What was your first Rangers game & how old were you?

First game I remember was beating falkirk 1-0 in August 1986. Was the first home match of the season. Ally scored a pen to win the game. I was in the broomloan rear for that game. Sure it was midweek game. Remember couple of days later being at ibrox watching us lose 3-2 to dundee utd after being 2-0 up at ht.

Sure that's the last time we lost at ibrox after being 2 goals ahead

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was taken to see us win the league on the last day of the season in 1968, as an 8 year old. Unfortunately we lost 3-2 at Ibrox to Aberdeen, the title went to Celtic. Ferguson was playing centre forward. Still remember the first sight of the stadium as I came up the steps in the main stand. Also the colours (so used to watching black and whiteTV football!)

The colours were definetly a stark contrast to the old black and white tellys ! People just couldn't appreciate that today.

Remember that game well, it was first time I saw Rangers get beat. Think Sorenson sold a couple of goals, one of them in the last few minutes. Gutted.

But for this, we would have went through the season undefeated, including home and away wins against the mob from the east end's 'greatest ever' team. If we had won our last game, they would still have won the league on goal difference if they beat Dunfermline away the following Monday or Tuesday night. It seems incredible now (sporting integrity and all that) that they were allowed to watch how we got on on the Saturday and then play their game two days later. Not sure but think the reason for this might have been Dunfermline playing in the cup final on the Saturday ( which would make it even more dodgy that they were asked to play what could have been a title decider so soon after the final)

Yes, Dunfermline played Hearts in the cup final on the day we lost to Aberdeen.

Still remember being at that game, standing with my old man and his mates at Stairway 11, just under the cover near the Celtic end. I recall there being a lot of anguish as we had turned up expecting to win the league. Did Jim Forrest not play for Aberdeen that day?

Think you are right about Forrest.

Hibs v Rangers at Easter Road in May 1983. I was 15. Rangers won 2-1.

First home game was v Aberdeen in September 1983. The Sheep won 3-0. Hugh Burns was sent off early doors. Signalled the beginning of the Sack John Greig protests.