Players Out

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm genuinely astounded that someone has just used goals in Division Three as a basis to support their argument. That league wasn't even the best of the rest in Scottish football, it's a league of men who are willing to train twice per-week and play a game for £200 per-month.

It is absolutely no coincidence that players like Gregg Wylde, Jamie Ness, John Fleck and Danny Wilson, two and three years younger than Little and Ross Perry, made an impact in the first team before them.

I'm 110% positive that, had we not entered administration, Andy Little would not be at Ibrox and that is because, the level we were at and the level we will return to, he was not good enough for.

I'm genuinely astounded that someone has just used goals in Division Three as a basis to support their argument. That league wasn't even the best of the rest in Scottish football, it's a league of men who are willing to train twice per-week and play a game for £200 per-month.

It is absolutely no coincidence that players like Gregg Wylde, Jamie Ness, John Fleck and Danny Wilson, two and three years younger than Little and Ross Perry, made an impact in the first team before them.

I'm 110% positive that, had we not entered administration, Andy Little would not be at Ibrox and that is because, the level we were at and the level we will return to, he was not good enough for.

Playing in the 3rd division it was unlikely he'd be scoring goals anywhere else. 5 goals from 6 starts in the SPL wasn't bad either.

Just completely ignoring how well he did in the SPL for us?

How well? You're deluded.

I was at Ibrox when he scored the second of two rebounds into Celtic and I was at Tynecastle when he scored a miss-hit, then Wallace tee'd him up for a one-on-one with the net. His overall performances, though, were atrocious and well below par. I'm not saying that I expect Rangers players to score wonderful 25-yard strikes every time, but all you need to do is watch a players general impact on a game and Andy Little is not a good footballer.

To be fair I will agree with you in as much as, had we not entered admin and went through our problems Andy little would not be a rangers player, at least not a first team player. However how many of our current squad would have been 1st team players under different circumstances?

Andy little is a decent player who works hard and has shown he has an eye for goal. I think the biggest problem is ally doesn't rate him as a main striker whilst I don't think he has the touch, guile or crossing ability to be a winger/outside forward.

I think with a recognised partner little could be a decent SPL standard goalscorer but I'm not sure he will get that chance under ally. He is clearly a committed lad with a good attitude and therefore I hope he proves you wrong and becomes a mainstay of the team for years to come. Only he, and to a certain extent ally, can make that happen.