Will the Greatest Ever Ranger John Greig be back?

Dunny_01

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ham and Eggs may not be the most affable chap in the world but there is only a small select group of men who have contributed as much to this club over the past 140 years. Of those still around who can stand shoulder to shoulder with Greig one is in the dugout, one is on the board and the other is in the hospital. The word legend is thrown around too easily these days but it fits here.

I have no personal knowledge of John Greig and therefore am in no position to comment on the posts by those who do.

I simply think that in the face of concerted opposition against us that the last thing we need as The Rangers family is in-fighting.

The last 12-18 months would have tested the resolve of the most battle hardened resilient and it is understandable why there have been differences of opinion - some quite vitriol in their expression in forums such as this. It is one reason why I post sparingly as sometimes it is time for the "soft voice" and indeed sometimes for "no voice at all."

It is our 140th anniversary. It is a time to reunite. A time to let bygones be bygones. A time for the Family to regroup,re-embrace and re-energise.

We have one special person in our Family who, whilst thankfully out of immediate danger, continues a long battle to regain full health. Would Sandy approve of all this in-fighting or, would he as I suspect, fully endorse that we welcome all members of The Rangers family back together as we celebrate 140 years of Rangers, then, Rangers now, Rangers forever.

Let us go forward in unity as our outside enemies remain manifold. We do not need enemies within!

Thank you.

John Greig..I would be so very pleased to see you join at least 49other RANGERS LEGENDS..on the pitch at half time... When we break the world record for an attendance at a 1/2/3/4th tier game!!.. Please do it... And have a number#2..on your back..??.. 140.years.WERE STILL GOING STRONG...

Theyre will be about 150 ex players on the park at weekend mate, gony be amazin !! 50 going to the dinner tmorra night !!

The Greatest ever Ranger will be there as usual on Saturday, in the dugout, at the front of the line as he has been for the last year or so dragging the club through it's darkest period - Ally McCoist.

For me over the last 140 years many legends have come through the doors, from the likes of Greig, Jardine and Struth to the likes of Laudrup, Durrant and Smith, but the man who stands heads and shoulders above them all is Super Ally himself, he alone deserves special praise on Saturday for the manner in which he's conducted himself and defended the club and it's traditions over a period when the club has been battered from pillar to post. That's not forgetting his playing days where he became the club's record goalscorer with an incredible 355 goals and was a mainstay during 9IAR. Mr. Rangers.

The OP wasn't implying that he should be brought back to work for the club or am I missing something? Why are so many comments aimed at him returning to work for the club? I took the OP as meaning back for the celebrations... :huh:

and you would be totally right, I know all the stories of Mr Greig in work, but I Was indeed saying, it would be a fantastic gesture if he returned to the ibrox turf to allow people to show he is still welcome big style !!!

Theyre will be about 150 ex players on the park at weekend mate, gony be amazin !! 50 going to the dinner tmorra night !!

And i hope Greig is one of them mate as a player ,i was lucky enough to see him play and even score in My first OF game.

Maybe its because i knew Coop and his Mum that i wasnt his biggest fan in later life.Reasons are unimportant but you are correct my feelings mean sweet fuck all in the grand scheme of things and the great day this weekend would not be the same without John Greig Rangers Legend

Saturday as a former player; former manager he has a rightful spot to fill.

Other than that and his historical role he has no active role to fill as our team moves forward. No more jobs for the boys.

Every ex-player should be invited along on Saturday.

I'd like to see him back at Ibrox in some capacity but I think Andy Cameron was bang out of order at the 140th celebration last night calling Charles Green out on this in front of a packed room.

was a bit much Stef, i totally agree. great sentiment but absolutely notcalled for!! ffs Green must have been dyin to say " What fkn else Andy, can i do for you!!"

I'd like to see him back at Ibrox in some capacity but I think Andy Cameron was bang out of order at the 140th celebration last night calling Charles Green out on this in front of a packed room.

What players were at the dinner last night?

Sandy Cameron was the host last night and at the end of the night he thanked everybody etc and then thanked green for everything he's done but said to him that he should bring back Grieg in some capacity and that would get the fans onside. A fair point maybe but should have been said in private not over the mike in a packed room.