Unified body to represent all Rangers fans

iang2911

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good on you for trying to put your words in to action. Happy to help advise where appropriate but given my previous involvement with such organisations I think it best that such a project is driven by new faces.

PM me if you want to discuss anything further.

As long as VB, and the like, are represented this can only be a good thing.

It's a tad unfortunate, however, that such groupings tend to lend themselves to those who have a lot of spare time on their hands and are committee minded neither of which are merits for such positions!

It's an admiral aim and anyone willing to give of their time should be encouraged. There have been many attempts, with varied (limited?) success, but that's not to discourage new ideas.

It's an admiral aim and anyone willing to give of their time should be encouraged. There have been many attempts, with varied (limited?) success, but that's not to discourage new ideas.

I guess it depends on who the captain of the ship is.

I have just sent this out to some on twitter.

"I'm trying to organise a meeting with as many supporters groups as I can to discuss creating a unified body for all fans. Would you attend?"

I have been reading for a while now about the desire for fan ownership, fan charters, song books etc. and don't see anything really happening. I tried to do this before but with what has happened over the last 18 months I believe it is time for all fan groups to come together collectively, while retaining their individual organisation, and work as a unified representative forum for all Rangers fans. Something that would allow every fan to still join up with like minded fans, for whatever purpose, or not but knowing that these groups and individuals are working at some point together for the good of Rangers.

This would make the prospect of fan ownership and solving these other issues a real possibility.

I find it a bit strange that you are trying to organise a unified bidy but have already decided that fan ownership should be an aim of this organisation. I know many fans who don't agree with this aim so you are trying to set up something that they would not join.

There is already an organisation that has fan onwership as a priority and I'm not sure that we need another.

If you really want a unified organisation then you may need to consider dropping this point.

Your support means so so so much to me (tu)

As always Ed.

Serious note:

As long as we get someone (group of people in) that has no agendas and not in it for themselves then this idea would work. Unfortunately, it seems many of the supporters clubs currently have figureheads that other groups cannot see past.

Maybe a totally new, unknown group of people could run this without the baggage associated with known groups currently?

I like the idea. It has merit but it will never work if its being agenda driven for personal gain.

Taking the number 1 person from each supporters group and putting them into a unified group would be disastrous. Much better to start totally new in my opinion.

As always Ed.

Serious note:

As long as we get someone (group of people in) that has no agendas and not in it for themselves then this idea would work. Unfortunately, it seems many of the supporters clubs currently have figureheads that other groups cannot see past.

Maybe a totally new, unknown group of people could run this without the baggage associated with known groups currently?

I like the idea. It has merit but it will never work if its being agenda driven for personal gain.

Taking the number 1 person from each supporters group and putting them into a unified group would be disastrous. Much better to start totally new in my opinion.

I get your points, I don't see it working quite like that but right now I am exploring the possibility thats all. So far I have had full support from all groups contacted so I will push ahead an see how I get on.

As always Ed.

Serious note:

Thats some of my thinking also, I don't want to say too much as it will just fail before it even gets started.

I get your points, I don't see it working quite like that but right now I am exploring the possibility thats all. So far I have had full support from all groups contacted so I will push ahead an see how I get on.

Well, good luck with it and I support you fully!

Would love to help out some how but no idea how (or even if it's possible this far out).

I find it a bit strange that you are trying to organise a unified bidy but have already decided that fan ownership should be an aim of this organisation. I know many fans who don't agree with this aim so you are trying to set up something that they would not join.

There is already an organisation that has fan onwership as a priority and I'm not sure that we need another.

If you really want a unified organisation then you may need to consider dropping this point.

It's only one of a variety of issues that affect all fans so should be on the table.

Perhaps, however I think there is a need to do something and I also think the time is right. If it falls flat then I have lost nothing mate.

Well Ian , what about coming on Rangers Chat and talking about it.....has a landline number or Skype.....that way you can get your thoughts over and answer questions.

As always Ed.

Serious note:

As you say NB if ths was to have any chance of succeeding it would have to be a completely new group and fresh approach and a new mindset.

That's the biggest stumbling block, to get people to give up their little realm of influence as I would not expect any of them to do this.

Well Ian , what about coming on Rangers Chat and talking about it.....has a landline number or Skype.....that way you can get your thoughts over and answer questions.

Good idea ED I have PM'd an invitation to IanG - I wonder if D'Art and others would be interested in a panel type forum discussing this topic I would be on my very best Dimblesque behaviour - parliamentary rules would apply

As you say NB if ths was to have any chance of succeeding it would have to be a completely new group and fresh approach and a new mindset.

That's the biggest stumbling block, to get people to give up their little realm of influence as I would not expect any of them to do this.

Hi Ed,

Taking aside various people's differences right now...............

If this new Unified group is too have any chance (and I do think the idea has great merit) then it cannot have anyone in it that really represents either their own, or their own groups agendas. To do that, the group could not feasibly consist of anyone in the "leadership" (think of a better word for me please D'Art!) of any group nor be a spokesperson for that said group.

I am aware that other supporters groups are trying this but maybe the best approach is indeed a whole new look at it from a new angle and without all associated baggage?

Do you need a representative in Africa? (now I have set my own agenda :7325: )

It's a long path and fraught with problems but worth the journey!

Good idea ED I have PM'd an invitation to IanG - I wonder if D'Art and others would be interested in a panel type forum discussing this topic I would be on my very best Dimblesque behaviour - parliamentary rules would apply

As long as its not modeled on the Scottish parliamentary system....... Supposed to be a democratic vote :pipe:

As long as its not modeled on the Scottish parliamentary system....... Supposed to be a democratic vote :pipe:

NB you know that I am Mr fairness personified - all I ever want is the best for Rangers

Maybe I should come over and carry out an opinion poll in Namibia - all in the name of fair play obviously