Charles Green take a bow

I think the board will make the vote so the clubs don't get any stick from their own fans, after that I think reagan will go due to his mismanagement of the whole situation and all the fans will want a scapegoat which will be served by all the chairmen

If we get voted back in to the SPL now, after the fans and their idiotically suicidal but very clear opinions of not allowing us back into the league, each team will be lucky to fill half their stadiums. Its a no win thing but the fans will be understandably furious if we got voted in. As I say, just cannot see it

yes this is another thread about green, and he is getting credit as well.

Green has played the SPL a blinder.knowing full well that being there with sanctions was still a pointless episode, could it be said that himself, and possibly Malcolm Murray, purposely acted in their arrogant manner knowing full well the SPL would vote us out and the SFL teams would tell the SPL where to stick any ideas of SPL2 or rangers into division 1

we have went from holding a straight to a royal flush. Green cannot lose now, either we are back in the SPL with no sanctions and no transfer embargo, or we stay in division 3 (and green knows we'll support the club in both scenarios)

The SFA (Regan & Lieswell) could still refuse us a licence to play football in Scotland.

That implies that anything the SFA doing is common sense - it isn't.

Don't count on anything

doesnt matter though, Regan said what he said, if he was to deny Rangers a licence now he would either be called a liar for his previous posts, or accused of killing the game quicker than ever

Either way denying us a licence is now not a viable option unless Regan wants sacked, and even then the SFA board may well reverse his decision (if it is indeed him that makes the decision for whatever reason)

fuck knows how the rest of the SPL let this happen, but Rangers have went from having an king high after the turn card to getting a royal flush from the river card, they should never have let Green deal the deck :wink:

doesnt matter though, Regan said what he said, if he was to deny Rangers a licence now he would either be called a liar for his previous posts, or accused of killing the game quicker than ever

Either way denying us a licence is now not a viable option unless Regan wants sacked, and even then the SFA board may well reverse his decision (if it is indeed him that makes the decision for whatever reason)

fuck knows how the rest of the SPL let this happen, but Rangers have went from having an king high after the turn card to getting a royal flush from the river card, they should never have let Green deal the deck :wink:

What because at the moment we are saying he's an honest guy? He's being hounded from every angle, by nigh on every club. It has been stated by multiple clubs that he has lied and attempted to bully them into decisions.

I agree that he'll more than likely give Rangers a licence, just don't think it is in any way a given.

He'll be walking soon enough anyway, might think, 'why the hell not?'

Have to say, as much as people are overly negative about Green, I think your view that he's somehow a kind of demi-God who has planned every inch of this is misguided too.

He's doing fine

SPL sanction free, you think that you need fucking sectioned quick smart. Shack up with the other loonies that think Sky will pull out of Scottish Football ffs. <cr>

The harsh reality is we have to start again from the bottom, we will have to fight like fuck to get back to being were we belong as Scotlands top dogs. I don't want to see the club get any favours from anyone, fuck em all, we will do it through our own blood sweat and tears.

Cannot wait until the season starts. :21:

The one problem I have with a quick route back into the SPL; even though it would be purely to benefit those that need us for money's sake, they'd no doubt make out that they had in fact helped us back up - they would never let us forget that they "saved" us.

yes this is another thread about green, and he is getting credit as well.

Green has played the SPL a blinder.knowing full well that being there with sanctions was still a pointless episode, could it be said that himself, and possibly Malcolm Murray, purposely acted in their arrogant manner knowing full well the SPL would vote us out and the SFL teams would tell the SPL where to stick any ideas of SPL2 or rangers into division 1

we have went from holding a straight to a royal flush. Green cannot lose now, either we are back in the SPL with no sanctions and no transfer embargo, or we stay in division 3 (and green knows we'll support the club in both scenarios)

I have no opinion one way or the other on Green, although I think he has been unfairly excoriated by some (although he has largely received good, albeit guarded, support on this forum), but I wouldn't rush to give him any credit over this. He's done nothing other than let others tie themselves hopelessly in knots (he's doing much the same when it comes to the various people vying to muscle in on his Rangers action). It isn't genius on his part, just gross incompetence and stupidity on the part of others. It's a bit like the Jacobites, really ... all Cumberland had to do was wait long enough for the Bonnie Prince to fuck it up all on his own.