Our invisible winger

Shootinfishin

The entire midfield was amiss with the amount of times they were bypasssed with a hump.

The only positives were Mcleod, Mckay and the Greek. At times they were the only three that looked for the ball, tried to get forward and make things happen. Even then it was mediocre.

I thought Black was fairly industrious too

The entire midfield was amiss with the amount of times they were bypasssed with a hump.

The only positives were Mcleod, Mckay and the Greek. At times they were the only three that looked for the ball, tried to get forward and make things happen. Even then it was mediocre.

Alexander, the Greek and McKay were the only players to get pass marks for me...very poor night all round. In fairness to both sheils and McLeod they were played out of position...if he was wanting to keep that system ally should have started aird or Stella instead of trying to fit players into unnatural positions/tactics

Thought Black was one of our better players last night.I think our problem is pace,maybe that's down to basically having a 'new' team wherein players are unsure of the others game play.As a 'full time' team, we should be murdering any opposition over 90mins.I think Big Jig played in midfield is a mistake and we should NEVER have 1 up front at home.Last night hurt but it may be a blessing in disguise and allow us to concentrate on what's really important,the league.Having said all this,time to get the finger out Rangers. :cgreen:

I thought Black was fairly industrious too

You're probably right (tu) Maybe I was slightly harsh on him - He got pass marks for working harder than anyone else.

But I'm fed up of ''industrial'' or ''hard working'' midfielders.

Give me a midfield with movement, short sharp passing, pace and ability before anything else, if they happen to be 6ft plus with a bit of dig and hard work - Great (tu)

Alexander, the Greek and McKay were the only players to get pass marks for me...very poor night all round. In fairness to both sheils and McLeod they were played out of position...if he was wanting to keep that system ally should have started aird or Stella instead of trying to fit players into unnatural positions/tactics

(tu)

Another issue that we have. We try to shoehorn players into a unnatural position. That was the perfect game for Stella or Aird to come in for Templeton, yet we thought we'd make young Mcleod, who played okay despite this, the tricky winger. He's a young lad - why put extra pressure on him with that set up?

Although I think Alexander was rank. GIVE IT TO THE FULL BACKS!!!!

I was shocked by the total lack of movement and inability to exploit space. Pass & move. That should be the first thing any footballer is taught.

Yep, we were laboured and seemed to be unable or unwilling to break into those spaces.

I think as was said, we really missed a creative player last night and at times looked like what are accused of being. A load of journeymen nobody else wanted and the kids not good enoug to attract the English scouts...

Jig, black and one or two others aside.

Alexander had a good game overall but does no-one else think he started very shakey apart from a good save tipped over the bar

Yep, we were laboured and seemed to be unable or unwilling to break into those spaces.

I think as was said, we really missed a creative player last night and at times looked like what are accused of being. A load of journeymen nobody else wanted and the kids not good enoug to attract the English scouts...

Jig, black and one or two others aside.

Alexander had a good game overall but does no-one else think he started very shakey apart from a good save tipped over the bar

Sadly, Alexander was probably our man of the match.

McLeod looks like he has a nice touch, but having now seen a lot more of him, I fail to see much of the real fuss about him. Might very well turn out to be a good player, but I am far more encouraged by wee McKay.

As for the bit in bold, I really, really hoped the one thing this mess may do would be putting an end to quite so much of this. Early signs were encouraging, very infact, however, it has started to regress and putting Jig in midfield is an utter disaster.

I must be about the only one that thought Black played well.

Nah, I agree with you bud he put a shift in and his crosses/corners were ok

I noticed a wee grin on his chops too when we were singing no surrender Ian black as he was gathering the ball to take a corner up the gf end

The amount of times the ball was played up the pitch to no-one - as in, no-one even there to challenge for it - was criminal. They were simply pass backs that allowed QOS to build up their play again. One of the many, many issues with last night.

star20trek.gif

'We dont do walking away'

Do you keep that gif for a special wee occasion like this?

What has our Manager won or looked like winning?

How many cup competitions have we dropped out of under his stewardship?

Put your head in your hands is your contribution to Rangers greater good?

Right oh.

:rolleyes:

Nah, I agree with you bud he put a shift in and his crosses/corners were ok

I noticed a wee grin on his chops too when we were singing no surrender Ian black as he was gathering the ball to take a corner up the gf end

Aye. I think he's starting to love it here, and I love having him. :D

No Surrender, Ian Black. :praise: