Record Goal Difference?

carrickblue

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone know the record goal difference in Scottish football? In England, Chelsea finished the 2009\10 season with a goal difference of plus 71

Rangers are plus 17 after 4 games.

Another record beckons?

That's the kind of talk that blows up in our faces and makes us look arrogant.

Who gives a fuck?

We only have to win the league.

We don't only have too win the league, thats what happened last year and it was boring and almost everyone acknowkedged it.

We have to win it with a bit of style and swagger, its not arrogant being confident in the teams ability and a good goal would be record points and goal difference

Its a fair post, not arrogant in the slightest for me

We don't only have too win the league, thats what happened last year and it was boring and almost everyone acknowkedged it.

We have to win it with a bit of style and swagger, its not arrogant being confident in the teams ability and a good goal would be record points and goal difference

Its a fair post, not arrogant in the slightest for me

I beg to differ and this is a forum after all.

Yes we want to win it with style but there we go, asking for record goal difference after a few games....

Have we learnt nothing?

Heads down, do the job....get to the SPL and then ram it down throats.

Fuck records....

As it stands,

We'll do well to beat QOS last year...

P 36 W 29 D 5 L 2 +69gd....

All the diddies said we were arrogant....let's just do this....and knock everyone of them down on the way.

Goal difference and goals scored both excellent records to try to break as is a record points haul. Its not arrogance its about being Rangers and setting standards its what we've always done.

Wrong.

Rangers are about winning (and occasionally losing) with class and dignity.

Not being braggarts or expecting to destroy smaller teams then wanting to sack the manager when we don't.

I hate the arrogance and have told folk on here to shut the fuck up but...

I feel sorry for some of our opponents this year, if we continue to remain ruthless.

Oh and welcome to BD lucy blue you aint in here too often

Didn't you used to have an Untouchables avatar?

Always a poster I felt truly in touch with the club ethos even if we often disagreed.

I thought the BD deserved a touch more common sense again.

We should be breaking records and giving every team a sore arse in this league, I expect nothing less.

Agree 100% !

Although I'll not go into a blind panic if/when we fail to reach thise heights so long as it's the exception rather than the rule

I never said that. I said I expect us to break records in this league.

I don't.

I expect us to win it.

Which we shall.

And when we get beaten....which we will....I won't moan or complain...I'll see the bigger picture.

Records mean nothing to our club right now.

Wrong.

Rangers are about winning (and occasionally losing) with class and dignity.

Not being braggarts or expecting to destroy smaller teams then wanting to sack the manager when we don't.

You can break records with class and dignity and we do, and where did I say Ally should be sacked if we don't break any records? He shouldn't his job is to take us to the top league and hopefully win some cups on the way but that doesn't mean we can't try to do as well as possible the difference between being a huge club and a diddy pretender is that huge clubs set out to lay down a marker not to be humble and just glad to be there. Rangers are the most successful club in world football for a reason and our current circumstances are a reason for us to be even more hungry not to just accept being another 3rd tier club

I don't.

I expect us to win it.

Which we shall.

And when we get beaten....which we will....I won't moan or complain...I'll see the bigger picture.

Records mean nothing to our club right now.

Which is what I'm saying. I'm not interested in records, I won't be popping champagne bottles when we win by 35 points, I'll be expecting that.

gee yersel a day aff lucy hen let the boys enjoy th scuddings

:lol:

I would....if the same boys didn't think the sky was falling down when a small team took a lucky result.

It's gonna happen.

We'll still win the league.

As I said, I don't give a flying fuck about setting records....neither I suspect, does Ally.

You can break records with class and dignity and we do, and where did I say Ally should be sacked if we don't break any records? He shouldn't his job is to take us to the top league and hopefully win some cups on the way but that doesn't mean we can't try to do as well as possible the difference between being a huge club and a diddy pretender is that huge clubs set out to lay down a marker not to be humble and just glad to be there. Rangers are the most successful club in world football for a reason and our current circumstances are a reason for us to be even more hungry not to just accept being another 3rd tier club

Is it showing class saying we should be breaking records?

Nope.

Class is saying we're Rangers, we're winners...we respect this league we're forced to be in and those who play in it but we're going to win it.

Not spouting shite like hey dudes....let's set records....that's crass....not class. :pipe:

Didn't you used to have an Untouchables avatar?

Always a poster I felt truly in touch with the club ethos even if we often disagreed.

I thought the BD deserved a touch more common sense again.

Yeah well a poorer version of it.

A bit of sanity in here won't go amiss lucy.