SFL opted for lower tv money

Johnny Hubbard

I would imagine that without guarantees of accepting the SPL offer, the Rangers membership would have been in doubt, and therefore, there would be no TV money for anyone.

Yeah your probably right, Blackmail isn't a crime when it comes to the SFA.

There seems to be such a lot of money to be made out of negotiating the most favourable media rights these days. I'd like to think that whatever convenient deal was done this year, when it ends Rangers then exercises all of its commercial muscle to create a TV/media rights deal that is absolutely on best terms for the club. If that means some more benefit falls the way of the SFL then that is fine for me (even finer if there is no financial benefit to the SPL or SFA from a new deal). I'd like it to be crystal clear from the Rangers Board that when a replacement media deal is up for negotiation that there is absolutely no chance of any money generated by Rangers through its media contracts ending up in the SPL or in the SFA.

If, and I do mean if and not when because right now I see absolutely no credible or tangible signs of it happening, there is a reconstruction of leagues and Regan and Doncaster have gone away and as part of that a refreshed media deal is done then for me it is the same as above ie that it would need to be demonstrably on the most favourable terms to Rangers.