A question mainly for Glaswegians

Thermopylae

If the old firm was no more would you support a Glasgow United?

I've heard a few pundits saying in the last few days that the reason the Inverness crowds are so small is that they are a new club and it does seem that 2 + 2 very seldom equals 4 in footballing mergers ... indeed they may even be struggling to equal 2 because the new club has no history that the fans can identify with.

I know when Caley and Thistle merged there was hope in the air that they were moving towards a bigger and better future where a new club was being formed that could compete with the big city clubs to the south but it hasn't really happened

It's a fair question, It'll never happen but it's a fair question and could be asked of other clubs, there's far too many in Scotland.

Only Rangers and the scum have a home support that can compete with the biggest in the World, if there was another one or two that could compete then Scottish football would be much better.

It's a fair question, It'll never happen but it's a fair question and could be asked of other clubs, there's far too many in Scotland.

Only Rangers and the scum have a home support that can compete with the biggest in the World, if there was another one or two that could compete then Scottish football would be much better.

We do need more population centres as you say another couple of medium sized clubs would make a big difference but you also have to say binning the one iconic fixture in the country wasn't the smartest thing to do <cr>

Agreed.

But the way the media react to everything you'd think it was exclusive to football.

It is disgusting but the media prey on it. They love it.

It's easier to blame big bad Rangers than the roman church for dividing the country along sectarian lines at 5 years old

I remember years ago a Glasgow team for charity or Silver Jubilee or something - Sandy Jardine was playing anyway, Blue shirts with Green Sleeves, Green Shorts and yellow and Red socks I think - Sure it was 1977 ish - I'm away to do some research.................