Lawrie Reilly passes away

Never heard of him.

Scotlands 4th highest International goalscorer (22 goals in 38 games). SFA hall of famer. 238 goals in his career. Considered one of Scotlands greatest ever goalscorers with a better international strike rate than Kenny Dalgleish and Denis Law. Part of one of Britains greatest ever strike forces.

You should never get angry on a forum..................just laugh it off or comeback with something that makes people think they're getting to you..............it does work.

I dont understand the rage some people get into over something a complete stranger said on something as insignificant as a football forum. Although you can always tell when someone is on the verge of meltdown. They start calling people on spelling and punctuation.

I dont understand the rage some people get into over something a complete stranger said on something as insignificant as a football forum. Although you can always tell when someone is on the verge of meltdown. They start calling people on spelling and punctuation.

OOPS! that's a well worn use of word............meltdown a certain number of posters tend to use that to try and turn people against posters who disagree with them :matron:

Lawrie Reilly was indeed a legend and a brilliant footballer (even allowing for the fact he was a Hibee) I saw him play at the latter part of his career when I was a young fella and he sure knew where the back of the net was.

A sad day for Scottish football as another legend passes away.

RIP Lawrie.

Lawrie Reilly was indeed a legend and a brilliant footballer (even allowing for the fact he was a Hibee) I saw him play at the latter part of his career when I was a young fella and he sure knew where the back of the net was.

A sad day for Scottish football as another legend passes away.

RIP Lawrie.

Unfortunately I never saw him play but have heard many tales of the Famous Five who terrorised defences everywhere from my late Hibee Uncle.

Unfortunately I never saw him play but have heard many tales of the Famous Five who terrorised defences everywhere from my late Hibee Uncle.

They certainly terrorised defences and not just in Scotland.I never saw the "famous 5" play together (I think) but that was some forward line they had with every one of them a Scottish internationalist.

I often wonder what would have happened if the SFA had not refused to send Scotland to the 1950 world Cup when they actually qualified for it.

The SFA fucking things up is not a modern day occurrence.