Cup rounds invalid ?

54andcounting

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just gets better!

Nimmo Smith has explained why, contrary to the claims of Rangers chief executive Charles Green, he believes “oldco” Rangers and the current Rangers FC represent one entity and thus still fall within the SPL’s jurisdiction. Green and Rangers believe that, as their “newco” is not and never has been a member of the SPL, the appointed commission has no jurisdiction over it. But Nimmo Smith has countered that view.

“It is the club, not the owner, who plays in the league,” he said. “The rules clearly contemplate sanctions upon a club, in distinction to upon the owner or operator. That power must continue to apply, even if the owner at the time of [any] breach of rules has ceased to be a member of the SPL and its undertaking has passed to another owner or operator.”

As for any lapse in time since any alleged breaches by Rangers occurred, Nimmo Smith added: “To take a hypothetical example of a club which has been engaged in match-fixing but is then relegated and consequently ceases to be a member of the SPL – there is every reason why it should still be liable to disciplinary action, whether or not the breach comes to light before or after the club has relinquished its SPL membership.”

But Nimmo Smith went on to add: “We stress that the commission has not yet come to the stage of deciding whether there have been any breaches of rules at all by either ‘oldco’ or Rangers FC.”

In the Scotsman today! :7325:

:clap: :clap: :clap::praise: :praise: :praise:

Oh my god, well found. Deserved rep, hope this breaks out, absolute absurbity from the SFA as per usual. They just can't help contradicting themselves, get the email sent to Brechin City FC, Falkirk FC and East Fife FC! ;)

Sent to US, Falkirk FC, East Fife FC and the press! worth a try!!!! :7325:

Email to a bear pointing this out

Thank you for your email the contents of which have been noted.

The Club to whom you refer no longer exists i.e. Rangers FC and therefore the rule highlighted by you cannot be applied.

The newco club, The Rangers FC, as you know operate under the auspices of the Scottish Football League Division 3 and, as a consequence of their position in that league, enters the competition in Round Two.

Thank you for taking the trouble to write

This is an actual reply from the SFA?

They will say Rangers FC does not need to exist in order to be retrospectively stripped of titles, like taking medals from a dead guy, they will then leave it at that so as not to have to explain whether or not they believe Rangers exists or not.

The oldco is the dying man not the club. Oldco, newco the club remains alive regardless.

Can someone put this simply for us thickos?

Are they trying to have their cake and eat it are they trying to put the sins of the father on the son or are they just being fuckin stupid?

Nimmo defines the difference between the club and company and it seems because we are the same club from last season we shouldn't have played in the earlier rounds of the cup this season.

No need to rep, I am only here for the Rangers!

Wee anne_marie.bannon@scottishfa.co.uk has fuck off on leave, dear Andrew will be getting a call!!! :7325:

Thank you for your email. I am now out of the annual leave and will have no access to my emails. If your enquiry is urgent :lol: please contact my colleague Andrew Niven on 0141 616 6017.

Then his email will most likely be andrew.niven@scottishfa.co.uk going by the format of other SFA employees

No need to rep, I am only here for the Rangers!

Wee anne_marie.bannon@scottishfa.co.uk has fuck off on leave, dear Andrew will be getting a call!!! :7325:

Thank you for your email. I am now out of the annual leave and will have no access to my emails. If your enquiry is urgent :lol: please contact my colleague Andrew Niven on 0141 616 6017.

no need to rep... but defo have another rep... top class my man...:praise: one on anual leave and the next sfa member on the sick hopfully haha

:brokensfa: