Cosgrove on Sportsound - Green should have a listen

I am totally against the license fee mate. I hate the people are forced to fund a disgraceful organisation in order to watch other TV stations.

However, I think if you took the acts away, there would be no laws. It becomes law as final part of the process. If a representative of a private body comes round to your door, you are correct, they have no authority. However, that doesn't mean it is not a law. It just means they are not using the police to enforce it.

No, it is a civil matter, the only reason a police constable would be there would be to ensure that there were no breaches of the peace and above all no-ones rights were being violated.

This has been established over thousands of instances of non-payment of license fees. Statutes and acts can only work under force of law via the consent of the governed. You don't consent? Then they have no power.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it is a civil matter, the only reason a police constable would be there would be to ensure that there were no breaches of the peace and above all no-ones rights were being violated.

This has been established over thousands of instances of non-payment of license fees. Statutes and acts can only work under force of law via the consent of the governed. You don't consent? Then they have no power.

Mate, the facts are as follows (EDIT: as far as I know them).

A TV License IS currently required by law when watching live or broadcast TV. It is a criminal offence if you don't.

It is not enforced by the police.

It can be brought to a criminal court in front of a Magistrate.

However...you are not legally obliged to let anyone in to your house to check your equipment.

Personally I'd say the fee itself is illegal. It should be scrapped.

Are we all supposed to feel guilty for not paying an illegal taxation?

Ladies and gentlemen: the country that at one time defied the Nazis.

If you do not watch any BBC live broadcasts, then you have nothing to feel guilty about and I suppose you could see it is an illegal tax.

If you do use the service, then you should pay for it, like every other law-abiding citizen.

I said in the original thread........

Cannel your TV licence DD

It's unlikley that the team who play in Glasgow from Ireland has a fanbase who pay towards the BBC.

Yet most Rangers people do.

Cancel immediately, as soon as it's picked up down south and cash flow stops something will be done.

Seen plenty complaints, genuine, articulate with foundation rubbished by the BBCs response, so that does nothing

If a thousand cancelled in a week they would take notice..

You WON"T be prosecuted if you follow the proper advice, you will save a few quid and you WILL damage BBC Scotland

The licence fee goes to the Govt.

The Govt. funds the BBC

If you do not watch any BBC live broadcasts, then you have nothing to feel guilty about and I suppose you could see it is an illegal tax.

If you do use the service, then you should pay for it, like every other law-abiding citizen.

I don't consent to the ACT being a law, so no law is being broken.

Sorry If I've been through all this in court and had a solicitor explain it all thoroughly to me. Sorry If I understand the rights I have guaranteed to me under the Magna Carta. The judge was quite amused at the TV license enforcers material witness evidence I must say.

Laughed out of court doesn't cover it.

Mate, the facts are as follows (EDIT: as far as I know them).

A TV License IS currently required by law when watching live or broadcast TV. It is a criminal offence if you don't.

It is not enforced by the police.

It can be brought to a criminal court in front of a Magistrate.

However...you are not legally obliged to let anyone in to your house to check your equipment.

Personally I'd say the fee itself is illegal. It should be scrapped.

Its an ACT mate, an act can only become forcable under law if you CONSENT. I do not. Neither do thousands of others. Ive been through it all mate, the threats, the courts, everything. Didn't pay a penny, was not convicted of committing any crimes. And not once did any police constables come to my door with a warrant for my arrest, as they would have done had it been a criminal matter.

If you want I can put you in touch with the solicitor I used.

I don't consent to the ACT being a law, so no law is being broken.

Sorry If I've been through all this in court and had a solicitor explain it all thoroughly to me. Sorry If I understand the rights I have guaranteed to me under the Magna Carta. The judge was quite amused at the TV license enforcers material witness evidence I must say.

Laughed out of court doesn't cover it.

Don't be sorry :pipe:

Yeah that's right but if you listen to BBC Radio and watched BBC iPlayer you wouldn't require a license at all and therefore could watch / listen to the programming (if you really felt the need to) without funding it.

EDIT: However, the TV License would still be "required" if you are watching any other channels as they are broadcast.

That's EXACTLY what I do, and I've no problem with it or the law.

Coscunt is a very annoying man, but he has a get out clause in the opening 'titles' of his show by promoting it as the most petty, ill-informed show on radio.

I once remember him ranting in the DR when he had a colulm there. He was ranting that he hates talking about he OF as they are not Scottish football and was trying to influence people not to talk about them. In order to show his conviction, he claimed he would never talk about them again. This was about 12-15 years ago and I find it highly ironic that he's done nothing but talk about them since.

Well, Rangers and septic are the biggest clubs in Scotland, and the reason Rangers have been responsible for the depletion of the country's ink supplies.

The guy knows nothing except his own petty and ill-informed agenda.

gettin sick o this pish the club needs to start taking these mugs to court

it is getting a bit much and hints at discussions of free speech, or control of the mhedia. Some of whats been getting said about us is surely liblous!

Then again, if CG is only wanting a successful Rangers to optimise his investment, then expensive lawyers may be an step too far?

it is getting a bit much and hints at discussions of free speech, or control of the mhedia. Some of whats been getting said about us is surely liblous!

Then again, if CG is only wanting a successful Rangers to optimise his investment, then expensive lawyers may be an step too far?

"be very careful what you write or say about this club" - jim traynor less talk more action jim!

its only expensive if we lose plus the damage they are doin to the brand will cost us far more

"be very careful what you write or say about this club" - jim traynor less talk more action jim!

its only expensive if we lose plus the damage they are doin to the brand will cost us far more

True! But CG may take the view that he's not guaranteed to win.

So because one or two twats from the BBC make their ill feelings towards Rangers known, we should cancel our TV licence?

There is no package on Cable or Sky that comes without the need for a TV licence, so in theory you are telling people to stop watching tv and go back to the wireless days - oh wait, you need a licence for that too! We can just sit and read the newspapers then, except for any that have Spiers or Cosgrove writing for them, then there is Chic Young, Charlie Nicholas etc.

You seem to think that every Bear will be happy to cut their nose of to spite their face and I am afraid most Bears are not that bloody stupid. You only have to look at the thread regarding Rangers using Bob Marley music to interpret a situation at Rangers - most Vears could not give a shit about the fact Marley is a supposed Tim.

My wife watches Eastenders and River City. I am not going to start to hold a conversation with her when these are being aired and she has nothing to do because I cancelled the licence.

Rangers are my club, and my life would be a disaster without them but I have loved ones in my life also. To that degree, I will not allow Rangers to rule my life or affect my wife and child. I will simply opt out of reading pish from journo's that have ill feeling towards my club and continue to sign petitions to that effect.

You start of playing it down and finish off with pure OTT drama.

If you don't want to fight the fight fair enough

The nonsense your coming out with is mostly incorrect and certainly not helpful.

It is very clear from the evidence below that if someone felt strongly enough against the BBC they can cancel their DD without having any adverse affects on their own lives or that of their families...

If admin could merge this and my much earlier identical thread I would be most grateful..

You start of playing it down and finish off with pure OTT drama.

If you don't want to fight the fight fair enough

The nonsense your coming out with is mostly incorrect and certainly not helpful.

It is very clear from the evidence below that if someone felt strongly enough against the BBC they can cancel their DD without having any adverse affects on their own lives or that of their families...

I am not going to apologise for being part of the debate on this topic. In my opinion, people are breaking the law by not paying their TV licence despite watching BBC channels.

On top of that, I am also pointing out that people with families cannot just think about themselves.

OTT drama my arse.

I am not going to apologise for being part of the debate on this topic. In my opinion, people are breaking the law by not paying their TV licence despite watching BBC channels.

On top of that, I am also pointing out that people with families cannot just think about themselves.

OTT drama my arse.

This thread and many off my others are about options we have when fighting the fight.

Rangers fans who have a grievance with the BBC over their consistent unbalanced attacks on our club are offered some decent info about cancelling their license as a form of protest..

Your chuntering is better suited to loose woman or some equally banal forum

This thread and many off my others are about options we have when fighting the fight.

Rangers fans who have a grievance with the BBC over their consistent unbalanced attacks on our club are offered some decent info about cancelling their license as a form of protest..

Your chuntering is better suited to loose woman or some equally banal forum

This thread is part of a forum and all members of said forum are entitled to an opinion; without it being slagged off. There are two sides of every coin and until you respect that, you are not going to be very good at debating.

I said in the original thread........

Cannel your TV licence DD

It's unlikley that the team who play in Glasgow from Ireland has a fanbase who pay towards the BBC.

Yet most Rangers people do.

Cancel immediately, as soon as it's picked up down south and cash flow stops something will be done.

Seen plenty complaints, genuine, articulate with foundation rubbished by the BBCs response, so that does nothing

If a thousand cancelled in a week they would take notice..

You WON"T be prosecuted if you follow the proper advice, you will save a few quid and you WILL damage BBC Scotland

would love 2 see that, and we would bring down the court service as we would jam it wy all the cases, worth a shot, cancelled mine today

This thread is part of a forum and all members of said forum are entitled to an opinion; without it being slagged off. There are two sides of every coin and until you respect that, you are not going to be very good at debating.

After your first few responses I didn't want to debate with you anymore in the thread

Just wanted you to go away so we could get back to the real point