Do you have to have a season ticket to be a true bear?

Skyson1872

36 minutes ago, bluchoo said:

Dont agree but in the last few years has it not been the season ticket holders and people who attend games the ones who have kept the club going? Since most other revenue streams were non existant

Yeah, and that's why some season ticket holders get a bit annoyed with fans who don't attend games talking about finances. Last summer my dad would get hacked off at me for saying it was unrealistic to expect us to spend millions in transfer fees, due to the lack of revenue from retail and the board having to invest in more than just the playing squad. He understood that, but as a season ticket holder he also believed that it was people like himself that had been keeping the club going, and he wasn't going to be happy with a few years of dross just because of the Mike Ashley situation. 

He's not someone who thinks you're only a supporter if you have a season ticket or anything like that - he just felt that, more than ever, the season ticket holders were keeping us going. (And he's not exactly moaning this summer about a lack of investment or season ticket holders being taken for granted; most upbeat I've seen him during a pre-season since 2002 - and even then that was because he went to school with Big Eck.)

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, WGOH said:

I am the best Rangers fan of all time, WATP

Staunch as fuck mate!!

You can only lay claim to this title if you have and do the following:

Have a season ticket

Buy club merchandise

Play the rangers lotto

Tap above the door on the way out of every game

End your sentences with WATP

Have 1690 as your pin number

And finally, willing to boo the team after 45 minutes of pish in any given game

26 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Staunch as fuck mate!!

Have a season ticket

Buy club merchandise

Play the rangers lotto

All of the above mate, except the last one, am more of a 'FUCKING BOO' man 

28 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Staunch as fuck mate!!

Have a season ticket

Buy club merchandise

Play the rangers lotto

And Dave King tattoo

5 hours ago, plumbGER said:

:megaanguish:

I'm pretty sure nobody defines their support of Rangers by the battle of the Boyne, however there are a lot of fans who embrace both Rangers and our PUL heritage.

I don't know what PUL means mate, but I do understand a lot of Rangers fans in Scotland are descended from Ulster Unionist immigrants, who along with the tims, have brought their fight to our shore. I suppose if I was from that background I would have a similar stance, but I'm not, so I personally have no interest in NI or Ireland and it's fights, and find it all a bit tiring.

5 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

:lol: pish

No one "defines" their support based on their loyalism,  what the fuck is that even meant to mean? I've never heard a Bear claim he was more staunch than me because he fought in the Battle of the Boyne and I didn't :lol:

But the fact is Rangers, Unionism, Ulster Loyalism and Protestant values are hand in hand and have been for generations. 

I have no Issue with Bears who don't embrace those values, but it's taig behaviour to say we should stop embracing those values just because you don't agree with them

I am not saying anyone should do anything. If people want to embrace that kind of stuff, that is their decision.

44 minutes ago, Blue Blooded said:

Ooft, shots fired! lol 

Mate, I 100% disagree with everything to do with any paramilitary group from the 1970's onward.

boom head shot lol

I can understand some personal views on paramilitaries but the European wars back in the late 1600s was a just war ? 

5 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

You give enough of a shit to come on here moaning like a papist

Mate, enough with the low brow accusations. I couldn't give a shit what religion someone is, I am 100% atheist. 

If I have offended you, accept my humble apologies! :-/

1 hour ago, Blue Blooded said:

I don't know what PUL means mate, but I do understand a lot of Rangers fans in Scotland are descended from Ulster Unionist immigrants, who along with the tims, have brought their fight to our shore. I suppose if I was from that background I would have a similar stance, but I'm not, so I personally have no interest in NI or Ireland and it's fights, and find it all a bit tiring.

Potestant Unionist Loyalist.

See to be honest mate you would be aswell not commenting on it at all as you seem to have a poor grasp of the history.

Take some time to read up on the Ulster Scots and you will realise that the fight you think they have took to our shore is indeed  descendents of our fanbases families fight aswell.

You do realise we have a big following who travel from Ulster on a weekly basis? a boy i know who has connections in Larne RSC said they could have filled 4 buses for tonights game.

4 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Potestant Unionist Loyalist.

See to be honest mate you would be aswell not commenting on it at all as you seem to have a poor grasp of the history.

Take some time to read up on the Ulster Scots and you will realise that the fight you think they have took to our shore is indeed  descendents of our fanbases families fight aswell.

You do realise we have a big following who travel from Ulster on a weekly basis, a boy i know who has connections in Larne said they could have filled 4 buses for tonights game.

Yes I am well aware of the history of the Ulster Scots, and I am also well aware of the amount of Rangers fans who come over from NI, but as I said, I feel as though we in the West of Scotland have been subjected to the ongoing fight between NI Unionists and Nationalists for long enough. I accept completely it is a vital issue for those involved, but it is definitely past it's sell by date for me. 

I know there are many facets to the subject, and both sides will probably spend another 100 years pointing the finger at each other, but I find it all a bit sad now.

3 minutes ago, Blue Blooded said:

Yes I am well aware of the history of the Ulster Scots, and I am also well aware of the amount of Rangers fans who come over from NI, but as I said, I feel as though we in the West of Scotland have been subjected to the ongoing fight between NI Unionists and Nationalists for long enough. I accept completely it is a vital issue for those involved, but it is definitely past it's sell by date for me. 

I know there are many facets to the subject, and both sides will probably spend another 100 years pointing the finger at each other, but I find it all a bit sad now.

The issues are as relevant today as they were 30 years ago, the nationalists are trying to destroy this country and I for one am proud that Rangers and her fans are proud to show their support of the Union

If you think it's irrelevant then you should complain to the Club as even official Club statements have acknowledged that Rangers FC is first and foremost a British Club and if that's a problem for you then you know where to go because that is the Club's official stance

45 minutes ago, Blue Blooded said:

It can't be that by it's sell by date for you if you find the need to comment on it.

You don't like it, that's your choice, but others feel strongly about it so you really shouldn't be so ignorant to their opinions/values/beliefs.

Rangers are a broad church and you are no better or worse if you don't agree with a PUL stance.

Surprised you didn't know what PUL means after that last post right enough.

1 hour ago, With Heart and Hand said:

The issues are as relevant today as they were 30 years ago, the nationalists are trying to destroy this country and I for one am proud that Rangers and her fans are proud to show their support of the Union

If you think it's irrelevant then you should complain to the Club as even official Club statements have acknowledged that Rangers FC is first and foremost a British Club and if that's a problem for you then you know where to go because that is the Club's official stance

I am anti Nationalist mate. I am British and Scottish, but the NI issue is one that is completely different. 

58 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

It can't be that by it's sell by date for you if you find the need to comment on it.

You don't like it, that's your choice, but others feel strongly about it so you really shouldn't be so ignorant to their opinions/values/beliefs.

Rangers are a broad church and you are no better or worse if you don't agree with a PUL stance.

Surprised you didn't know what PUL means after that last post right enough.

I only commented on it as a reaction to the half in jest, whole in earnest quip about having a KIng Billy Tea towel. 

I accept Rangers are a broad church, and as such I hope that others accept that some people do not automatically hate a person because he/she is a Catholic, in the same way they would like me to accept their values/beliefs. I have made not a lot of posts in here outlining my view on this or that, and have been accuse of being a Taig, being a Taig lover and an IRA apologist, in just the last 24 hours. I try and be civil even if brooching a serious subject, but when you get people resorting to name calling and accusations, it says more about them than anything else.

1 minute ago, Blue Blooded said:

I only commented on it as a reaction to the half in jest, whole in earnest quip about having a KIng Billy Tea towel. 

I accept Rangers are a broad church, and as such I hope that others accept that some people do not automatically hate a person because he/she is a Catholic, in the same way they would like me to accept their values/beliefs. I have made not a lot of posts in here outlining my view on this or that, and have been accuse of being a Taig, being a Taig lover and an IRA apologist, in just the last 24 hours. I try and be civil even if brooching a serious subject, but when you get people resorting to name calling and accusations, it says more about them than anything else.

Not really a subject to be taken in jest, people feel very strongly, myself included.

I'm not going to start dishing out insults or that but i think you should consider other fans feelings on the matter.

I've been brought up in a family deeply entrenched in the loyalist culture but i have also mixed family aswell so can be reasonably well balanced when in company.

I also know quite a few catholics who support Rangers, probably from mixed families.

3 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Not really a subject to be taken in jest, people feel very strongly, myself included.

I'm not going to start dishing out insults or that but i think you should consider other fans feelings on the matter.

I've been brought up in a family deeply entrenched in the loyalist culture but i have also mixed family aswell so can be reasonably well balanced when in company.

I also know quite a few catholics who support Rangers, probably from mixed families.

Fair enough mate. 

Although on the subject of Catholics supporting Rangers, I do find it very hard to understand. I know one lad myself, and how he endures all the anti Catholic stuff and remains a fan is beyond me. 

12 minutes ago, Blue Blooded said:

Fair enough mate. 

Although on the subject of Catholics supporting Rangers, I do find it very hard to understand. I know one lad myself, and how he endures all the anti Catholic stuff and remains a fan is beyond me. 

Why would it beyond you?

I thought you put all that religious and political stuff behind you?

3 hours ago, Blue Blooded said:

Many of those Ulster Unionist immigrants were actually returning to the homeland of their forefathers - the Ulster-Scots are descendants of Protestant Scots that were resettled in Ireland as they would be loyal to the crown. And they've hardly brought any trouble to the UK. In fact, they didn't exactly bring any troubles to Ireland either - it's a fallacy that Ulster Catholics were abused by Unionist for centuries after the reign of William & Mary. (In reality, until the 50s/60s, the main social divide in Ulster was between the working class and the wealthy - the troubles were as much intentionally incited by numerous wannabe IRA offshoots as they were by any unfair treatment RCs suffered.)

'Scotland' itself is an Irish name for this land, and we're intricately linked to Ireland - for better or worse - for many reasons. And while I can appreciate someone not being in favour of sectarian singing, there's fuck all wrong with fans singing songs celebrating the loyalist victories in Ulster centuries ago. (Especially as those victories prevented the crown falling back into the possession of a Roman Catholic zealot who considered reformists heretic.)

I hope the day when Rule Britannia, Build My Gallows and Derry's Walls aren't sang at Ibrox never comes. 

6 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Why would it beyond you?

I thought you put all that religious and political stuff behind you?

I find it hard to understand given the reason I mentioned.

I never said that it is all behind me, I said I am sick of it, and have little time for it, but I reserve the right to comment on it.