Pitiful performance

eejay the dj

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We are Rangers FC without the players that Rangers FC would expect to have normally. Would Barca perform as Barca should with this set of players, just because they are Barca?

We are where we are ATM and we need to have a sense of perspective. Some of the criticism is unrealistic and over-the-top, where it should be fair and contextual.

Do barca play part time opposition nearly every week?

Do barca play part time opposition nearly every week?

You are missing my point.

OK then, would Barca perform as Barca should with this set of players against part time opposition?

Of course not. The point is you can't judge by the name, you have to judge by the context and circumstances (being that we have and were always going to have, in this league, have relatively average players)

Do performances not matter?

you bet they do mate .Thankfully there are so many more bears on here today that do give a shit about how we play against part timers .I totally expect the same guys come on and defend Ally .If we lost the next 10 games Ally would do no wrong in their eyes but thankfully it's changing .Our team needs a good Manager and Ally is not that man .

Yeah but tactics and playing players out of position will still affect good footballers.

Which is a reasonable point and Ally makes mistakes there. I just don't think the champions league point is a fair one.

OK then, would Barca perform as Barca should with this set of players against part time opposition?

Of course not. The point is you can't judge by the name, you have to judge by the context and circumstances (being that we have and were always going to have, in this league, have relatively average players)

I get what you're meaning. But we certainly don't have 'average players' for this level.

you bet they do mate .Thankfully there are so many more bears on here today that do give a shit about how we play against part timers .I totally expect the same guys come on and defend Ally .If we lost the next 10 games Ally would do no wrong in their eyes but thankfully it's changing .Our team needs a good Manager and Ally is not that man .

We've played pretty well for the majority of games this season though surely? The last week has been 'workmanlike' to say the least and that blip at Forfar in the league cup was poor. But surely you arent claiming we've been crap all season?

I get what you're meaning. But we certainly don't have 'average players' for this level.

We don't have average players for this level, but for the level of Rangers FC, which was the retort to Eejay's point.

I would say we have a top 4 squad. So, would a team like Motherwell or ICT sometimes struggle in this division? Occasionally they would, so that being the case, why shouldn't we?

We don't have average players for this level, but for the level of Rangers FC, which was the retort to Eejay's point.

I would say we have a top 4 squad. So, would a team like Motherwell or ICT sometimes struggle in this division. Occasionally they would, so that being the case, why shouldn't we?

I thought you were just claiming we had average players for this level of football (tu)

We've played pretty well for the majority of games this season though surely? The last week has been 'workmanlike' to say the least and that blip at Forfar in the league cup was poor. But surely you arent claiming we've been crap all season?

No I ain't mate but realistically we arnt playing like for like every week .As said previously we are playing part timers and we have the biggest budget for wages bar the beggars .Even allowing for those though Ally IMO has not got a clue how to set a team up to play a game of football consistently .He is constantly tinkering .He should have been on that touch line livid today with that performance .instead we have him laughing and smiling as if everything was going ok .For me the players see that and think , it's ok to put in sub standard performances .

I don't think it's unfair to say we played very poor today.

I don't think it's unfair to say we still have a 100% league record this season, and we can still win even when we play piss poor.

Actually, talk about sitting on the fence... :thumbup:

The forum desperately needs some fence sitting today!! (tu)

avergae players or brilliant players, they clearly have no leadership on or off the park

it took us less than a minute to launch a fucking hoof ball up the park, marvin andrews and darren dods wont ever have an easier game, its no surprise that when the ball went over the top and dods was forced to deal with it on the ground he cocked it up

with that in mind you think we'd get law further up the park, get 2 quick strikers on andrews and dods, and play it in behind ON THE GROUND for us to go for

but nope, punt punt punt punt punt punt

its fucking depressing to see that our team look happy with that, then we try and see the game out in the last ten minutes instead of trying to kill it off, its not even like we stopped them having chances either, had big marvin put away either of his headers it would have been deserved for forfar

Five points clear at the top, goal difference of 22, and a nice day for September.....

It's not all that bad, surely?

for me its more the point that we continually do things that clearly dont work on the park, we need to learn from our mistakes while we have the advantage of cantering the leagues

if we get into certain bad habits in the tougher leagues we will be in for a shock

Five points clear at the top, goal difference of 22, and a nice day for September.....

It's not all that bad, surely?

Yeah but we played badly today and we could have a higher goal difference and the leaves are falling off the trees and the nights are drawing in and it's almost Christmas. :(

Get with the general tone, you Ally sympathiser.

avergae players or brilliant players, they clearly have no leadership on or off the park

it took us less than a minute to launch a fucking hoof ball up the park, marvin andrews and darren dods wont ever have an easier game, its no surprise that when the ball went over the top and dods was forced to deal with it on the ground he cocked it up

with that in mind you think we'd get law further up the park, get 2 quick strikers on andrews and dods, and play it in behind ON THE GROUND for us to go for

but nope, punt punt punt punt punt punt

its fucking depressing to see that our team look happy with that, then we try and see the game out in the last ten minutes instead of trying to kill it off, its not even like we stopped them having chances either, had big marvin put away either of his headers it would have been deserved for forfar

Fair points, some of which I agree with and some I don't.

However the overall picture is not that bleak. We were excellent against Airdrie, and decent to good in most of the other games. We can't expect not to have games like this with the players we do and in this kind of league. The mhanks were only recently dragged down to the level of successive poor performances against Arbroath. The picture is not as bad as the general reaction suggests.

Piss poor performance but I ain't joining the bandwagon.

Dick Campbell said prior to the game that he would set his team out to contain Rangers. The longer they held the team at bay, the better chance they have of a result. That is how teams are setting up against us and they might be part -timers, but they still have heart and with that, can play well.

We are getting wins at the moment, so as long as that continues, I am happy. Next season is the season where we need to be ready to play consistant football and Ally has until then to stabilise the team, in my opinion.