"Its Rangers For me"

D'Artagnan

I was so looking forward to this book about our club by Graham Walker & Ronnie Esplin which was to be an in depth look at our club and support.

However the decision by editor Ronnie Esplin to devote a chapter within the book to Graham Spiers...to pen his comments... astounds me....I find it incomprehensible.

There is now a fairly comprehensive movement amongst the Rangers support to boycott buying this book unless Speirs input is removed.

I certainly wont be buying it - if this reptile has any input.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you mean a chapter on his activities or there is a chapter written by gulpy?

No a chapter written by the gulpy - sorry should have clarified that - he is now claiming "Rangers connections"

I know what kind of connection I would like to give him.

Guest orangpendek

aye, he does claim to be gers man. and whilst one would expect a man in his job to try to remain as objective as possible, frankly there have been too many childish pokes at the club/supporters to make his claim credible.

if, truly, spiers was as offended as he has claimed, would he not have forsaken the rangers in disgust? after all, for many years the pro-unionist, pro-presbyterian agenda was wholeheartedly endorsed by the hierarchy - it's not as if it was only the enclosure element who indulged. why, you have to ask, would someone who found and finds the whole ethos the club has endorsed for nigh on 100 years remain a supporter? it stretches credibility too far.

aaaaaaanyway, i shan't be purchasing. my advice: join you library and borrow it. you not only save money, you will be supporting a worthy civic facility.

aye, he does claim to be gers man. and whilst one would expect a man in his job to try to remain as objective as possible, frankly there have been too many childish pokes at the club/supporters to make his claim credible.

if, truly, spiers was as offended as he has claimed, would he not have forsaken the rangers in disgust? after all, for many years the pro-unionist, pro-presbyterian agenda was wholeheartedly endorsed by the hierarchy - it's not as if it was only the enclosure element who indulged. why, you have to ask, would someone who found and finds the whole ethos the club has endorsed for nigh on 100 years remain a supporter? it stretches credibility too far.

aaaaaaanyway, i shan't be purchasing. my advice: join you library and borrow it. you not only save money, you will be supporting a worthy civic facility.

Im told Dek it all started when he had a fall out with SDM....after a critical article SDM referred to him as "the Judas Iscariot of Scottish journalism"

No a chapter written by the gulpy - sorry should have clarified that - he is now claiming "Rangers connections"

fist and face would be the nicest connection

I was so looking forward to this book about our club by Graham Walker & Ronnie Esplin which was to be an in depth look at our club and support.

However the decision by editor Ronnie Esplin to devote a chapter within the book to Graham Spiers...to pen his comments... astounds me....I find it incomprehensible.

There is now a fairly comprehensive movement amongst the Rangers support to boycott buying this book unless Speirs input is removed.

I certainly wont be buying it - if this reptile has any input.

Hes obviously not going to sell many copies!

I refuse to read anything speirs writes, the guy hasn't got a clue about football, thats why he always focuses on sectarianism

The considerable stooshy regarding this book should not for one minute be overlooked or dismissed as merely personal against Spiers. It goes much, much deeper than that.

Its true however that you would search far and wide to find a journo amongst the Rangers support more hated than Graham Spiers. And he has earned that dubious honour with a systematic and prolonged campaign of hatred and lies against our club.

But this whole issue has greater implications than merely giving Spiers a bloody nose as payback for all those lies – even deeper than boycotting any work which he is involved in.

It presents the Rangers support with a rare opportunity to hit back at those who seek to vilify this club or demonise its support. To demonstrate that there is a price to be paid for peddling lies and hatred regarding our club.

Think back for just a moment to the many threads regarding Spiers lies – and the sense of anger and utter frustration as we were powerless to take action.

These opportunities are few and far between and its vital that we maximise them when they come round.

If Spiers contribution to this book is allowed to stand and the book proves to be a good seller amongst the Rangers support what does that say about us as a support ? That people can treat us with utter contempt with absolutely no retribution whatsoever ? Do you think it will cause any journo to think twice about lying about this club in the future ?

Alternatively… can you imagine the message which will be generated if Spiers involvement is removed ? I would respectfully suggest that the consequences of vilifying this club will not go unnoticed.

While some may look on it as too much of a sacrifice to refrain from buying this book - I would ask you to consider some of the the Rangers fans who were to be contributors to this work and have subsequently withdrawn due to Spiers involvement. They have sacrificed much work, research and of course the honour of seeing their names in print within a publication concerning Rangers.

I sincerely hope this does not prove to be an opportunity missed. If it does the consequences for our club and future attacks from Rangers haters is something which does not bare thinking about.

Im told Dek it all started when he had a fall out with SDM....after a critical article SDM referred to him as "the Judas Iscariot of Scottish journalism"

If only big Davie was still motivated to be that vocal :(

The considerable stooshy regarding this book should not for one minute be overlooked or dismissed as merely personal against Spiers. It goes much, much deeper than that.

Its true however that you would search far and wide to find a journo amongst the Rangers support more hated than Graham Spiers. And he has earned that dubious honour with a systematic and prolonged campaign of hatred and lies against our club.

But this whole issue has greater implications than merely giving Spiers a bloody nose as payback for all those lies – even deeper than boycotting any work which he is involved in.

It presents the Rangers support with a rare opportunity to hit back at those who seek to vilify this club or demonise its support. To demonstrate that there is a price to be paid for peddling lies and hatred regarding our club.

Think back for just a moment to the many threads regarding Spiers lies – and the sense of anger and utter frustration as we were powerless to take action.

These opportunities are few and far between and its vital that we maximise them when they come round.

If Spiers contribution to this book is allowed to stand and the book proves to be a good seller amongst the Rangers support what does that say about us as a support ? That people can treat us with utter contempt with absolutely no retribution whatsoever ? Do you think it will cause any journo to think twice about lying about this club in the future ?

Alternatively… can you imagine the message which will be generated if Spiers involvement is removed ? I would respectfully suggest that the consequences of vilifying this club will not go unnoticed.

While some may look on it as too much of a sacrifice to refrain from buying this book - I would ask you to consider some of the the Rangers fans who were to be contributors to this work and have subsequently withdrawn due to Spiers involvement. They have sacrificed much work, research and of course the honour of seeing their names in print within a publication concerning Rangers.

I sincerely hope this does not prove to be an opportunity missed. If it does the consequences for our club and future attacks from Rangers haters is something which does not bare thinking about.

Regardless if Speirs was removed from this book or not, it wouldnt stop him from slating us, so, fuck him, i have better things to do with my time than read the pish he writes

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

So hold on, after all this time - all this condemnation, Mr Spiers is actually one of us?

A Rangers fan just sick of the bigots?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Your really think this is funny ?

A guy that trampled on the memory of Jock Wallace and Davie Cooper ? Who poked fun at Big Marv's Chrisitian beliefs ?

Who lied about the Ian Durrant injury tackle ?

You really are beneath contempt.

A guy that trampled on the memory of Jock Wallace and Davie Cooper ? Who poked at Big Marv's Chrisitian beliefs ?

Did I say any of that? Of course you will apologize right?

Yeah, right!

No, whats funny is that you and others have painted this guy as the anti christ and have him as the most anti Rangers or Pro-Celtic guy out there and yet - it seems he is a Gers fan too after all!

Yeah, too right I am laughing at that

Yeah, right!

No, whats funny is that you and others have painted this guy as the anti christ and have him as the most anti Rangers or Pro-Celtic guy out there and yet - it seems he is a Gers fan too after all!

Not at all.

Its well known that he's a Rangers "fan", he's just a complete arsehole.

Yeah, right!

I wont apologise for anything - I have known for years about Spiers claim to have followed Rangers as a boy.

Actions speak louder than words - or in his case his words speak louder than his alleged claims.

But perhaps you would like to apologise for once again turning a thread about a book - onto the focus of bigotry within the Rangers support.

A guy that trampled on the memory of Jock Wallace and Davie Cooper ? Who poked fun at Big Marv's Chrisitian beliefs ?

AND states quite clearly that Neil Lennon is just a misunderstood innocent wee guy and of course one of Spiers mates. Spiers is a cock of the highest order.post-495-1181897647_thumb.jpg

I wont apologise for anything - I have known for years about Spiers claim to have followed Rangers as a boy.

Actions speak louder than words - or in his case his words speak louder than his alleged claims.

But perhaps you would like to apologise for once again turning a thread about a book - onto the focus of bigotry within the Rangers support.

I never mentioned bigotry - just think it is funny that this guy you hate is a Rangers fan

And you accused me of attacking fellow bears when you have led the way all this time lol

You cannae beat it

Anyway, enjoy the rest of the thread - I am offski

I never mentioned bigotry - just think it is funny that this guy you hate is a Rangers fan

And you accused me of attacking fellow bears when you have led the way all this time lol

You cannae beat it

Anyway, enjoy the rest of the thread - I am offski

So many lies Bauba that you cant even keep track of them..... ?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

So hold on, after all this time - all this condemnation, Mr Spiers is actually one of us?

A Rangers fan just sick of the bigots?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

A very tenuous one - after his head rolled