Our Squad

With only a few more days left before our transfer embargo i'm really worried about the size of our squad to progress through the next 18 months. Some of the players we have; we haven't really seen them play and how good they are which is worrying considering how little game time our younger players have had in the recent past.

*-Players I think may not be good enough/may not be played for one reason or another.

Currently we only have Neil Alexander and Scott Gallacher* as 'keepers.

At left back we only really have got Wallace and at right back (after Broadfoot leaving) we have Anestis Argyriou and Darren Cole*.

At centre back we have got Goian (away on loan), Bocanegra, Cribari, Perry, Hegarty and Faure.

Midfielders: Black, McLeod, Hutton, Robbie Crawford, Andy Mitchell*, Kal Naismith and Kamil Wiktorski*.

And attacking players we have: Shiels, Sandaza, Little, Kyle, McKay, BIG JIG, and Hemmings*.

25 players I count including one away on loan, obviously there is the U19 and U17 teams but will they be fancied/good enough?

Plus with rumours going about indicating Bocanegra and Hutton could yet go i'm really worrying what our squad will be like when we get injuries and suspensions.

I only wish Every Little Thing's Gonna Be Alright.

WATP

I know where you're coming from mate... but we should really walk this. I know, I know... it's hard.. but ...

We are slow starters.. it will come together...

Stay strong everyone... Every little ting is gonna be all right. 00000042.gif

:superally: <--- will lead Rangers back into the SPL with whatever squad he is given and if he is backed by the fans. I have no doubt about that.

I understand the concern but I believe this squad is definitely good enough to compete in division 3, division 2 and maybe even division 1. :21:

It isn't that bad it doesn't matter if Broadfoot and Bocanegra leave we already have

Ross Perry, Emilson Cribari, Sebastian Faure, Darren Cole, Chris Hegarty, Luca Gasparotto that is 6 options we shouldn't be scared to give the likes of Cole, Hegarty and Gasparotto a chance if injuries hit there is no need for any more CB's.

Anestis Argyriou & Lee Wallace as our first choice fullbacks Cole, Hegarty, Faure, Perry & Little can all play there if need be we could maybe use another fullback one who can cover both sides of the pitch.

Ian Black, Lewis MacLeod, Andrew Mitchell, Kamil Wiktorski as our main CM's but Dean Shiels can also play there plus Andy Murdoch coming through from the youths the only problem is that they are all defensively minded we could use a Steven Davis like CM who will burst forward and help create.

Dean Shiels, Barrie McKay & Robbie Crawford are our only options in Attacking Midfield positions we are in desperate need of either 2 wingers or 1 winger and another attacking midfielder

Lee McCulloch, Andrew Little, Francisco Sandaza, Kevin Kyle, Kane Hemmings & Kal Naismith that is more than enough options upfront we just need to create more chances for them.

So if Broadfoot, Hutton & Bocanegra are away we will need

-1 Full Back

-1 CM

-2 Wingers/Attacking Midfielders

:superally: <--- will lead Rangers back into the SPL with whatever squad he is given and if he is backed by the fans. I have no doubt about that.

I understand the concern but I believe this squad is definitely good enough to compete in division 3, division 2 and maybe even division 1. :21:

The majority of squads, with the right coaching and tactics, should be able to win games against any opponent. We are in need of a boost in midfield and the wings and that would certainly ease the issues... But, we could swap our squad with Man City's and get nowhere if we are teaching them the wrong things (tu)

I want Ally to succeed. He's more than a legend - he's gained a cult status nobody else could just for those summer months - even if you discount his goals for the club he'd still be worshiped... I urge him to look at the entire set up and re-work it. Possession, ball work and movement should be the number one priority.

It isn't that bad it doesn't matter if Broadfoot and Bocanegra leave we already have

Ross Perry, Emilson Cribari, Sebastian Faure, Darren Cole, Chris Hegarty, Luca Gasparotto that is 6 options we shouldn't be scared to give the likes of Cole, Hegarty and Gasparotto a chance if injuries hit there is no need for any more CB's.

Anestis Argyriou & Lee Wallace as our first choice fullbacks Cole, Hegarty, Faure, Perry & Little can all play there if need be we could maybe use another fullback one who can cover both sides of the pitch.

Ian Black, Lewis MacLeod, Andrew Mitchell, Kamil Wiktorski as our main CM's but Dean Shiels can also play there plus Andy Murdoch coming through from the youths the only problem is that they are all defensively minded we could use a Steven Davis like CM who will burst forward and help create.

Dean Shiels, Barrie McKay & Robbie Crawford are our only options in Attacking Midfield positions we are in desperate need of either 2 wingers or 1 winger and another attacking midfielder

Lee McCulloch, Andrew Little, Francisco Sandaza, Kevin Kyle, Kane Hemmings & Kal Naismith that is more than enough options upfront we just need to create more chances for them.

So if Broadfoot, Hutton & Bocanegra are away we will need

-1 Full Back

-1 CM

-2 Wingers/Attacking Midfielders

Can't really argue with much of that but I'd really not like to see the likes of Perry, Luca, Faure and Little played as full-backs or Jig at CM, I'm mainly concerned with LB/RB because we only have one or two players able to play there competently , then again we could play 3 at the back (which i'd like to be honest) which may help our potential squad issues... still worrying considering this STUPID embargo only a few days away.

Probably about right. Frankly though, we should be able to add Ross Tokely, The Butcher from down my street and an inamimate object to our squad and still be more than capable of strolling the league. No excuses whatsoever, even if we don't add to the squad, we have no excuses not to win this league (tu)

Our squad is more than sufficient for us to progress out of this division (tu)

I agree!...but we need a bigger squad!...and it needs to be able to progress through the 2nd division too due to the ILLEGAL transfer embargo that the "authorities" insisted we accept.

Probably about right. Frankly though, we should be able to add Ross Tokely, The Butcher from down my street and an inamimate object to our squad and still be more than capable of strolling the league. No excuses whatsoever, even if we don't add to the squad, we have no excuses not to win this league (tu)

Couldn't agree with you more ---- i had a quick look at the squads of teams in the spl3 and spl2 and they seem to have between 20-25 players ---of which i am guessing probably upwards of 70% of them would not be anywhere near the standard of any of the players on our books