***Athletics Thread***

• 1 month later...

one test in four months in the run up to the Olympics. Disgraceful. Systematic cheating with the govt' s full backing.

It's absolutely ridiculous. Seriously, anybody who thinks any of the top Jamaican stars are clean needs their head tested. And yes, I mean him too.

It's absolutely ridiculous. Seriously, anybody who thinks any of the top Jamaican stars are clean needs their head tested. And yes, I mean him too.

indeed - Bolt seems to be shite for a while, put on some weight, then come out and say "I need to get back into training again" and within two weeks he is unbeatable. One test for the entire Jamaican team in 4 months is a license to cheat the system.

indeed - Bolt seems to be shite for a while, put on some weight, then come out and say "I need to get back into training again" and within two weeks he is unbeatable. One test for the entire Jamaican team in 4 months is a license to cheat the system.

Quite. The authorities are saying "get your advantage during the training block, then get clean in time to beat the competition tests." And if Powell is prepared to do it, there's no reason to believe anybody else wouldn't.

I mean, Bolt's numbers have always been practically impossible, but now we're being asked to believe that he's not only a miracle but he's a miracle that has emerged clean from a dirty training environment. It took 14 years for a doper to beat Ben Johnson's 9.79, remember.

9.58 :lol:

Quite. The authorities are saying "get your advantage during the training block, then get clean in time to beat the competition tests." And if Powell is prepared to do it, there's no reason to believe anybody else wouldn't.

I mean, Bolt's numbers have always been practically impossible, but now we're being asked to believe that he's not only a miracle but he's a miracle that has emerged clean from a dirty training environment. It took 14 years for a doper to beat Ben Johnson's 9.79, remember.

9.58 :lol:

indeed.I said as much in the tennis thread re Nadal and got pelters right enough.

I'm not sure about Bolt. He certainly doesn't get fat or shite at any point though. More a case of him not training as hard as he used to and then getting his attitude sorted leading up to major championships.

The guy has been doing incredible things since he was 14 after all. It's not like he came out of nowhere.

I'm not sure about Bolt. He certainly doesn't get fat or shite at any point though. More a case of him not training as hard as he used to and then getting his attitude sorted leading up to major championships.

The guy has been doing incredible things since he was 14 after all. It's not like he came out of nowhere.

Marion Jones was a child prodigy too. And was first accused of doping when she was still in high school. As disturbing as it is, it happens.

If Bolt is clean, he's probably the most advanced physical specimen in the history of the species, by far. I mean, his margins of superiority are so huge (over world class athletes on drugs) that it's just staggering.

Marion Jones was a child prodigy too. And was first accused of doping when she was still in high school. As disturbing as it is, it happens.

If Bolt is clean, he's probably the most advanced physical specimen in the history of the species, by far. I mean, his margins of superiority are so huge (over world class athletes on drugs) that it's just staggering.

Aye, good point regarding Jones.

I think I'd have more suspicions over Bolt if he was getting these times as a 5ft 10 guy, as opposed to someone with with a 2.7m stride length.

I guess if there was ever going to be a guy getting these sorta times, he would have to be huge in size like Bolt. I reckon he's just an incredible athlete. That's what I'm clinging onto anyway.

Aye, good point regarding Jones.

I think I'd have more suspicions over Bolt if he was getting these times as a 5ft 10 guy, as opposed to someone with with a 2.7m stride length.

I guess if there was ever going to be a guy getting these sorta times, he would have to be huge in size like Bolt. I reckon he's just an incredible athlete. That's what I'm clinging onto anyway.

I'd buy that argument for the 200m, just. The times he gets in the 100m even when he gets a middling start are just incredible. I would love to believe, I really would, I like him as a character, but I also feel like if he had ran his Berlin time in Beijing, and if he wasn't charismatic, nobody would have EVER believed him.

I'd buy that argument for the 200m, just. The times he gets in the 100m even when he gets a middling start are just incredible. I would love to believe, I really would, I like him as a character, but I also feel like if he had ran his Berlin time in Beijing, and if he wasn't charismatic, nobody would have EVER believed him.

I'd say there's a far greater chance of Blake doping. I've mentioned it before but his 19.26 200m (actually the quickest ever 200m run from blocks to line ) is one of the strangest things you'll ever see in terms of endurance.

Also his 9.69 into a headwind was insane.

And he has actually been banned for using a non-banned substance (lol)

I'd say there's a far greater chance of Blake doping. I've mentioned it before but his 19.26 200m (actually the quickest ever 200m run from blocks to line ) is one of the strangest things you'll ever see in terms of endurance.

Also his 9.69 into a headwind was insane.

And he has actually been banned for using a non-banned substance (lol)

Oh yeah, I have absolutely no doubt about Blake. Which is a shame, he seems like a great bloke.

Oh yeah, I have absolutely no doubt about Blake. Which is a shame, he seems like a great bloke.

If he can stay injury free I back him to break the 200m world record and possible the 100m.

Would love if he did. I find a smaller guy achieving these feats (clean or not) far more impressive than Bolt.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...