Timescale

plymouthranger

First of all I want to state I back Super Ally 110%. The greatest ever Ranger deserves the chance to become a great Rangers manager. If anyone on this planet understands the needs of this club, and the responsibility that comes with being associated with us, its Super.

Secondly I think the people losing faith in him already are wrong. New players, new league and basically still a rookie manager, it was never going to be plain sailing every game. Look at some of the clubs who were demoted and how they struggled to begin with e.g. Monaco, Juventus. The latter got there in the end, but they had a few shaky performances with a star-studded team that included the likes of Buffon, Del Piero etc.

In terms of timescale, I'm willing to give Ally the whole season. We will win the league, quote me on this in a few months time if we're still struggling. But we will, and fairly comfortably in the end. What we require is not just a third division title though, we want an attractive brand of football. We want a style that will help us through the leagues in style. That will attract young Rangers to Ibrox for years to come, because they fell in love with our play. This isn't currently happening, but let's not panic, Swansea weren't built in a day.

However, I am not so blind to see that if we're still hammering the ball forward to Kevin Kyle and scraping by games, in January/February, that fans won't turn against the management. This is why Super needs to build on performances like yesterday (second half), as it will buy him more time.

Hopefully Ally is well aware of this, but as fans let's realise that he probably wants the Rangers playing incredible football as much as the next fan. But the need to win games can sometimes counteract this, give him time and i'm sure it will be delivered. But let's try not and turn on him too early. His title is Super after all.

Who knows RE timescales but one thing is for sure and that is Ally will be given longer than any other to get his vision across and the majority seem happy with that.

There are plenty of examples where patience has paid off none other than that auld cunt SAF who was on the verge of the sack early on in his United days but went on to become one of if not the best manager in football history.

Playing a brand of football where the support are happy to come along to Ibrox and beyond is a must and if we can get that 2nd half performance on a regular basis and away from home then we will be on the right track.

(tu)

Good post mate, but I'm happy to win ugly. We'd all like to see us playing great football, like we used to, but we're in a tough league where that won't always be possible.

Its not like we're playing like Wimbledon used to, we have some quality players, world class by division 3 standards, and their quality will come through as the team gets settled and used to division 3 football.

I agree Ally needs time, every game in this D3 is a cup final for other teams, we are new team trying to gel so im sure his brand off footy will start to show afterall be have not been beaten in this division yet. Got the oportunity to see fresh young talent coming through. Had we still been in SPhell we would not see alot of these young lads.

I agree with the OP, Ally should and will be given more time and there's already been an improvement.

Ally should seperate himself from the politics of the game right now and leave all that to CG so he can concentrate on getting the message through to the more senior, better paid players, who seem not to be interested most of the time.

The cohesion and desire to win the league will come, but I don't think we've seen the last of our problems this year as the season goes forward. Even if Ibrox should be fine for playing in the winter months, I think there may well be a build up of away fixtures over the winter due to weather related call-offs, and if we're still competing in both cups, there may be some hellava games to get played in a short period of time, which might cause problems, depending of how injuries and bans go.

I'm not willing to put a timescale on it. I'm backing Ally without reservation. He will get the job done. If there's any manager who could come in at this point and work with the same squad and get better results immediately, which is never really likely, especially given our current league position, then it's highly unlikely that he'd be able to hold the club together like Ally has.

BTW, come January and February, given the weather and Division 3 pitches, long balls up to Kyle may be a valid option, if used wisely, of course.