Jim Traynor

subcrawl

What is this guy supposed to be doing again? The last few days have been a PR disaster for the club and I would expected a Director of Communications to have been more visible and given better advice to Green, who after all employed him. Traynor, if he is up to the job, should have been telling him to keep quiet and pick and choose what he says more carefully at the very least and should probably be making appearances himself on TV to defend the club, rather than leaving it to the likes of Chris Graham who is in the dark as much as the rest of us.

Is his job just to write statements on the website? Because you would be better off getting a young bear with good written English to do it for heehaw rather than pay this guy what is likely a six figure salary to sit scratching his fat arse.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What is this guy supposed to be doing again? The last few days have been a PR disaster for the club and I would expected a Director of Communications to have been more visible and given better advice to Green, who after all employed him. Traynor, if he is up to the job, should have been telling him to keep quiet and pick and choose what he says more carefully at the very least and should probably be making appearances himself on TV to defend the club, rather than leaving it to the likes of Chris Graham who is in the dark as much as the rest of us.

Is his job just to write statements on the website? Because you would be better off getting a young bear with good written English to do it for heehaw rather than pay this guy what is likely a six figure salary to sit scratching his fat arse.

It's always been left to people like Chris Graham to try and defend the Club. The last week has been a total PR disaster for Rangers. Thank God the IPO was in December and not around this time, because there's no way that the Club would have made £22 million with stories like this circulating.

I don't see it myself some seem to be hurting that we are still here and still winning things and still supporting the team.

I'm not sure how you could have been a fan of this club in the last few weeks and not see that there are some very real problems. Simply deflecting the problems to people who do not like the club is helping no one.

It's a good question though, why isn't it Traynor appearing on Scotland Tonight instead of someone representing a fan website?

Is it a fans forum? I thought he was a blogger?

Still, I'd like to hear more from Traynor, maybe he's construction a major coup and will help rid us of O'Regan and dungshover forever.

is traynor anything to with PR? to be honest i think Charles just bypasses PR and voices his opinion.

Refreshing at times and at others ill thought or misguided.

i'd be surprised if it's not the case that Traynor is ignored by other journos now he's out of that game.

I don't know what his job specification is and for that reason I can't criticise him. Just because he isn't holding CG hand on STV and spending his days clearing up CG post interview carnage doesn't mean he is doing nothing.

But that has proven the biggest problem over the last week. Surely when serious allegations are made that us being covered by every media outlet, and the fact we've still got a CEO making cringeworthy interviews despite this, that part of his job becomes the priority? And there's simply no evidence to suggest that this has actually happened.

Is it a fans forum? I thought he was a blogger?

Still, I'd like to hear more from Traynor, maybe he's construction a major coup and will help rid us of O'Regan and dungshover forever.

Well, The Rangers Standard does have a forum as well I think but yeah, it is mostly about the different articles that are put up.

It's a good question though, why isn't it Traynor appearing on Scotland Tonight instead of someone representing a fan website?

Do you think he would be invited? They get Chris Graham in because he's a toothless Tiger, last night confirms this as that Oirish scumbag pissed all over Rangers and Chris sadly was unable to defend Rangers position very successfully.

I'm pretty sure Traynor was meant to be on the night they had Chris Graham attacked on all sides by Britney and Thomson a few weeks back. Must have just shat it. Not good enough, he was on Newsnight a few times when we were going through admin. How much is he on again?

I'll tell you why. Christ Graham sticks up for the club 24/7 and fights our corner. The media get a hard on every time they have the opportunity to throw him into a cage along with 2/3 Rangers haters on the same panel. They are trying to crack him as an egg, trying to make him surrender his fight. That though, will never happen because Speirs is a liar and the rest are more unprofessional than Sandaza.

But that has proven the biggest problem over the last week. Surely when serious allegations are made that us being covered by every media outlet, and the fact we've still got a CEO making cringeworthy interviews despite this, that part of his job becomes the priority? And there's simply no evidence to suggest that this has actually happened.

That depends on his brief from CG. As I said just because I don't know what he is doing doesn't mean he is doing nothing and to be honest neither do any of you.

Any similarities between CW and Gordon Smith relationship?

Do you think he would be invited? They get Chris Graham in because he's a toothless Tiger, last night confirms this as that Oirish scumbag pissed all over Rangers and Chris sadly was unable to defend Rangers position very successfully.

There's very little someone like Chris can do to defend Green right now. Nobody outside of the club has the full facts and if Traynor made himself available to appear, I don't really see how they could refuse him the opportunity.

That depends on his brief from CG. As I said just because I don't know what he is doing doesn't mean he is doing nothing and to be honest neither do any of you.

Any similarities between CW and Gordon Smith relationship?

He's the Director of Communications. I'd be worried if media appearances didn't fall under his brief.