Jim Forrest and Celtics late 60's dominance - question for the older bears

GOAT

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That game you mention at the glitterdome ......was that played at the New Year..............can remember we played them and went 1-0 and the pitch was rock hard and we started slipping all over the place...............they had been wearing suction boots as they called them, trainers with holes in the sole..........think Adidas made them!!

Yea I,m sure it was at the New Year and Willie Henderson scored just before half time and the Rangers end going mad. It was great until the second half started right enough. And I think you are right about the boots that the munchers were using. That was a bad day :anguish:.

Yea I,m sure it was at the New Year and Willie Henderson scored just before half time and the Rangers end going mad. It was great until the second half started right enough. And I think you are right about the boots that the munchers were using. That was a bad day :anguish:.

Indeed it was 003.gif But hey ho..................the good ones made up for it biggrin.gif

As a kid I remember that DW was always talked about as having no real clout with the players.

You would stand up to Whyte but never Jock Stein. The players took the piss with him I think.

Big Roger Hynd (muscle man) was Bill Shankly's cousin iirc. Gornik were a fab team. Lubanski was World Class. We were usually left with the Cup Winners or Fairs Cup to compete in during those years. It was tough as hell travelling to some of those places in those days..........no fuckin Easy Jet either.

We may have stopped the 9 in a row but TBF those teams of Steins were special. To do what they did to Leeds in 1970 was unbelievable. The horrible Blue Nose in me enjoyed it more though when they got humped in the final........strange isn't it?