Who tried to steal our titles?..

Faircity

Rangers' former Director of Football Gordon Smith last night called for an investigation to be launched into the SPL.

20385541.JPG

Gordon Smith has called for investigation into SPL

Officials at the governing body asked the Ibrox club to accept title-stripping as a condition of being granted SFA membership last summer.

New Gers chief executive Charles Green rejected the request – and the findings of an independent commission yesterday backed up his decision.< p>The SPL commission ruled no unfair sporting advantage had been gained by side-letter arrangements.</p>< p>Smith, the former chief executive of the SFA, said the identity of the person who asked the Glasgow giants to accept losing titles needs to be ascertained. </p>< p>He said: "Rangers, in order to retain their place in Scottish football, were asked to surrender their titles. At that stage, it was almost an admission of guilt</p>< p>"It is something that will now need to be investigated. We need to see who the people were who forced that issue. </p>< p>"I was not surprised to see Charles Green raise that issue very quickly yesterday and I think it is something that needs to be looked at further."</p>< p>Smith defended SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster over his handling of the affair. </p>< p> Smith added: "The SPL is run by the committee. </p>< p>"If they wanted an investigation, there is not much the chief executive could have done differently."</p>

Contextual targeting label:

Sport

The SPL commission ruled no unfair sporting advantage had been gained by side-letter arrangements.

Smith, the former chief executive of the SFA, said the identity of the person who asked the Glasgow giants to accept losing titles needs to be ascertained.

He said: "Rangers, in order to retain their place in Scottish football, were asked to surrender their titles. At that stage, it was almost an admission of guilt

"It is something that will now need to be investigated. We need to see who the people were who forced that issue.

"I was not surprised to see Charles Green raise that issue very quickly yesterday and I think it is something that needs to be looked at further."

Smith defended SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster over his handling of the affair.

Smith added: "The SPL is run by the committee.

"If they wanted an investigation, there is not much the chief executive could have done differently."

Nice one Gordon - Couldn't be Peter could it?

"The SPL is run by the committee. If they wanted an investigation, there is not much the chief executive could have done differently."

Peter's on t'committee

Mind you don't agree that Doncaster is blameless. As we say in the Military, you can delegate authority, not responsibility.

Glad this is gathering pace in the press. I was worried this would be buried by our fair and impartial media.

I think we should put as much pressure on as many people as we possibly can to force an investigation into this shocking attempt at what amounts to...extortion.

Glad this is gathering pace in the press. I was worried this would be buried by our fair and impartial media.

I think we should put as much pressure on as many people as we possibly can to force an investigation into this shocking attempt at what amounts to...extortion.

More like,,,,Blackmail

We cannot let this lie, their demands were for punishment without trial and no right of appeal. It flies in the face of any concept of justice, and was somehow paraded under the banner of integrity.

To be honest, even if we had lost yesterday, their actions in the summer would still have been considered shameful (guilty or innocent you are entitled to a fair trial!) but now it highlights, even more, the disgraceful nature of their actions!

In Perth last month Green said the agreement he was presented was the first draft shared with Rangers but the "7th internal draft" (I assumed some twat left a footnote or the like on the document). The author of the agreement was of course Mr Mckenzie.

The question is therefore what individuals, governing bodies and clubs were a party to these "internal" drafts?

Email correspondence were it possessed would clear that up. When is JT back from his holidays?

Resign while you still have the chance to retain a shred of dignity Doncaster and Regan

think we can point the finger at many who wanted titles stripped,lawell,petrie,thomson for starters and there will be more,they will grass up each other through time am sure.

shower of dobbers :wanker: :wanker: :wanker:

In this era of open & transparent running of our game I would expect nothing less than a full disclosure will be coming our way in the next few days. (aye right).

If they have nothing to hide just tell all of scottish football and beyond who said what to who & when (Simples)

This whole debacle should be subject to a Public Enquiry! Loads of tax payer pounds wasted on a witchhunt for what amounted in govermental terms as "peanuts" compared to some high street enterprises who were let off with £billions. Scottish Football money wasted which could have/should have been used for far better purposes i.e.grass roots developement or any football developement in this god forsaken backwater of football.

All this for basically a Witchhunt which has spectacularly backfired on them.

PUBLIC ENQUIRY PLEASE - The only way the truth will surface!

Unless someone squeels?

Unfortunately for them they won't be that lucky. This has been mentioned a couple times on SkySportsNews too.

Run ya bastards, Run!

We should not let this be, this is surely some kind of criminal activity, and if someone gets charged by the police, then l dont think it would be long before they start spilling their guts. l dont see too many heroes in the sphell or the sfa, then we might get too the bottom of this.