Fancy a competition?

Gaz92

Ok guys, been thinking of a competition we can have. It's called "Who can do the best Tam Cowan Impression?"

Basically, you start by getting a pair of specs. You then spend years trawling around restaurants pretending to be a critic, but you're really just doing it to fatten yourself up on the free food. You then pick an extremely mediocre, middle of the road club no one really cares about to support. This is a vital step of the process as it really helps to breed bitterness. You then sit down and think about Rangers for your column. A long hard think and let all the anger build up before you start scribbling on a bit of paper. Just letting all your anger out on it by scribbling as hard as you can, before handing it to your boss, who thanks you and puts it in his paper the next day.

Best impression gets a show on the radio with an equally untalented twat.

Seriously,I know this is a day late but I found myself flicking through the DR today, looking at the phone in bit, and it was all the usual morons "Aw it's a new club with a new name so why not a new stadium name as well?". The usual ones you'll find outside the job centre most days. I then turn over the page to find Tam Cowan's column where he is peddling the same line. Now I know I shouldn't really be shocked by anything by now, but I couldn't believe what I was reading.

How can the DR continue to employ a man who writes articles my 7 year old cousin could write? Are there no standards left in the Scottish media? No desire to brand yourself as a respectable paper with interesting, thought provoking articles?

The gutter press really is scraping the barrel. How they continue to get away with it, I simply cannot understand.