Clement

MikeBlue

I'm sure that everyone at Ibrox yesterday saw him bottle a tackle that was 60-40% in his favour.

Frankly that is simply not good enough. He is a defensive midfielder FFS. He isn't creative and doesn't provide box-box running power (not that we currently have anyone that does). Oh, and he doesn't score goals either. His performance yesterday was, for me, the most disappointing aspect of a very poor display (I don't expect much from Papac or Adam anyway)

His primary job is to win the ball - someone needs to explain this to him.

This post must be part of the 'bumming' up Mr Fish was talking about :lol:

I agree with you; he's ALRIGHT but too limited. He just doesn't do a lot. What he does is ok, but he's never the class many fans consider him.

Jeremy Clement is always to quick to pass the ball. its like pass the parcel, he just doesn't want to hold onto it for any length of time. His passes are usually backwards or square, and he rarely makes forward runs. I can't remember the last time i seen him hit a shot

Jeremy Clement is always to quick to pass the ball. its like pass the parcel, he just doesn't want to hold onto it for any length of time. His passes are usually backwards or square, and he rarely makes forward runs. I can't remember the last time i seen him hit a shot

To my recollection, you can't remember because he never actually has.

Jesus talk about scrapping the barrel guys. I know things are bad but it must be bad when people evn criticise our better performers

A defensive midfielder doesnt have to be steaming into tackles for 90 minutes. And they very rarely make box to box runs. Clement performs his role to perfection. Do you ever see Makelele hit a shot or go into a heavy tackle?

Clement performs his role to perfection.

Perfection eh. In my view that doesn't include losing 60:40 tackles as he did yesterday. I'm not suggesting Clement shouldn't be in the team, but in the last few games he hasn't played well. If he doesn't win the ball, make foward passes, provide running power or score goals, exactly what is his function?

Clement is a holding m/fielder and does that usually ok.

He is an AVERAGE player - no more.

Our midfield is WAY over-rated by some. WE have BF. He is the only one that can impose himself on a game and dominate. Sionko and Adam are poor and Clement average and limited.

We need a ball winner that can also go forward and can really PASS a ball. Someone with guile.

At present we are just poor, especially if BF is not on his game.

:rolleyes:

Jesus talk about scrapping the barrel guys. I know things are bad but it must be bad when people evn criticise our better performers

A defensive midfielder doesnt have to be steaming into tackles for 90 minutes. And they very rarely make box to box runs. Clement performs his role to perfection. Do you ever see Makelele hit a shot or go into a heavy tackle?

Why the hell do we need a defensive midfielder? We are supposed to be the team that dictates play and drives forward with two box-to-box midfielders.

Clement can hardly do his job to perfection when he was being outclassed and outplayed by St Mirren's midfield. And that i not just a dig at Clement, this is aimed at BF and Charlie Adam. On his day Barry is easily the best player in the country but he cannot do it himself. He needs to organise the midfield better and instill some passion into the players around him. Afterall, he was upset that PLG denounced the role as captain so he should show just what a captain is meant to do by doing the things i have stated.

Charlie Adam is never a Rangers player. I have backed him against criticism the whople season but after watching him in the past two games my oppinion has changed. And why is he playing every week? Because our "squad" is nothing but bare bones and we have nobody who can come in to replace him. He knows his place is safe and that is the problem. They all do.

Yes - Our SQUAD - its a big problem. Duds from Eck's time plus PLG's new duds.

Amazing how poor we are. You would think that PLG with all the spare time he had could have looked at more teams than A. Vienna!

Exactly. All boils down to how he under-estimated the Scottish game again. It was his choice. He never spent all the money that was there which shows he felt he had a good enough squad but he never prepared foer something to happen that would depleat the squad. He didn't expect Bardsley and Martin to go back so early, he didn't expect most of our wingers to get injured and he certainly didn't prepare for fatigue among the older players and who would replace them. It seems that the best news going into the Motherwell game is that Dado Prso, who is almost out on his feet and edging into retirement, is back from injury. A sad state of affairs when we need to rely on the big man. If only the rest had his attitude.

To my recollection, you can't remember because he never actually has.

I can remember two but i can't remember the games.

If you had seen these shots you would realize why he won't shoot. :lol:

Can't believe people are having a right dig at Clement.

Sorry, but while it's okay for you to think its a 60-40 in his favour, you aren't the one down there in that situation. It may not have been in his favour.

Then what, he goes into a 50/50, gets crocked then you would have been the 1st one on his back for jumping into a silly tackle.

Need to think more about this mate, Clement is going to be a brilliant player. We are gonna end up selling him for a fair bit.

WELL SAID!!! (tu)

Makelele has scored this season next question ? :P

Then what, he goes into a 50/50, gets crocked then you would have been the 1st one on his back for jumping into a silly tackle.

So our midfielders shouldn't be going in for 50:50 tackles now? I am talking about a competitive game here, not the training pitch you understand?