The BBC and Dwain Chambers

What's the script there?

Just watched the 100m on the race and they never mentioned him in the build up to the race, nor when the camera panned across the athletes as they were introduced and nor at the end of the race.

I know he was caught doping but to totally ignore an athlete in the race seems a bit OTT :lol:

It's hilarious. Likewise the constant negative references to Justin Gatlin.

I appreciate that treating Bolt like some sort of God is appropriate if he is clean, because if he is clean, he must be a God. He's nearly 0.3 seconds faster than the next untainted sprinter.

It's hilarious. Likewise the constant negative references to Justin Gatlin.

I appreciate that treating Bolt like some sort of God is appropriate if he is clean, because if he is clean, he must be a God. He's nearly 0.3 seconds faster than the next untainted sprinter.

I just thought I'd missed something mate. I didn't get why they ignored him

I just thought I'd missed something mate. I didn't get why they ignored him

Here in Britain, we don't like cheaters.

Sorry, let me amend that. In Britain, we don't like cheaters who get caught. It's bad form to get caught and taint the national programme.

Here in Britain, we don't like cheaters.

Sorry, let me amend that. In Britain, we don't like cheaters who get caught. It's bad form to get caught and taint the national programme.

I mind he done an interview after the trials a year or 2 back and he swore in it. Maybe it's that :lol:

I mind he done an interview after the trials a year or 2 back and he swore in it. Maybe it's that :lol:

I think it's that he didn't maintain his innocence and blame his coach like pretty much every other doper does, he openly admitted that he took every drug under the sun to make him run faster, because he had no chance of competing against a doped field otherwise.

Sports commentators are, by and large, clueless simpletons who like to convince themselves that most athletes are clean and above that sort of thing. They don't like to be confronted with harsh truths.

I think it's that he didn't maintain his innocence and blame his coach like pretty much every other doper does, he openly admitted that he took every drug under the sun to make him run faster, because he had no chance of competing against a doped field otherwise.

Sports commentators are, by and large, clueless simpletons who like to convince themselves that most athletes are clean and above that sort of thing. They don't like to be confronted with harsh truths.

It does seem that when he admitted it they developed a hatred for him :lol:

You can tell he's not doping now as he's just not very good

It does seem that when he admitted it they developed a hatred for him :lol:

You can tell he's not doping now as he's just not very good

Which makes it all the stranger. I'm 100% certain there were unrepentant, uncaught dopers in that race tonight. Chambers isn't one of them. Yet he's shut out.

I'm starting to like Justin Gatlin, even though he's a wanker, and he's clearly still doping, because he gets the hypocrites frothing at the mouth.

Which makes it all the stranger. I'm 100% certain there were unrepentant, uncaught dopers in that race tonight. Chambers isn't one of them. Yet he's shut out.

I'm starting to like Justin Gatlin, even though he's a wanker, and he's clearly still doping, because he gets the hypocrites frothing at the mouth.

Am I right in saying Gatlin is like chambers in that he was caught before?

Am I right in saying Gatlin is like chambers in that he was caught before?

Yep, although unlike Chambers he has never admitted wrongdoing. He blamed a masseur for rubbing testosterone cream into his buttocks without his knowledge :lol:

He is also running consistently better times in his "clean" 30s than he was during his doped prime. Make of that what you will. He has run faster than Bolt this year.

Yep, although unlike Chambers he has never admitted wrongdoing. He blamed a masseur for rubbing testosterone cream into his buttocks without his knowledge :lol:

He is also running consistently better times in his "clean" 30s than he was during his doped prime. Make of that what you will. He has run faster than Bolt this year.

You know what they masseurs are like :D