SFL Constitution Rule 12

bluechip

The SPL's league reconstruction looks like a non starter.

12. NOTICE TO RESIGN MEMBERSHIP

No Member shall resign, retire or otherwise cease to be a member of the

League unless it shall have given not less than two full seasons prior written

notice so to do, unless with the approval of not less than two-thirds (66%)

of the votes cast at a general meeting of the League.

GIRUY :SPLbroken:

The SPL's league reconstruction looks like a non starter.

12. NOTICE TO RESIGN MEMBERSHIP

No Member shall resign, retire or otherwise cease to be a member of the

League unless it shall have given not less than two full seasons prior written

notice so to do, unless with the approval of not less than two-thirds (66%)

of the votes cast at a general meeting of the League.

GIRUY :SPLbroken:

Surely the last few line just mean they could put it to vote and reconstruct of 66% of the teams vote for a reconstruction?

Or am I reading it wrong?

The SPL is finished, It would have been toast if we didn't sign the TV Deal.

Which reminds me, we are still waiting on Doncaster and Pupper Master Liewell coming out and telling us about this Sky TV deal ... Apparently we made more out of the East Stirling Live Game than we will out of the entire Sky deal this year ..

Surely the last few line just mean they could put it to vote and reconstruct of 66% of the teams vote for a reconstruction?

Or am I reading it wrong?

No you are reading it correctly but the point is the current Div 2 and Div 3 teams get shafted by this proposal so why would they vote for it that eans only 33% for even if every Div 1 club supported it.

There are a number of points which require to be addressed.

If the SFL clubs only promote 1 club at present how will the SPL get 12 new members? They would have to get the agreement of the SFL (surely) to increase the number of clubs to be promoted. It can't be done by invitation as the imbecile known as Doncaster has stated it has to be done on merit. At this time only 7 grounds of the current first division clubs have the criteria of 6000 seats. There is no guarantee that all 7 will still be in that division at the end of May 2015 (if the 2 year rule is invoked). Airdrie are a bit of a yo-yo club these days. Of the remaining divisions Clyde , Queens Park and RFC are the other clubs which can meet stadium requirements. It is highly unlikely that QP will achieve the necessary on-field success. Clyde may manage promotion but it is doubtful. The probability is that there will only be 8 clubs with suitable stadia.

What also hasn't been made clear is what is to happen with the SFL clubs who don't make it. This SPL idea leaves only 16 clubs. What do they expect those clubs to do?

This SPL suggestion or something close to it was proposed and rejected before. Why is it only now being resurrected? Oh yes, because RFC isn't in their set up.

This is a typical SPL oriented idea with no thought to the good of ALL Scottish football. Have fans been asked their opinion? No!

The SPL will "shaft" the SFL and if I was David Longmuir I would be holding another meeting of all SFL clubs to amend their rules to protect their clubs. At this point it requires 66% of the vote to leave without 2 years notice. I would increase that percentage at an EGM.

Doncaster says that the SPL drives the income for other clubs down the leagues. Not now it doesn't, RFC drives the income for SFL clubs.

I hope that Charles Green has noted this move and mobilises the SFL and its member clubs. If the SFL doesn't move quickly, I predict that Regan and the SFA will get involved and we know which way that cretin will go.