SFA can use to shoehorn us into Division 1, and league reconstruction cannot happen before the start of the 2012/13 season. This theory that the SFA will over-rule the SFL clubs is simply a conspiracy theory. And not a particularly convincing one at that :ph34r:

Even if it is possible, I think there would be such an outcry from overruling the vote that I can't see it happening. From a fan perspective, pretty much everyone is in agreement - our fans seem to want us in the Third Division (I don't, but I'm in the minority) and the other clubs' fans want us in the Third Division. I know the likes of Regan and Doncaster are seen as a law unto themselves, but there's a limit to how much you can ignore public opinion.

Even if it is possible, I think there would be such an outcry from overruling the vote that I can't see it happening. From a fan perspective, pretty much everyone is in agreement - our fans seem to want us in the Third Division (I don't, but I'm in the minority) and the other clubs' fans want us in the Third Division. I know the likes of Regan and Doncaster are seen as a law unto themselves, but there's a limit to how much you can ignore public opinion.

The SFA could just easilly not Grant us a Licence to Play in Scottish Football, that would solve their Dilemma, and give them the Year to sort a New structure out . I wait with abated Breath for the next scenario in this Clusterfuck called the SPL.

We need a full blown statement from the RST today asking where's the intregrity if we do go to sfl3

Also if the sfa then put us into div 1 surely they cannot impose sanctions on us, these Diddies make the rules up as they go along and Scottish football is a total embarrassment, regan needs to go and he can take Doncaster with him.

Can we please stop quoting this word..

as an english man with no affiliation to rangers or any scottish club,but supporting a team in birmingham that wears blue.i think if you go into div 3,pack your home ground,but for away matches dont go to them but donate the ticket money to rangers,that would be a double whammy against the anti rangers mob.....and as for the anti english,provo loving,pub bomber worshipping,terrorist supporting organisation that is celtic........"one green bottle,standing on a wall"......you know how it ends...........no green bottles........

The SFA could just easilly not Grant us a Licence to Play in Scottish Football, that would solve their Dilemma, and give them the Year to sort a New structure out . I wait with abated Breath for the next scenario in this Clusterfuck called the SPL.

The one thing the SFA have proven beyond any doubt in this situation is that they want us in the SPL/First Division and are worried about the financial consequences if we're not there. I can't see them suspending our licence for that reason - it was mentioned as a vague threat, but to actually follow through with it would go against everything they've been pushing for so far.

Either way we look at it, it's basically the SFL clubs that are holding the cards now. There can't be an SPL 2 if the SFL clubs don't go along with it and it would be an even bigger farce if they just handpicked a bunch of random teams from the lower leagues (some from the Second/Third Division) if need be until they got the necessary 10 teams. I wouldn't actually put it past the First Division clubs doing an about turn, ignoring everything they said yesterday, and joining an SPL 2, but that's really the only way out of this mess for the SFA. If they bribe them with enough influence and money they might say yes, but it's a long shot.

Either way we look at it, it's basically the SFL clubs that are holding the cards now. There can't be an SPL 2 if the SFL clubs don't go along with it and it would be an even bigger farce if they just handpicked a bunch of random teams from the lower leagues (some from the Second/Third Division) if need be until they got the necessary 10 teams. I wouldn't actually put it past the First Division clubs doing an about turn, ignoring everything they said yesterday, and joining an SPL 2, but that's really the only way out of this mess for the SFA. If they bribe them with enough influence and money they might say yes, but it's a long shot.

More or less what I posted in another thread. The whole situation fucking stinks.

When is a final decision not a final decision?

When the final decision does not come to the final decision that was hoped for.

The dice will continue to be thrown until a double 6 comes up. Spineless bastards.