*** RM Sponsors' Fund-Nicky Law Shirt - BIDDING ENDED

govanblue

One would like to be associated with the above comments :D great work GB and also the person bidding that amount, fantastic. :clap:

Just read through this and other threads re sponsorship, we must be the only forum that puts time and effort on such a scale.

Just read through this and other threads re sponsorship, we must be the only forum that puts time and effort on such a scale.

It is one of the great things about RM (tu) it does need someone like GB to be able to make it work, and all the members are grateful for what he does. (tu)

I don't have time to visit other forums, but if that's true, it won't be down to a lack of Good Bears willing to help, more likely a lack of belief in what can be achieved with relatively little.

It is one of the great things about RM (tu) it does need someone like GB to be able to make it work, and all the members are grateful for what he does. (tu)

A pipeline is useless without a continual flow of High-Grade Oil flowing through it (preferably under pressure) :lol:

wait till you see what's in the pipeline for Erskine. Time to mix metaphors - a veritable goldmine! (tu)

Here's a TINY taster...

2mfc7dv.jpg

Was the idea of the sponsorship not set up to purchase goods from the Club shops?

The Erskine is such a noble and worthwhile cause, I know through making donations to another forum that have been doing sterling work to help Erskine, so would iy not have been better to make the RM donations to this long established Rangers Erskine appeal and create a bigger and better fund for Erskine?

Was the idea of the sponsorship not set up to purchase goods from the Club shops?

The Erskine is such a noble and worthwhile cause, I know through making donations to another forum that have been doing sterling work to help Erskine, so would iy not have been better to make the RM donations to this long established Rangers Erskine appeal and create a bigger and better fund for Erskine?

We have done both mate, and it's proved very successful so far.

Here's just some of what we've done for Erskine...

Deep breath...

1. Erskine Day Out for 6 veterans, 3 carers and 1 driver from Erskine Glasgow Home - incorporating:

Guided tour, 3 course lunch in Argyle Restaurant, Megastore shopping spree for the veterans

2. Repeated the above for 3 other Erskine Homes. (Park, Mains and Bishopton)

3. Donated £520 cash to the 4 homes to directly supplement their Christmas Dinner & Festivities

4. Treated a party of Veterans and carers to a Hospitality Cup Game in the Disabled Supporters Suite

4. Ensured our 4 homes were well stocked with current and vintage match programmes and other products and memorabilia

5. Donated over 500 miniature bottles of whisky to ensure every resident got a dram in their D-Day ration packs.

6. govanblue ran twice round Easter road (Uphill!) 5 minutes before kick-off to ensure that we got the wheelchair access ticket to old Jimmy, who until the morning of the match, probably thought he had seen his last Rangers Final Years ago.

There's lots more I've missed but you get my drift.

Oh, and I do know for sure that the people we deal with at Erskine are absolutely delighted with our support, particularly due to its unique personal touch (A snowglobe for every resident who wants one!!!) which is not offered by anyone else, and not something that can be done just by throwing cash at their head office*.

So the Sponsors Fund , which was set up to support a club in crisis, spends money on Rangers, and if Erskine can benefit from that through match tickets etc, then all the better.

The Erskine Lunch Fund raises money for Erskine, and does NOT spend that money on Rangers (Rangers have so far donated 40 Ibrox Tour Tickets to our Veteran parties btw) - it spends it either directly on Erskine, or in buying products from parties who are NOT Rangers (Like buying our Veterans lunch from the Argyle Restaurant, and buying the occasional bit of memorabilia off Amazon or ebay to help make a particular veteran's day)

The Erskine Lunch Fund will have its big fundraisers between November and December, when I expect we will raise over £1000 for Erskine, not Rangers.

The Ticket Fund will make sure Rangers sell tickets, and Bears in Need get to see The Rangers

And the Teddy Bears Fund will do what it can to help the young un's.

I think we've got most bases covered, but we're always open to new suggestions (tu)

* And by that I mean throwing the £1000 or so that we could raise at their Head office, not throwing half a million (!!!) at Head Office like the RSEA has done so magnificently - obviously that's gonna make a difference :D . But our little drop in the Ocean is better spent directly on the Residents where it can make a profound difference to individuals in a way that just money on its own can't.

And you'll probably also find that most of the donors to the RM Erskine Lunch Fund are not shy when it comes to supporting and donating to RSEA either. (tu)

Not having a go at you btw mate - you don't know all this because you haven't seen all the "Erskine Lunch Fund" Threads, and probably don't know a great deal about the history of the Funds.

But it gives me another opportunity to promote the cause by reminding folk of some of the things we've done, and continue to do, and hopefully convince you to donate £10 for your Sponsors' Fund Membership Fee - which then qualifies you to donate to, and get fully involved in, our full range of Erskine Activities. (tu)

Bloody hell. Just back from.music festival in Denmark and was going to increase my bid :-(

Mind you, I did advise people to put in their genuine maximum bid, and not play bid and counterbid. Now you see why. :D

If you were prepared to pay more, you should've bid more! :D

If you had bid say £300, you would've got it for £1 more than the next-highest bid (which was less than £300) :(