A Possible Historic Treble?

The Godfather

Not getting ahead of myself .All this talk of a treble is way too premature .The bottom line is if we never won the Ramsdens cup but yet managed to win the Scottish cup at Scumdome then our season has been a success .Wait and see what happens but at least we have some interest going into the final months of the season .

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you consider the Ramsden's Cup 'historic' with a wage budget of over ÂŁ7m, then your standards have dropped severely.

Of course it's a given but a treble including a Scottish cup would be 'historic' for the fact a thrid tier club have never won it before would it not?

No one is saying it would be our greatest achievement by any means but none the less it would have to be 'historic' based on the facts no?

Of course it's a given but a treble including a Scottish cup would be 'historic' for the fact a thrid tier club have never won it before would it not?

No one is saying it would be our greatest achievement by any means but none the less it would have to be 'historic' based on the facts no?

Historic as it's in the history books? Perhaps, but then everything we do will be in the history books.

Historic as in it's a great achievement? Definitely not. The only 'historic' thing there is the Scottish Cup, the league and Ramsden's should be considered as no more than a par achievement.

This is the same argument we had last year over whether it was 54 and a third division title or 55.....you cannot consider winning league one and the ramsdens cup as part of a treble! The last team to manage the fantastic achievement of winning 3 major honours was us under Mcleish and that can't be diluted just because we've had a few bad years! We are better than that!

Winning the league is a means to an end and likewise winning the ramsdens cup is nothing to shout about. The big achievement would be the Scottish cup but lets not embarrass ourselves trying to claim trebles etc because that just demeans the greats who have achieved that feat in the past!

Historic as it's in the history books? Perhaps, but then everything we do will be in the history books.

Historic as in it's a great achievement? Definitely not. The only 'historic' thing there is the Scottish Cup, the league and Ramsden's should be considered as no more than a par achievement.

Well my OP was based on a thrid tier club never winning it before which would make it 'historic'. The league and Ramsdens are minimum requirements and really should be the very bare minimum we reach.

The Scottish Cup would be a great achievement however IMO, yes we have the second highest wage budget but we are playing shite every other week so raising the level to win something where (SPL) better teams take part in would be special this season.

Of course we have not played any so far and we have had the luck of the draw but we will have to beat one eventually you would think and if we do and lift the cup it would be the best feeling for me since the win at Ibrox against the filth.

If we win all three, it is definitely a treble - League Cup, Ramsdens Cup, Scottish Cup = 3 trophies therefore a treble, the only people that would try and argue with that are the unwashed.

You can only win whats in front of you mate....three trophys usually relates to a treble.

This is the same argument we had last year over whether it was 54 and a third division title or 55.....you cannot consider winning league one and the ramsdens cup as part of a treble! The last team to manage the fantastic achievement of winning 3 major honours was us under Mcleish and that can't be diluted just because we've had a few bad years! We are better than that!

Winning the league is a means to an end and likewise winning the ramsdens cup is nothing to shout about. The big achievement would be the Scottish cup but lets not embarrass ourselves trying to claim trebles etc because that just demeans the greats who have achieved that feat in the past!

It's 2 cups and a leauge so therefore it must be a treble?

No one is saying it's a major one in the way a top league and top domestic cups would be but 3 trophies in a single season can only be seen as a treble

It's 2 cups and a leauge so therefore it must be a treble?

No one is saying it's a major one in the way a top league and top domestic cups would be but 3 trophies in a single season can only be seen as a treble

Technically it is a 'treble' but we all know the connotation of what winning a treble actually means and this is not it! I would be embarrassed if I saw the club or fans recognising this along with the achievements of the 03 team and those before them! As I say we are better than that and should adhere to a higher standard!

The Tims know that their title wins are somewhat tainted at the moment yet are desperate for others to recognise their 'achievements'.....let's not go down the same route!

Technically it is a 'treble' but we all know the connotation of what winning a treble actually means and this is not it! I would be embarrassed if I saw the club or fans recognising this along with the achievements of the 03 team and those before them! As I say we are better than that and should adhere to a higher standard!

The Tims know that their title wins are somewhat tainted at the moment yet are desperate for others to recognise their 'achievements'.....let's not go down the same route!

Tbh I don't really give a flying fuck what anyone outside Rangers thinks about how we treat this achievement IF we get it.

I'll be celebrating it and enjoying it while rubbing every cunts face in who have gave us pelters the past few years.

No one has ever said it's the same as what it was when we won them in the top flight but we are not a top flight club anymore...that does not mean we sit looking depressed and not celebrating or marking an achievement like this if it were to happen.

Rangers Treble Winners 2013-2014.

I won't cringe over that