Programme fair update

Eck the bear

THE 1ST AUCHINLECK TALBOT FAIR

October 05, 2014

Auchinleck Talbot Social Club, 91 Coal Road, KA18 2ER.

Time

11:00am-2:00pm.

Admission

Free.

SELLERS

John Holroyd - mainly Auchinleck Talbot homes and aways and other sections of Scottish non league, plus 100's of modern FAC Finals, League Cup Finals, Charity Shields. Some tasty Scottish Junior Cup Finals and semi finals from the early 1950's and some fairly hard to get hold of Scottish fitba magazines.

Boyd Miller, like myself will have a huge selection of Scottish non league including the Juniors in the S.Cup proper, Junior Cup, friendlies, Rangers friendlies h&a, Cup Finals and semi finals, Europeans, books etc.

Eck (Alex Boyd) will be having a good stock of 1950's and 60's Scottish league and cup, 150 plus Killie programmes, reserves, 30 plus Junior Finals, books and magazines etc hundreds of Rangers programmes, hundreds of Rangers news and 150 Rangers fanzines.

Derek Hunter and Frank Ward will have a good selection of 1950's and 60's Scottish League and Cup with an emphasis on Ayr, Hearts, Hibs, Third Lanark. No doubt there'll be plenty more, plus a few obscure Junior items.

Richard Cairns will have his usual well varied stock which will undoubtedly include a good Killie selection as well as others from right across the football spectrum both from Scotland and England. He will be joined by John Smith who will have some nice Rangers and Junior items. Stewart Davidson will have a small box of books on their stall an aw.

Bar will be open from 12.30pm for a wee swally! If there's any interest Ill see if I can get the ground open as well if anybody would like a look around.

Eck just finished reading the 77/78 programmes i got from you outside Ibrox.

Brilliant read and what a successful season.The stiffs (reserves) even won tbier league...no mean feat as a lot of first teamers played.,their FIFTH in succession.

Who am i best to contact for Camelon and Whitburn Juniors from late 79's onwards ?

Eck just finished reading the 77/78 programmes i got from you outside Ibrox.

Brilliant read and what a successful season.The stiffs (reserves) even won tbier league...no mean feat as a lot of first teamers played.,their FIFTH in succession.

Who am i best to contact for Camelon and Whitburn Juniors from late 79's onwards ?

There will be a lot of this stuff at the fair, I'll have a look and see what i've got, I sell most Juniors for 50p each, pre 85 Juniors are quite rare though.

I did OK I never sold any Rangers stuff until the last 15 minutes, when a Rangers supporter came in and bought some stuff. I sold a few Juniors, some magazines and some other stuff, it was a great day out, the social aspect of it was the best thing for me. The Auchinleck Talbot set up is very impressive, I bought a nice wee Hearts v Rangers programme from 1957 for £4 as well.

• 1 month later...