Check this out!

Rangers could run effiecently with a debt of £15-20 million.

With the assets we have, fan base etc etc

All big clubs have manageable debt, as they have ambitions are a desire to succeed.

SDM knows this, But as he is trying to sell up he will bring the debt down as low as possible so the club looks a more healthy prospect than it actually is. When sold the new owners will spent and our debt will rise to a "Manageable" level.

In the mean time, The club and fans suffer and we get worse as the years go by. We need a new owner soon, Before we get into a situation that cant be corrected in a short period of time and will need 5 years to get us to a level where we are able to compete.

Why would Chelses be in any debt?

Chelsea have debt like any other top club. The only difference is that when the time comes, Roman Abramovich has promised that he will clear the debt when he leaves the club.

Why would he want to spent his money just now to clear the clubs debts?

Chelsea have debt like any other top club. The only difference is that when the time comes, Roman Abramovich has promised that he will clear the debt when he leaves the club.

I thought clearing the clubs debt was the first step he took when he took over the club?

Actually it's pointless talking of Chelsea when discussing football finances as they are not really in the real world with the Russian spiv acting as their sugar daddy.

Actually it's pointless talking of Chelsea when discussing football finances as they are not really in the real world with the Russian spiv acting as their sugar daddy.

yawn

If I'm reading that right (debt as a percentage of value) then Man Utd are around $1.2 billion in debt. :craphead:

Also good to see some truth printed about septic and their debt.

When you read the figures it makes little sense that Man Utd are above Real Madrid.

Guest orangpendek

has to be said, altho i was a steadfast supporter (in public at least) of mcleish, one of the main reasons we have fallen so far behind is the failure of the team to get 2nd place a coupla years ago. even a mediocre gers teams should hae been able to do that. then it's down to the luck of the draw, before you know it there's another 9m from CL tv money. 10 games without a win, i dunno. at least next year we have the chance to scop some cash, draw dependent of course.

Guest therabbitt
Rangers could run effiecently with a debt of £15-20 million.

With the assets we have, fan base etc etc

All big clubs have manageable debt, as they have ambitions are a desire to succeed.

SDM knows this, But as he is trying to sell up he will bring the debt down as low as possible so the club looks a more healthy prospect than it actually is. When sold the new owners will spent and our debt will rise to a "Manageable" level.

In the mean time, The club and fans suffer and we get worse as the years go by. We need a new owner soon, Before we get into a situation that cant be corrected in a short period of time and will need 5 years to get us to a level where we are able to compete.

Well surely if we are down to these levels of debt and can run efficiently with a debt of 15-20 million then that is where the budget for spending will come from this transfer window? 8-10 million exclusive of signing on fees and new wages....

Rank Team Country Current Value 1 ($mil) Debt/Value 2(%) 1-Yr Value Change(%) Revenue ($mil) Operating

Income

20 Celtic Scotland 185 14 18 106 7

24 Gers Scotland 147 7 32 113 12

We have greater revenue and higher operating income yet we're still worth 38million less.. where is this money going? Is it just paying off debt?

One difference could be playing assets, I am sure after Bosman 1 SDM said Rangers would devalue playing staff to reflect the fact players can leave for nothing, Sellik might not actually do that.

When you read the figures it makes little sense that Man Utd are above Real Madrid.

Man Utd have a higher revenue stream I'm sure. Every time they print revenue figures Man Uted are very high up due to their appeal in the far east. But will be about $1.2 billion in debt as this is how the Glazers financed their takeover (if their revenue streams shrink theyre actually quite perilous when it comes to administration which shows how takeovers could go bad).

Abrahmovich did wipe out their debt or at least covered it but I think he borrowed on the club to finance the building work done or about to be done on the Chelsea Village complex.

147m * 7% = $10.29 >= £5.1m I think that would be about right taking into account most of the debt was written off, wasnt that roughly the figure quoted not so long ago.

Looking at the date of the report, it was 29th March 2007 so it seems pretty current.

Didn't SDM actually say that he will put in place a machanism that will wipe out the debt entirely ?