Youth players this season.

gersandy

Why are we tipping so many youngsters for success this season? Has McCoist resigned?

We live in hope. I suppose i was under the impression we'd be going with youth when we were relegated. For me, it leaves a bitter taste in the mouth knowing we had the chance to build a really strong team using youths. I thought with the pressure of SPL football away, we'd emerge from this with 7 or 8 really good homegrown players.

I dont want to turn it into an Ally bashing thread, because hes the manager for now and we must back him. But there was no reason to be splashing all that money on wages for players like Cribari or Shiels to sit on the bench. The only reason i can think is to justify McCoists wages, who was reported to be on £800k a year, for managing a team in Division 3. Even after a 50% wage cut, hes on more than every manager in the top league!

We live in hope. I suppose i was under the impression we'd be going with youth when we were relegated. For me, it leaves a bitter taste in the mouth knowing we had the chance to build a really strong team using youths. I thought with the pressure of SPL football away, we'd emerge from this with 7 or 8 really good homegrown players.

I dont want to turn it into an Ally bashing thread, because hes the manager for now and we must back him. But there was no reason to be splashing all that money on wages for players like Cribari or Shiels to sit on the bench. The only reason i can think is to justify McCoists wages, who was reported to be on £800k a year, for managing a team in Division 3. Even after a 50% wage cut, hes on more than every manager in the top league!

We have never in the 140 year history of our great club been 'relegated'. We were booted out of the top tier and fortunately regained entry to the Scottish Football leagues through the auspices of the SFL. The corrupt bastards in the SPL/SFA would have let us die but relegated nope.

Sorry to be pedantic and agree with the rest of your post.

How could anyone build a really strong team using youths if they're not good enough? We'd still be in the 1st or 2nd Division, but hey! we'd have a lot of young players!

What happened to Danny Stoney... came in at end of 3rd division season then never played at all last season?!?

Gallacher could be the one to make a big impact this year I reckon. I would have liked one of the centre backs to get a shout too but think they might be loaned out.