Fresh Attitude for 2013

scarkev

I have noticed at times a tendency on here for posters to be attacked for being critical of players and of Ally. The main justification being that because they stayed throughout our demotion they deserve extra leeway. Now I agree with this to an extent but lets remember that despite being in the 3rd division these guys are doing their dream job, with the best of facilities, massive support and are being paid handsomely for the honor.

If we are to get back to the very top and back where we belong then reality is going to have to set in at some stage. Posting constructive criticism of the team and or individual players performance does not make you less of a fan or a glory hunter....In most cases...It means you care and want to see our team improve and progress. Surely the purpose of these forums is to voice our opinions, some you may not agree.

Now some on here only see positive and that a good thing in some ways but comments like we could challenge for the SPL with our current squad and that Mcleod could walk into a top 6 EPL team now are so wide of the mark its actually counterproductive. Now one poor performance doesnt mean anything in the grand scheme of things but we need to start facing up to the fact we are playing against part-time and amateur teams. We have shown over the past few months when we play with width we can break teams down and play attractive football and then yesterday the set up was all wrong from the start. It was painstakingly obvious we had no outlet down our right hand side and everything was being funneled centrally. Yet it took a sending off for us to change and that inability to adapt or alter is a concern for me moving forward.

The way I see our squad is that we have potentially 3 top class youngsters in Mcleod, Mckay and if played in his right position Crawford. Naismith, Hutton and Aird are a bit hit and miss but with time could come on leaps and bounds. Perry and Hegarty are good honest players but neither is going to make it to a European level. Perry is the perfect example of whats wrong with the youth coaching in this country....they take big, strong lads and try to turn them into players but unfortunately his distribution, mobility and decision making is SFL3 standard at best.

We have players in Sheils, Black and Templeton who have undoubted talent but at times can be frustrating. Is it an attitude/motivation issue? Wallace is top class and Alexander is more than capable as a keeper. Now tin hat on here because I love the guy but Jig is going to cause an issue in the next season or two. He is too slow to play in midfield and although he offers us a good option up top, against better, quicker, defenders he will struggle and we desperately need a striker with pace, even to play off him. Someone like Ojamma at Motherwell, if he is going to be a regular starter as we move up.

As I say its not about getting on players backs or criticizing Ally, its about moving forward and in order to do that the 1st step is to acknowledge the sacrifices and efforts of those who stayed with us but also to gain a sense of perspective as to the ceiling they are going to hit as we move back up. The SPL has no world beaters but just competing shouldnt be enough for us...we need to start thinking further ahead. We cant or at least shouldn't be spending millions on players anymore so we need to start improving our coaching and scouting now to benefit us in the future.

There is a bit of a contradiction amongst some fans that as long as we win, whats the problem, and those who critisize are glory hunters. The fact is I have said it before that I would rather see us lose a few doing the right things and building a foundation for the future on the park as well as off it, than just win for the sake of winning.

For the most part 2012 has been pretty brutal and eye opening being a Rangers fan but its time to look forward now. I think Mr Green will get our club back to where we should be in world football terms so its ups to Ally and his staff to get our team back to where they should be and I have every faith they will.

Best wishes to all for 2013

Only true Rangers fans criticize Rangers players. Really. :)

I understand that. I believe in constructive criticism. If some of you can't see those posters who regulalrly go OTT with their criticism of our players, our management, our board etc then you're the blind ones. I'm perfectly happy to have a reasoned debate over a fellow posters concerns or issues, but there are a lot who just post insults and degrading opinions they pass off as fact. I take issue with those posters and then get pelters from posters like yourself that merely have a concerned opinion. Yes, perhaps I am overly positive most of the time, some would say "all the time", but I have my personal reasons why. I wasn't always so upbeat but I prefer myself like this.

Ah well, that's internet forums for you.

Best wishes to you too. Happy New Year around the world to all Bears. :beer1: to 2013.

some posters love to get negative digs in bit miss the positives completely - check out thread critisising Aird as an example - constructive critisism usually is balanced with ' you are good at this but could improve on that' for many constructive critisism is ' he is shit - not rangers class - will never make it' and that ain't constructive!

some posters love to get negative digs in bit miss the positives completely - check out thread critisising Aird as an example - constructive critisism usually is balanced with ' you are good at this but could improve on that' for many constructive critisism is ' he is shit - not rangers class - will never make it' and that ain't constructive!

I hope you noticed my extremely positive post on that thread :lol:

Brings tears to my eyes when i read it :craphead:

I was hoping for something fresh when I saw the title 'fresh attitude for 2013'. Sadly, No. A fresh attitude might be deciding that it's time to talk mainly about football and look forward rather than keep the siege mentality that many of us have developed. Once the titles issue is resolved, hopefully in a positive manner like the tax case, I want 2013 to be about winning the title & looking forward to building the team around the solid core that's developing. We need to support the team as a whole & criticise poor displays and individuals who don't come good but overall we should be positive & happy that we are motoring in the correct direction.

Can't disagree with anything you have said .big jig should hopefully be a regular next season but by the time we are in the 1st division I expect he will be playing less and hopefully be involved more in the coaching side . Perry ,aird ,naismith,Hutton and hegarty will probably be bit part players if they are still here ,but they are all young and will improve .I hope at least one or two of them make the grade .

Come on govanblue, you should know by now "Winning Div 3 isn't enough." :sherlock:

Just done a quick stat check, and we have a better league record this season than every club in the UK, except QOTS - who as everyone knows are having an exceptional season

The only teams who don't have more league defeats than us (1) are QOTS & Brechin

Proprtionally, we have amassed more points than everyone except QOTS

But yeah, it's only Division 3.

But I don't see anyone else scooshing their league

I was hoping for something fresh when I saw the title 'fresh attitude for 2013'. Sadly, No. A fresh attitude might be deciding that it's time to talk mainly about football and look forward rather than keep the siege mentality that many of us have developed. Once the titles issue is resolved, hopefully in a positive manner like the tax case, I want 2013 to be about winning the title & looking forward to building the team around the solid core that's developing. We need to support the team as a whole & criticise poor displays and individuals who don't come good but overall we should be positive & happy that we are motoring in the correct direction.

Siege mentality?

We are flourishing - on and off the park

That's good enough for me.

It's not head in the sand - it's genuinely more than content with what we have achieved.

Admittedly the run up to the Stirling defeat was not so rosy

But now it's very rosy

My honest opinion

Just done a quick stat check, and we have a better league record this season than every club in the UK, except QOTS - who as everyone knows are having an exceptional season

The only teams who don't have more league defeats than us (1) are QOTS & Brechin

Proprtionally, we have amassed more points than everyone except QOTS

But yeah, it's only Division 3.

But I don't see anyone else scooshing their league

Yes, but we're playing plumbers and postmen! :craphead:

As a postman I'd just like to say to everyone, I'm fucking awesome at football. SO there. :P

I hope you noticed my extremely positive post on that thread :lol:

Brings tears to my eyes when i read it :craphead:

I love your positivity in particular this quote ..

Abuse is inevitable, because a fair percentage of the membership (like all sectors of society) is neither very smart, very literate, or very tolerant

:lol: :lol:

and sorry !!!

I have no problems with lively debates on forums - it's what their for. Knocking about different opinions is ok. I happen to agree with the notion that Jig will struggle to hold down a first team place in the future, but I'll cheer him every time he comes on and off the field.

It is doing the team no good if the negative debate is transferred onto the terraces with fans getting on players backs. That really pisses me off.

I love your positivity in particular this quote ..

Abuse is inevitable, because a fair percentage of the membership (like all sectors of society) is neither very smart, very literate, or very tolerant

:lol: :lol:

and sorry !!!

Rest assured BP9 - I include you in that percentage :thumbup:

Only true Rangers fans criticize Rangers players. Really. :)

I understand that. I believe in constructive criticism. If some of you can't see those posters who regulalrly go OTT with their criticism of our players, our management, our board etc then you're the blind ones. I'm perfectly happy to have a reasoned debate over a fellow posters concerns or issues, but there are a lot who just post insults and degrading opinions they pass off as fact. I take issue with those posters and then get pelters from posters like yourself that merely have a concerned opinion. Yes, perhaps I am overly positive most of the time, some would say "all the time", but I have my personal reasons why. I wasn't always so upbeat but I prefer myself like this.

Ah well, that's internet forums for you.

Best wishes to you too. Happy New Year around the world to all Bears. :beer1: to 2013.

Listen having a positive outlook on everything, especially a football team is a great thing most of the time and its a much better way to be. I am merely concerned that some are getting ambition and ability confused.

Once we find out where we will be next season we will have a better idea of the time frame to get back in the top division but the reality is...at least in my opinion we can do better in alot of areas and need to acknowledge that to progress we have to accept some of our players aren't or won't be good enough.

Winning div 3 is still an achievement for this young team, no question but a bit of perspective is required as well as to what we are competing with. Winning trophies and titles is great but ultimately I'd support rangers regardless what I do want though is for progress to be made and in order to do that the "loyalty" factor has to be taken out the equation.

It is doing the team no good if the negative debate is transferred onto the terraces with fans getting on players backs. That really pisses me off.

I 100% agree with this...for 90 minutes you support and encourage every player that wears our colours and the time for evaluation and in some cases criticism is afterwards...