NBA 2013-14 Thread

JamieD

Big Tim Duncan - how can anyone dislike the guy? He's set the record for double-doubles in NBA playoffs history now.

I want to go to one of those renaissance fairs he apparently loves. We could eat wild boar and quaff wine served by busty wenches.

LeBron has opted out of the last two years of his contract.

General consensus is that he'll be back next year anyway, just testing the water it seems.

Melo to Chicago gathering pace now, he's opted out but may end up back at the Knicks also.

Lebron to the Clippers :drool:

Would most likely have to get rid of DeAndre Jordan which I'd be gutted at but tbh he's a liability in the playoffs due to his free-throws. If they are lucky enough to play the Spurs you can bet Pop would just foul DJ :lol:

Sixers drafted Michael Carter Williams only a year ago and he was rookie of the year. They just drafted another PG. Strange.

Probably move him to SG, he's 6'6 or 6'7 which is huge for a PG. Still strange as PG is to the NBA what QB is to the NFL so he's going to see less of the ball at SG. Also they drafted an injured Centre when they have Nerlens Noel who is pretty good and still only 20 himself. Weird.

I find the NBA draft so weird compared to the NFL draft. Apart from the top 3 players there wasn't a lot of them talked about and hardly any of the later first round picks, never mind the second round, will make a huge impact early on. Clippers drafted Reggie Bullock 25th last year and he's hardly played, just to give you an idea. Whereas when you look at the NFL anybody up to probably round 5 can make an impact instantly.

Granted there are 53 players on an NFL roster compared to 12 in the NBA but you'd think there would still be the same depth of talent to make an impact. I mean there is only 2 rounds :lol:

Also watched a documentary on the 1984 Draft on YouTube. It's on for just over an hour and I'd recommend it. 4 NBA HOFers in Olajuwon, Jordan, Barkley and Stockton in one draft is pretty extraordinary, as well as a 5th in Oscar Scmidt, although he never signed his contract and played in the NBA.

Don't think I'd ever seen Chuck play and only seen him as a pundit so it was good to see he was as charismatic back then as well :lol: