Blue nose Friendly Pubs in Edinburgh

Want me to teach you some Polish swear words?? I enjoyed the pubs down there - Nip, Middletons, Iona, Artisan, Caldon on Duke St, Jimmy Millar's, Volunteer, Trafalgar, Vine. Probably some are no longer still open. Good days though.

From memory Iona is definitely open, Volunteer Arms is still there - Duke's Head on Duke street has some sound folk in it although I think someone said that's shutting.

More and more wine bars opening up - getting a bit continental for my taste (coming from someone that now stays in Stockbridge....)

From memory Iona is definitely open, Volunteer Arms is still there - Duke's Head on Duke street has some sound folk in it although I think someone said that's shutting.

More and more wine bars opening up - getting a bit continental for my taste (coming from someone that now stays in Stockbridge....)

Duke's Head was our Jimmy Millar's pub. Got chased out the first time I went in as some fuckers thought I was CID!! Aye, sunny Leith, fab place.

I remember drinking in a pub called the coburg near Easter road which was mentioned earlier. This place had King Billy paintings up on the wall & the sash , dollies braes etc on the juke box!

This wouldve been mid '80's I think. I was only ever in it that one time but can't remember how we ended up in the place or who told us about it.

Think it's a rock club for kids?

Some of the lassies in my team go there - that said I rarely listen to them first thing on a monday.

There's Cinema in there that shows all of the old horror films , it's also believed to haunted and it's run by the same guy who's got the Black Rose on Rose St

There's Cinema in there that shows all of the old horror films , it's also believed to haunted and it's run by the same guy who's got the Black Rose on Rose St

Definitely giving it a miss then.

The whole cowgate is a rank midden for teenage slappers and students.

Stick to the city centre and I'd say you'd be fine.

I turned up once at Easter Road, off my face, trying to get in at the Hibs end (in colours!) and the polis gave me a run up the road in the back of their car to a local boozer. Fucked if I remember the name though.

Simpler, happy days :)

Stick to the city centre and I'd say you'd be fine.

I turned up once at Easter Road, off my face, trying to get in at the Hibs end (in colours!) and the polis gave me a run up the road in the back of their car to a local boozer. Fucked if I remember the name though.

Simpler, happy days :)

Which pubs in the city centre are the best in your opinion