The Rangers board silence is deafening

blue No11

They have a duty of care for the supporters? Really? Do you gave s duty of care to your customers? Again I'll ask you, if an employee of yours resigned on a Friday afternoon with legal issues would you have advised all your customers by the Sunday?

You cannot even compare Rangers to my business,my business is not in the public eye and there would be no need to inform the customers. Rangers are a

CLUB. Go and look up the definition of club !

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Simply put will you please talk to us the fans and tell us what is going on ? We are the supporters of the club,we are the lifeblood of the club,we are the biggest part of the club,without us there is no club. If you want bums back on seats you have to talk. It is the number 1 rule in running a successful business,talking to your customers !

It's not too much to ask and believe it or not it is your duty and your way forward in bringing the support back together long term !

What can they say that has not been released through the proper official channels??????

Ally has resigned - check

He has a years notice - check

He is claiming his old salary - check

What else do you want them to say? As it stands under the law we still have a manager for the next 12 months. Why put ourselves at risk of a court appearance under employment law by disclosing elements of an employees private contractual affairs???

To be fair, S.E. was still open on Friday, and this statement could have been knocked up pretty quick, it was all it should have been and needed to be.

Will you give rangers ANY credit for ANYTHING? or any benefit of the doubt?

Or does that all reside with Ally the angel?

Jeeze he is not even expected to achieve a standard of excellence on the field.

Will you give rangers ANY credit for ANYTHING? or any benefit of the doubt?

Or does that all reside with Ally the angel?

Jeeze he is not even expected to achieve a standard of excellence on the field.

I think the club screwed this up from a comms perspective. Like we have screwed a lot up from a comms perspective.

We have a rudderless executive that seem happier talking in leaks to the press than in making open decisions, and I think it is pretty pathetic.

On the same token, as I have said in other threads, if Ally leaked the story on Friday, equally pathetic playing leak games in the media.

To be fair, S.E. was still open on Friday, and this statement could have been knocked up pretty quick, it was all it should have been and needed to be.

I'm happy enough that they took the weekend to look into the situation, get all their ducks in a row, probably looked into the legalities of announcing wage increases etc and then release Monday morning.

Seems you're just annoyed for the sake of being annoyed.

I'm happy enough that they took the weekend to look into the situation, get all their ducks in a row, probably looked into the legalities of announcing wage increases etc and then release Monday morning.

Hardly, I find us going through almost three days not knowing if our manager had resigned ridiculous.

Hardly, I find us going through almost three days not knowing if our manager had resigned ridiculous.

Ally played his cards well and it sickens me that he decided to do this right before a crucial match (not that it made much difference with his management skills!) but also by doing it later on a Friday he knew that the board couldnt respond and whether people like it or not we are bound by SE rules! This was played out in the press and only one person is responsible for that as any real man would have walked into the room and sat down with the Chairman or CEO or whoever and handed over the letter and said what it was. Could have been done behind closed doors and a joint statement released at the right time instead of all this cat and mouse shite...

As I said before, take a look at how McCall left Motherwell!

This is far from a straightforward situation.

If the board rushed out a statement and later had to change bits they'd be savaged. If they don't they get savaged.

There is due process. Allys resignation has many ramifications, and I expect there would have been many conversations between Ally, the board, the main shareholders, Ashleys people and the legal bods, the NOMAD, the AIM, plus probably the SFA. There are also constraints on how they release certain information.

Unfortunately the fans don't figure in any of that. Right or wrong.

I would much rather they took the time to put out a correct and proper statement in the right process. This can only help protect the club in any future litigation. Loose kneejerk talk has cost us in the past.

For the record, like every other fan, I would love to know everything that was happening, but I can also appreciate that is not going to happen in a commercial business in real time.

Anyone who thinks the board should just fire out statements off the cuff is either at it, or has no concept of how business operates.

Go look up what a PLC is

PLC companies do not need to tell the stock exchange first in regards to the dismissal or resignation of a manager unless he is a board member,director CEO etc. Get your bloody facts right before you start spouting pish. They could have informed us the fans before the stock exchange but they chose not to.

PLC companies do not need to tell the stock exchange first in regards to the dismissal or resignation of a manager unless he is a board member,director CEO etc. Get your bloody facts right before you start spouting pish. They could have informed us the fans before the stock exchange but they chose not to.

could ally have imformed us?

This is far from a straightforward situation.

If the board rushed out a statement and later had to change bits they'd be savaged. If they don't they get savaged.

There is due process. Allys resignation has many ramifications, and I expect there would have been many conversations between Ally, the board, the main shareholders, Ashleys people and the legal bods, the NOMAD, the AIM, plus probably the SFA. There are also constraints on how they release certain information.

Unfortunately the fans don't figure in any of that. Right or wrong.

I would much rather they took the time to put out a correct and proper statement in the right process. This can only help protect the club in any future litigation. Loose kneejerk talk has cost us in the past.

For the record, like every other fan, I would love to know everything that was happening, but I can also appreciate that is not going to happen in a commercial business in real time.

Anyone who thinks the board should just fire out statements off the cuff is either at it, or has no concept of how business operates.

Agree mate.

Isn't it strange how some folk blame the Board when there are 2 sides to this story, Ally could have came out and told us he had resigned, but no, he dangled it to the media by not confirming nor denying it on Friday night,adding in the post match interview that his intention was to get us promotion.

The board are obviously looking at this through the legalities of the situation and until they are done, there is nothing to report on.

They do need to inform the Stock Exchange of any significant event that "could" have an impact on trading or share price such as an additional major financial liability, significant change within the organisation and many many other events that might not seem obvious at first! If you are on a Board and have any responsibility for reporting, risk or governance then you always play safe and never react without taking proper advice. For once our club probably reacted in the correct responsible manner and we still slate them!

I think the club screwed this up from a comms perspective. Like we have screwed a lot up from a comms perspective.

We have a rudderless executive that seem happier talking in leaks to the press than in making open decisions, and I think it is pretty pathetic.

On the same token, as I have said in other threads, if Ally leaked the story on Friday, equally pathetic playing leak games in the media.

u just ignore others arguments dont u. There are times when doing nothing is exactly the correct course of action. We have a manager for the next twelve months. If rangers had made an announcement u would have used it against them to accuse them of spivery, un professionalism etc. I ask again. What should the board have said? What if mccoist did not what situation with HIS job announced?

u just ignore others arguments dont u. There are times when doing nothing is exactly the correct course of action. We have a manager for the next twelve months. If rangers had made an announcement u would have used it against them to accuse them of spivery, un professionalism etc. I ask again. What should the board have said? What if mccoist did not what situation with HIS job announced?

We should have released a comm on Friday that said what the comm said this morning, only we should have spelt his name correctly.

Thanks for telling me what I would have thought about them doing so. For the record, I think their comment about his salary was unrequired and I hate that this is how we now negotiate with staff. Fact is that a whole lot of people want rid of him, and that forums lead to polarised views, so they have turned against him and will be against him regardless of the situation, you will think I am the opposite to this, but I will disagree.

We should have released a comm on Friday that said what the comm said this morning, only we should have spelt his name correctly.

Thanks for telling me what I would have thought about them doing so. For the record, I think their comment about his salary was unrequired and I hate that this is how we now negotiate with staff. Fact is that a whole lot of people want rid of him, and that forums lead to polarised views, so they have turned against him and will be against him regardless of the situation, you will think I am the opposite to this, but I will disagree.

u dont have talk some rubbish. Anything to defend poor we rich allys feelings.

You have.not said he us a good manager so I assume you agree he is totally shite. I understand and agree with u. I cannot understand why,given he is so appallingly untalented, u dont just eant him to feck out of our club?? Who comea first ? Ally or rangers?

I can sympathise with Ally on one point. The undermining backstabbing nonsense he has endured, rightly or wrongly, has been a disgrace to anyone associated with Rangers. This is exactly what it's like to work for a small "family run" business (the bus brothers). Regardless of who was at the helm they would have faced the same tragic outcome.

As for the waters being muddied by talk of the knight in shining armour, Dave King, you really need to ask yourself - if you ran a business, and King's C.V. landed on your desk would you give him an interview? Would you give him a job?

Not one of them are team players, and therein lies the problem. I for one will not be surprised if the Board resigns this week. There are times when a Board needs to be passive. This is not the time.