Regarding the centre-back positions

Zappa

Some good points in the op, but at the moment we're conceding very little, and scoring a lot, with big Jig the top goalscorer.

So it would be a bit harsh on Jig to drop him at the moment. I've no doubt Faure will get his chances throughout the season

as Jig will need rested now and again as he is not getting any younger, then we'll see what he's got to offer.

Faure is in the Managers sights anyway, would like to see the central defensive pairing Faure and Mohsni given a bit of time but how do you leave out Jig, clean sheets and top goalscorer, you would need your head examined...

Wrong - he was a defender and was switched to centre forward by Southend during the 2011–12 season due to injuries to the teams regular strikers.

Not wrong. I'm a Southend season ticket holder. Bil may have started his SUFC career at centre half but only because that was where Sturrock decided to play him. He didn't have a position in France where he was pretty much playing park football.

Having watched the guy for three years I can assure you that he is a natural centre forward. He's a monster in that position where his sheer power and ariel ability makes it next to impossible for limited defenders to deal with and IMO would score a huge number of goals for you if played there.

I honestly think Jigs experience and organisation at the back is one of the key reasons that big Mohsni has settled so well and also a reason why Faure has looked a lot better this season when playing next to Jig.

Think both have a good future at us but can't really drop Jig just now as he's been key in our results so far.

I'm a Southend season ticket holder. Bil may have started his SUFC career at centre half

So we're in agreement then (tu) He is very mobile for a big lad and could be our new Derek Johnstone capable of playing both positions equally well. In this league we are scoring for fun BUT defense is an issue so for the moment I hope Ally keeps him at CB.

That said could you imagine being a defender and have Bilel and Daly thundering in on you??? :thumbup: