KP and England

KingKirk

A lot of the chat from the likes of Aggers & Boycott is about KP's "stupid" outs and failure to knuckle down for the team. Will similar analysis be paid to all the other batsmen's outs or are we to assume they did knuckle down for the team while consistently getting bowled out for less than 200?

KP is always the tall poppy the easy target with the 'cheap outs' dig. Everyone can debate the alleged dressing room issues but the official line is he was dropped for 'cricketing reasons' well clearly that's BS , Vaughan has rubbished the claims he was 'unmanageable' and pretty much everyone from Vaughan , Harmison, Stewart , tufnell & both am just want to know the real reasons and I'm no different .

At the minute is just seems a ridiculous decision and it looks like KP has been sacrificed to protect a failing , struggling and unimaginative captain and that's just wrong .

KP is always the tall poppy the easy target with the 'cheap outs' dig. Everyone can debate the alleged dressing room issues but the official line is he was dropped for 'cricketing reasons' well clearly that's BS , Vaughan has rubbished the claims he was 'unmanageable' and pretty much everyone from Vaughan , Harmison, Stewart , tufnell & both am just want to know the real reasons and I'm no different .

At the minute is just seems a ridiculous decision and it looks like KP has been sacrificed to protect a failing , struggling and unimaginative captain and that's just wrong .

True, although many England fans need to take their share of blame for this. A KP "failure" while scoring something like 30-40 runs would near always attract more criticism than other batsmen getting out for considerably less. It seems the ECB want to appeal to, and confirm the suspicions of, these supporters and hope it will wash. I really hope the likes of Vaughan & Stewart keep up the pressure for answers.

Someone else compared KP with Barry Ferguson, while not validating this comparison, I would say compare & contrast the public comment from Walter Smith explaining his decision to drop Barry after the Scotland fiasco with the ECB's pathetic statement.

True, although many England fans need to take their share of blame for this. A KP "failure" while scoring something like 30-40 runs would near always attract more criticism than other batsmen getting out for considerably less. It seems the ECB want to appeal to, and confirm the suspicions of, these supporters and hope it will wash. I really hope the likes of Vaughan & Stewart keep up the pressure for answers.

Someone else compared KP with Barry Ferguson, while not validating this comparison, I would say compare & contrast the public comment from Walter Smith explaining his decision to drop Barry after the Scotland fiasco with the ECB's pathetic statement.

The KP 'failure' used to infuriate me , he'd get 40 runs and be branded a failure and the rest with a high score of 17 would somehow escape the same level of criticism . Bizarre .

If KP has done something badly wrong then fine tell us but this 'cricketing reasons' stuff is just rubbish and is making the ECB look pathetic

From BBC:

England's decision to end Kevin Pietersen's international career is still shrouded in confusion after national selector James Whitaker chose not to divulge the reasons.

“There are issues but at this stage I'm not at liberty to suggest in what areas”

"We are in a precarious situation in terms of what we can say," he added.

When pressed by BBC cricket correspondent Jonathan Agnew, Whitaker said: "There are issues but at this stage I'm not at liberty to suggest in what areas."

Asked if the truth would ever come out, he said:

"It's tricky to say. All I am very optimistic about doing is to reignite the passion that people will have to play for England and to win back the country."

i no some guys who have played with & against KP, they said he was the most rude,nasty,self centered,pig headed arse wipe they had ever been unfortunate to be associated with & were amazed he had lasted in a team of anysort without being punched - repeatedly